The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
Now you could even speculate if it would sell more if it were released on the PS4 sometime next year.
Surely, it could've been a system seller for many (including myself) under the premise that it truly was a next-gen game; sounds, AI, visual quality etc.

As for GT6 on the PS3; I guess next-gen really did steal the show after all, regardless of the PS3's supposedly 80 million-ish installbase. Or perhaps it was poor marketing of the game? GT6's LTD sales will be an interesting one to keep an eye on.

Edit:
Either way, there are several reasons why the game (juding by the article) isn't doing as good as it's predecessor. My best guesses are either weak marketing, next-gen stealing the show, bad publicity (never ending updates, sounds not getting improved, MTs - just to name a few off the top of my head), people got burned by GT5 and moved on or the fact that GT6 is basically seen as a GT5.5 by many.

Last edited:
Surely, it could've been a system seller for many (including myself) under the premise that it truly was a next-gen game; sounds, AI, visual quality etc.

As for GT6 on the PS3; I guess next-gen really did steal the show after all, regardless of the PS3's supposedly 80 million-ish installbase. GT6's LTD sales will be an interesting one to keep an eye on.
Surely. It could be the decising factor determining the future of the series.

It is the lack of any racing content which stopped me purchasing it, nothing to do with which console it is on.
As I said before, we could only speculate if it would sell better on another console, but I agree with you. The "racing factor" on GT has been left behind in the past.

As for GT6 on the PS3; I guess next-gen really did steal the show after all, regardless of the PS3's supposedly 80 million-ish installbase. Or perhaps it was poor marketing of the game? GT6's LTD sales will be an interesting one to keep an eye on.

Edit:
Either way, there are several reasons why the game (juding by the article) isn't doing as good as it's predecessor. My best guesses are either weak marketing, next-gen stealing the show, bad publicity (never ending updates, sounds not getting improved, MTs - just to name a few off the top of my head), people got burned by GT5 and moved on or the fact that GT6 is basically seen as a GT5.5 by many.
Can't be the marketing tough:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-comes-to-life/

Apart from that the game also received equal hype in the gaming press as before; i guess we weren't the only ones being disillusioned with GT5 and people just held off till release to see what the game was about.

People underestimate the damage done by GT5, If fans like us decided not to get it this time, imagine most casuals who won't think about it twice.

Here and in other forums, people know about the updates, Kaz's vague answers and such that manage to keep the community alive, casuals in general, never visit fansites like these so they don't know.

All they know is that GT6 is out and by the looks and sounds of it, it's not enough of an improvement to buy it.

WHERE ARE THE ENDURANCE RACES??? I made it to S-Class and all I see is 24 minutes of LeMans... Can anyone else confirm the presence of endurance races in this game?

First GT I've never purchased on release date... I'm a little disappointed that PD wasn't ready to release it on the PS4... I have to say right now, "The thrill is gone..."

OK so there are a lot of things to like because it has cars and tracks, but the things that I don't like stand out more. Why? because I just paid £40 for practically the same game.

There is a lot of tear up when turning the corners. Lot of pop ups and slow down. Some bugs here and there-a weird light on the right hand side in the first tunnel on Grand Valley etc etc.
Is there no one click install? Waiting ages for each little install.
AI is still terrible.
Standard cars still look terrible (e.g no holes on Mugen S2000 00 exhausts)
Exhausts don't glow red hot, this should be especially noticeable at night
Replays are rubbish with an even more annoying menu
Shadows still not fixed
Too many Miatas
Too many rubbish Japanese cars
Not enough epic European Cars (Who does their European research?) (Fire him)
Menus still terrible
Chase cam rev counter etc rubbish (GT5 was better)
I don't know what the tyre indicator means (No explanation) What does 10 mean? What is the optimum colour? Orange?
The body roll that was implied would be there just isn't, it's basically the same as GT5
They have changed the engine sound of the McLaren MP4 12C (To more accurate?) Sounds worse
Where is the McLaren MP4 12C GT car, it won the most races of the GT3 championship in its début year. (Not good enough for your game PD?)
Menu views of car is not very good. Not inventive or inspired at all
Damage still rubbish
Need to go in and put traction control off all the time. There should be an option to turn it off for all cars with one click
Tuning menu is still crap
Not enough car personalisation (If PD are going to leave out for example the SLR 722 GT then at least give un an editor to make something similar. Lots of other examples, the MP4 12 C has a few other versions now but only one in the game
the graphics really aren't that much better, it's very flat looking especially on the first 2 HD TV's I tried it on (Samsung then Sony) My Panasonic is a bit less flat thankfully

It doesn't feel as rewarding to drive as GT5. I can't explain it, but when nailing a sequence of corners on a track like Suzuka on GT5 felt so good, on GT6 it feels messy even when I do nail it.

I'm a McLaren fan can't you tell lol. Don't know why I don't have an Xbox and the new Forza whatever number they are on. Think the last one I played was 3 and even that was better then GT6.

This game is worth about £15. Hopefully a lot of major updates are coming.

@JEMcG if you still have a 360, you should try FM4, it's better than FM3 in everyway minus a few track layouts and Porsche not being included as standard.

I think FM4 is the best console racer to date.

I don't have one. It was on someone elses 360 about 4 years ago. Would that have been FM2 or 3? I can't afford a 360 right now but I'm seriously thinking about it, they are probably pretty cheap now.

I don't have one. It was on someone elses 360 about 4 years ago. Would that have been FM2 or 3? I can't afford a 360 right now but I'm seriously thinking about it, they are probably pretty cheap now.
The 250GB ones are going for £160ish on Amazon (cheaper than buying a 4GB and a hard drive).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-250GB-Console-Wireless-Controller/dp/B00BM2LKZO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1386616624&sr=8-3&keywords=xbox 360

Pick one up, FM4 is easily the best racer this gen.

The 250GB ones are going for £160ish on Amazon (cheaper than buying a 4GB and a hard drive).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-250GB-Console-Wireless-Controller/dp/B00BM2LKZO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1386616624&sr=8-3&keywords=xbox 360
Pick one up, FM4 is easily the best racer this gen.

Damn that's still a bit too much for me at the moment but thanks for checking that out for me. Just spent £130 between xmas presents and my sisters birthday, then a new watch and then GT6. I'm selling some of my other watches to get me out of skint land lol.

Unhappy threads and posts popping all around GTplanet forums. I guess we are making some sense.
It took PD to screw up twice in a row for people to start seeing through the hype. In a way GT5 was disappointing for the exact same factors people are complaining about today, but 3 years ago you still had the "new" factor, even tough they ported a lot of stuff straight over from PS2.

Now it's just a bit too obvious because everyone has experienced PS3 already, and the fresh factor is lacking in GT6 because the game looks much the same graphically. People then start noticing much more that they basically spend 60 euros on a update containing many of the same flaws as it's predecessor, as they can't hide behind the graphics anymore...

It took PD to screw up twice in a row for people to start seeing through the hype. In a way GT5 was disappointing for the exact same factors people are complaining about today, but 3 years ago you still had the "new" factor, even tough they ported a lot of stuff straight over from PS2.

Now it's just a bit too obvious because everyone has experienced PS3 already, and the fresh factor is lacking in GT6 because the game looks much the same graphically. People then start noticing much more that they basically spend 60 euros on a update containing many of the same flaws as it's predecessor, as they can't hide behind the graphics anymore...

And with all that being said, will Kaz going to listen to us for a change? I very much doubt it.

And with all that being said, will Kaz going to listen to us for a change? I very much doubt it.
Indeed, fans and critics alike have been mentioning the negative points about the GT franchise for more than 10 years now, and instead of listening and improving those points they actually managed to make some of it worse :eek:

Unhappy threads and posts popping all around GTplanet forums. I guess we are making some sense.

True.

But, is it really a true representation?

I used to frequent a forum for a particular brand of car for many years. There was a particular model with a automated clutch that a lot of members owned. If you casually read through a lot of threads on this forum you would get the impression that this gearbox was terrible, and to be avoided at all costs. It became a constant topic. Even people that owned the pure manual version of the car dissuaded new comers that posted questions about this gearbox on the forum, based on previous posts.

One day somebody did a poll. Question posted was pure and simple, "if you are an owner of this box, are you completely happy with it?" There were hundreds and hundreds of responses over a 12 month period. The result? 95% were completely happy with it.

True.

But, is it really a true representation?

I used to frequent a forum for a particular brand of car for many years. There was a particular model with a automated clutch that a lot of members owned. If you casually read through a lot of threads on this forum you would get the impression that this gearbox was terrible, and to be avoided at all costs. It became a constant topic. Even people that owned the pure manual version of the car dissuaded new comers that posted questions about this gearbox on the forum, based on previous posts.

One day somebody did a poll. Question posted was pure and simple, "if you are an owner of this box, are you completely happy with it?" There were hundreds and hundreds of responses over a 12 month period. The result? 95% were completely happy with it.
Why not do a poll around here then? The question: "Are you completely happy with the game so far?"
I don't know how to do a poll accordingly here in the forum yet, so if someone feels like it, please do it.

It surely does, they aren't a big studio with lot's of manpower so patching up their current game takes up resources. Bet they are gonna spend 2014 updating GT6 with DLC and patches, which will then jeopardize development for GT7 in turn, if they still refuse to hire extra people or outsource.

Being pushed to release on next gen by Sony, I think they are just gonna port over all premiums we have now like they did from GT4 to 5, and rework a couple of tracks as these cannot be permitted to look PS3 anymore. In the end I think they will release a FM5 style game late 2014 (GT prologue anyone?) with not too much content, and I'm afraid not too much improvements neither as they simply won't have the time. Imagine if they port over the sounds also... :eek:

Anyway just looking in my glass ball here ;)

I wouldn't be suprised lol.

IMO the sad part is that we never really saw a finely polished, legitimately completed GT release on the entire lifespan of the PS3. Instead we had GT5 Prologue, which was an expensive tease and very short on content, but showed some promise for the future of GT on the PS3. Then came GT5 after an agonizingly long wait, and it ended up seeming like a complete rush job (despite the delays), and/or result of procrastination and terrible time/resource management....with many defficiencies and sub standard qualities on the whole - made worse by the fact that rather expensive DLC was deemed to be more important than actually finishing the game (i.e. upgrading standard cars). Finally, PS4 is released and GT6 is thrown on the market to likely counter Forza 5 and the new Xbox, and although different aspects have improved by varying degrees...sadly, it seems more like a large update/DLC to GT5 on the whole. And worst of all to me, having to grind away for hours on end just to obtain a few cars (just so I can enjoy the frickin game somewhat :rolleyes:) is utterly nauseating and makes me feel like I'm having to play GT5 all over again in many cases...just with improved physics, tire sounds, and 4% better graphics lol.

On a side note, I must say I had a lot of fun on GT5, but this was mainly because it was the best sim racing game for the PS3 console (which is not saying a whole lot) at the time, and I very much enjoyed racing with my friends in the GT community because of the casual/conveniency of GT5 vs. the PC sim racing games. So thanks for that PD :)

But at this rate it sure doesn't seem like PD have enough meaningful creativity and progression going for them to really grab ahold of the market as in the past though. Not to mention, the almost blatant disregard to inconsistencies in the game (sounds, graphic quality), and lack of basic features in many areas at the end of GT's life cycle on PS3 makes you wonder what the future holds for PD and the GT franchise. The progress PD is making seems to be stagnating, while becoming more snail like following each release.

Hopefully the power of PS4 will help them to create a more balanced game in terms of quality and completeness...although I won't keep my hopes up too high, after the rather dissapointing period of GT on PS3. I feel they need some better/more strict management at this point in time, with a much more powerful development crew to get things done in a more timely manner.

Last edited:
Isn't the option where we could fine tune the cars during the race (Brake Bias, ABS, Traction Control etc) disapeared? I could not find the setting for this setting on my DS3 configuration menu.

I'd like to see all tuning parts have a PP value, only hurts your wallet and not the PP when putting on certain upgraded parts. Would also like to see a gain of available PP if you turn up for an event using lesser tyres than the event limit, so if max available is Sports Soft and you choose to use Sports Hard you then get a drop in your PP figure meaning other upgrades could be added to reach the event max.

Just for laughs. Its reviews like this keeping it above a 80 on metacritic

The soundtrack is wonderful and the great adaptation of different musical styles demonstrates the love that has been put in this section. The ability to use our songs PlayStation 3 during a sensational game is added. The individual sound of the cars and noise influence of mechanical modifications is perfect.

93/10 (10/10 sound)

http://www.meristation.com/playstation-3/gran-turismo-6/analisis-juego/1534465?p=5

Sony's check is in the mail

Back