The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

Where is the car wishlist tread for gt7???
Head to the Suggestions thread for infinite wishes. Make sure to follow the genie guidelines though.

If you have a prediction(non-wish) of which cars you, logically, feel will be modelled for GT7, head to the GT7 Cars & tracks prediction thread. 👍

I know most of these things are unlikely to happen but i kinda hope to see some of them at least.

• Better "visual" customization's like being able to add body kit's, wings and such. Not necessary to the levels of NFS and Midnight Club depth but a bit more personalization to your cars would be nice to have.
  • Proper 360° Chase Camera rotation like in pretty much every other racing game. The closed beta for GT Sport had them before they were removed sadly.
  • Being able to change the FOV in the cockpit view.
  • A revamped GT/Simulation/Campaign mode, i quite hated how GT Mode races in GT Sport and Seasonal Events in GT6 felt. You always start all the way in the back with the leader nearly a lap ahead of you. You always have to overtake A.I's that feels like dead inside. I'm kinda hoping they will completely rework the structural.
  • Ability to customize the menu/racing soundtrack playlist like in GT5 and 6.
  • Online Time Trial leaderboard system outside of License Tests and Sport's Qualification.
  • Better Mechanical and Visual Damage system.
  • Return of Shuffle Racing
  • Revamped Penalty system
  • Ditching the leveling system. While GTS one's nowhere near as bad as GT5, i still think limiting the player from entering events or owning certain cars is a bad idea.
  • No 20 million Credit limits, why does it exists?
  • Speaking of which, they should make earning money in GT7 a lot easier and a lot less grindy & dull.
  • Being able to pick which server to race on in Sport races. If my PSN account is Middle Eastern/European and i moved down to New Zealand, i don't want to be forced to race on European server that will result in such high latency. Also, Dedicated servers for the open Lobbies please?

Oh and one more thing, No "online only" saving like in GT Sport.

I know most of these things are unlikely to happen but i kinda hope to see some of them at least.

• Better "visual" customization's like being able to add body kit's, wings and such. Not necessary to the levels of NFS and Midnight Club depth but a bit more personalization to your cars would be nice to have.
  • Proper 360° Chase Camera rotation like in pretty much every other racing game. The closed beta for GT Sport had them before they were removed sadly.
  • Being able to change the FOV in the cockpit view.
  • A revamped GT/Simulation/Campaign mode, i quite hated how GT Mode races in GT Sport and Seasonal Events in GT6 felt. You always start all the way in the back with the leader nearly a lap ahead of you. You always have to overtake A.I's that feels like dead inside. I'm kinda hoping they will completely rework the structural.
  • Ability to customize the menu/racing soundtrack playlist like in GT5 and 6.
  • Online Time Trial leaderboard system outside of License Tests and Sport's Qualification.
  • Better Mechanical and Visual Damage system.
  • Return of Shuffle Racing
  • Revamped Penalty system
  • Ditching the leveling system. While GTS one's nowhere near as bad as GT5, i still think limiting the player from entering events or owning certain cars is a bad idea.
  • No 20 million Credit limits, why does it exists?
  • Speaking of which, they should make earning money in GT7 a lot easier and a lot less grindy & dull.
  • Being able to pick which server to race on in Sport races. If my PSN account is Middle Eastern/European and i moved down to New Zealand, i don't want to be forced to race on European server that will result in such high latency. Also, Dedicated servers for the open Lobbies please?

Oh and one more thing, No "online only" saving like in GT Sport.
Great points! These are the first things they need to address.

If there is a Career Mode, I wish for the ability to select the class in Multi-class races.

I love the Super GT/GR.2 GT League events, but wish I had a choice to race in GR.3 for Cr.

Similar thing to the Historic races, those are definitely Multi-class. Beating a Beetle or Type II using a MINI or Renault 8 should pay out just as much as winning using the P330 in its class.

You shouldn't have to but pressing the N key on a plugged in keyboard enables full screen replays in GT Sport:

"2,000 years later..."

This good news came a little late for me, since, following my tradition, I stop playing the current game when a new one is announced.

But if next game PD insists on Letter Box effect - :yuck: - we already know that there are solutions. 👍

You shouldn't have to but pressing the N key on a plugged in keyboard enables full screen replays in GT Sport:
And that would be fine, if they told you about it, and gave you a keyboard to do it. :irked: Or at the very least told you about it, and let you map a key to the pad. :confused: Or even better, just give us full screen replays by default. :rolleyes:

If there is a Career Mode, I wish for the ability to select the class in Multi-class races.

I love the Super GT/GR.2 GT League events, but wish I had a choice to race in GR.3 for Cr.

Similar thing to the Historic races, those are definitely Multi-class. Beating a Beetle or Type II using a MINI or Renault 8 should pay out just as much as winning using the P330 in its class.
I recall that in GT2 and GT6, there were two Super GT events - one for GT300 and another for GT500. That said, I'd love for GT to formally integrate multi-class events, where the event isn't completed until you win with both classes, though you can complete the other segment(s) anytime you want after the first time around. So there could be an event that has both Gr.2 and Gr.3 like with Super GT, and another that has Gr.1 and Gr.3, like the WEC or the IMSA Sportscar Championship.

How did you do this? Is this some kind of glitch? Looks awesome, lol. We really need tight tracks in GT back.

Pop in aside, the environment details look really great much better than GT7 trailer ironically.

snc
Cockpit view without visible wheel close to window something like in acc (also qualification like in acc and suspension physics like in acc:))
would love to see this in GT7

Last edited:
Improve the matchmaking so players ranks don’t go up and down so much unnecessarily and don’t match A drivers with D.

I’d also suggest more online modes besides just “ranked” sport mode.
Why not some official team type sport mode?
Why not “dirty” sport mode special events?
Why not unrestricted car choice events?
Those are just a few ideas, but I would like to see more online modes than “serious sport” and “random lobby”
How about “pick your car full damage race with teams”. etc
Provide more than just dr and sr for rank.

My other wish list item would be don’t waste time on single player career modes with grinding that’s BOOIORRRRIIIIINNNGGG.

Hey, I just tried this and it doesn't work. It seems they removed it from public use and kept it only in debug mode like in your video (for keeping the framerate stable, I guess? *shrug*). All other functions work, though.

Tagging @Team THRT Drift since he brought it up in the other thread.

I want an actual live pit stop.

I find GT Sport's pit stop kind of uncomfortable because of it. Yes, the animations and those dynamic camera angles are perfect, but the problem is that your car basically goes to another dimension while pitting, you can't see anyone and no one can see you until a certain point when heading out of the pit area. In other words, when you pit in you simply watch a clip of your pit stop which is actually unrelated to the race itself, it's weird.

PD probably decided to make it that way because of the PS4 limitations to achieve constant 60fps on a race. Hopefully the PS5 will have the power to handle this.

Last edited:
I think most of people here have covered the majority of what i'm wishing for.

The major thing I would like - Coming from that I like to create liveries for my cars in GT Sport is that they need to remove the limitation or increase the amount of folders you can have as favourites.

GT Sport you're only allowed 10 folders but when you have a bunch of decals you want to group together, that 10 is used fairly quickly. Also we need to be able to sort the decal collection. Currently it's a PITA to scroll through the decal collection and it's in a jumbled mess

Probably that's because of nearly every car in the grid pitting. The closest seen in gameplay on video:

Even though Motegi is a short oval, it's still cool to see so many cars pitting and racing on track.

It's going to depend on pit bays, but I'm wanting to see double the amount of cars on track in Gran Turismo 7, than what are in GT SPORT.

Nurburgring 24H, Mount Panorama and Spa-Francorchamps, should, at the least, allow players to see 30 cars on track. 30 cars fit at Lago Maggiore GP.

Highly doubt you'll ever see anything like that in a GT game. They're too serious about cars. Just look at their idea of fun for GT5 Top Gear events.

I also don't think their collision physics model lends itself to that style of gameplay either.

What I would like most is the ability to create a custom grid, and allow the AI to use upgraded cars and liveries from my garage in said custom races.

also custom BOP would be nice as well.

This would allow me to add only the cars I want to appear in the event(say only Group C cars), make it easier to balance the field, and make it so I'm not racing against blank/generic cars during custom races if I choose not to.

Back