the "just plain ugly" car thread

I like the rear end of the Ferrari FF, but I really dislike the front. The headlights are too long and that grill is too wide, plus the chrome on the grill doesn't help.
used-2014-ferrari-ff-2drhatchback-8431-19750850-1-1024.jpg
That reminds me...

Too many vents, too many sharp angles
I mean, this basically sums up Lamborghini's design language.

I'd love to disagree, but recent modes' design language does make me sad. :(
I still love Roma though.

I mean, this basically sums up Lamborghini's design language.
I can't fully agree with that. I thought the Aventador and Huracan were fine on the amount of sharp angles and vents used. The Veneno is just overkill in comparison.

2004 Avelate Fifty Three. Based on a C5 Corvette, the styling was inspired by the C1 and was what Avelate Automotive believed the first generation Corvette might have evolved into. Plans for a limited production run of 100 cars (50 coupés and 50 convertibles) to celebrate the Corvette’s 50th Anniversary were not realized and just 2 were made.

d5c443c1e01c5e4be696815ffd3bdeb4f8b21ebf.jpg

552e04f806d7f4aac820398eab2b7248166e796c.jpg

c64c1b8c4f7a691895a24f257eae35fc7e3159a8.jpg

Wait that's real? I saw it the other day and figured it was a well made meme or something. :lol:

I'm probably gonna get blasted for these two opinions.
EB110 god is the design so ugly! it looks like a cheese grinder. It also looks kinda blockish. The new Centodieci takes the same route surprisingly.
bugatti-eb110-gt-wallpapers-6-5508d4a9a158d.jpg

While i wouldn't call the F50 ugly its front is not ugly but in a way weird like it doesn't fit the car IMO. Notably its headlights.
The rear of the F50 is definitely 👍.
F50-Feature.jpg

The new 2021 Bentayga facelift is okay at the front...but the rear is absolutely hideous. The Continental taillights do not work at all on the facelift. As much as we mocked when the Bentayga originally came out, it was more dull than ugly. It's like someone gouged out the old taillights and stuck these on.
2021-Bentley-Bentayga-2.jpg

2021-bentley-bentayga.jpg

Yes! It's flippin' real. I wish it wasn't, but this is the reality I have to live in.

Here's pictures of some normal 4-Series cars from the new gen BMW 3/4 Series thred.
Image-from-iOS.jpg

I thought the X7 was taking it too far, and someone would have gotten the memo that BMW's traditional kidney grille doesn't need the ability to inhale stop signs.

Last edited:
Yes! It's flippin' real. I wish it wasn't, but this is the reality I have to live in.

Here's pictures of some normal 4-Series cars from the new gen BMW 3/4 Series thred.
Image-from-iOS.jpg

Gave your post a like but not because of the pictures, I agree that the new kidney grille looks somewhat hideous on this, it's probably an aero thing for the engine but I'd have made a split arrangement or closed up the bottom part of the front panel which would make it look much nicer.

The new 2021 Bentayga facelift is okay at the front...but the rear is absolutely hideous. The Continental taillights do not work at all on the facelift. As much as we mocked when the Bentayga originally came out, it was more dull than ugly. It's like someone gouged out the old taillights and stuck these on.
2021-Bentley-Bentayga-2.jpg

2021-bentley-bentayga.jpg

I think it makes it appear more Bentley-like and less Touareg-like then it did before.

I think it makes it appear more Bentley-like and less Touareg-like then it did before.

Not going to argue that the pre-facelift Bentayga was dull and not very luxury like in terms of looks. Although the new tailgate shape reminds me of the first generation Audi Q7 with the cutouts going all the way to the edge of the rear. I just can't help but see reptile eyes (not that I hate reptiles or their eyes) with the new taillights. Just doesn't work with the overall shape of the Bentayga.
image2.JPG

The M4 production model and it's still hideous from the front. Thanks BMW, I hate it.
bmw.jpg
It's funny how you got ICE cars with big ugly grilles that it doesn't need and vents that are probably fake then you have electric cars with no grilles at all.

Also being ugly aside, where do you even stick the front license plate anyways? It would probably look even worse.

Back