The little things that make you LOVE GT SPORT.

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Crazybutt198, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Yay :D

2. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

I'm one of the very few who really likes the hand positions on the steering wheel.

Did you know why is it weird positioned? Because japanese people put their arms like that because they can avoid arm or finger breaking or worse.

3. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

I thought its origins were from rallying?

Either way, I like it as well :) this hand position is getting rarer nowadays

AgentBlackDog and TheNuvolari like this.
  4. tofuhero

tofuhero

Watching the Gr.1 race in the Nurburbring tour event, I noticed that the side light indicators, which in LMP1 races indicate placement, actually work and light up appropriately based on if you're 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. Maybe that's old news, but I was surprised they went to that detail.

5. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

They did this in GT6, seen many a seasonal where my TS030 hybrid has the side lights come up.

I'm pretty sure Forza does it too.

I'm sure its like a few lines of code.

6. 05XR8

05XR8

Doesn't the Supra(sold mine) have the position lights as well?

7. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor

Yes

8. Victoria H

Victoria H

Custom races. I mean, it's far from perfect, but I'm glad it exists. If it wasn't for this mode and livery editor, GT Sport would be pointless for me since I dont care for online racing and GT League races are rigged with unfair and rubberbanding AI;

Creating a beautiful livery, and after days of careful editing, taking it to scapes and also watching it on the replays;

Getting a nice car in the daily workout; even if it's a duplicate;

Driving the E30 in Nordschleife using cockpit view;

Beating the super OP M6s in Gr.3 races.

I also love the the manufacturer museums.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    perja55, sirjim73, Razamataz and 3 others like this.
  9. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Victoria is right... I'm doing something like 42km every day and maybe 150-200km on weekends and I'm 100% done on driving school gold, 99% on track experience and 97% on missions and about 95 trophies on League and occasional dab on Sport.

Obviously I have spent some time but at an avg 42km a day its not like the effort that went into GT6 etc.

They need to roll more content.

Knukel likes this.
  10. war_ops_84

war_ops_84

Winning races. It's the only thing I enjoy.

:D

AgentBlackDog and TwIsTeD_83 like this.
  11. philipPF

philipPF

Up ! I realise that as a side effect of enjoying this game, updates, and the community around it, I develop more interest about motorsport history (cf. potential Gr.C + Le mans additions in may update, which leads me to some very interesting wikipedia pages :) )

sirjim73 and DaigoD like this.
  12. GT Sport

GT Sport

This.

Sorry, but I really had to post that...

13. 05XR8

05XR8

Instrument panel info. Some cars show oil pressure movement on analog dials to keeping tabs on the odometer.

AgentBlackDog and ProjectF like this.
  14. philipPF

philipPF

How is it possible to have 33s penalty first ? :eek: :bowdown:

15. GT Sport

GT Sport

Got hit hard in the first corner and after the 10 secs it started giving me more and more. By the time I noticed it I started recording.

16. philipPF

philipPF

Hard !

17. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor

These barriers they have implemented on FIA events. The ones at Inter are definitely the nastiest.

AgentBlackDog and AlexLion like this.
  18. MisterOne77

MisterOne77

feelsbadman

19. 05XR8

05XR8

I've gotta mention the ambient sounds when doing a Time Trial. Bird tweets, drums in the background, voices heard over the loud speaker, "people" at the event talking.

Oh, also the sounds of the cars when watching replays. Sounds so good watching with one car on track.

20. Team THRT Drift

Team THRT Drift

The opening movie.

The little message on the bottom of the menu indicating if there is a server maintenance.

Friends' new activity and news on the bottom panel.

I love the minimalistic look.

21. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

There's also the big time effects that have been discussed here like the airliners landing on Blue Balls Bay? And those expansion joints banging on Tokyo or that odd low level drumming sound on Dragon Trail that has yet to be explained.

Its kind of funny as people complained about the sound in general in GT5/6 mainly engine so they hired that sound guy from Turn 10 and while I wouldnt put it all on him, there is a big difference so much so that FM7 sounds a bit sterile and people say that the engine sounds worse now?

Tables turned bro.

22. 05XR8

05XR8

I feel GT6 at Goodwood, was the best PD did with creating a festival atmosphere. People walking around, the track Marshall's and the overall design of that event. It's a bit spread out in this game.

About the Blue Oyster track, I was running a Custom Race and just couldn't believe the amount of people in the grandstands. Must be more than Indy, Daytona and Le Mans combined.

sirjim73, AgentBlackDog and ProjectF like this.
  23. Lord of Tranz

Lord of Tranz

Everything about the graphics is awesome and the main menu's are easily the best so far. Such a good looking game.

Beautiful cars that clearly had time and care spent on them.

Free updates are good too. The lack of microtransactions was pleasing to see. (Though now they added 20m cars, the grind is absurd still for collectors).

No effort was spared it seems to have made the best looking game I've ever played to date. This side of GT has vastly improved on all it's predecessors.

(But there'll be far more to add to that other thread with this one. This game is like a supermodel - Easily gorgeous, but so unsatisfying ;))

24. 05XR8

05XR8

The worn look of the headlight covers, on the R92CP.

Also the canopy latches have paint chips. Very cool detailing.

25. Adam Duffield

Adam Duffield

The new Amateur GR4 series, opponents are easy but when you bolt on a set of racing softs the cars are a joy to drive! So much so I tried out all of the GR4 car's I had in the garage, never done that with any of the other series

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  26. DC2_Evan

DC2_Evan

I hope that there is an update with Gr.4 endrous. Gr.4 is my favorite

perja55, AgentBlackDog, 05XR8 and 2 others like this.
  27. Adam Duffield

Adam Duffield

I second that, have GR.3 endurance races so no reason why they can't!

AgentBlackDog, Rinsky and DC2_Evan like this.
  28. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

I'm waiting for a Gr.4 Endurance Race in GT League too. I was happy to see the new Gr.4 event added in this update but it's just not challenging at all and way to easy. Hopefully we will get a more challenging endurance race in the future.

29. Razamataz

Razamataz

Love the Custom Race feature. Some times all you need is just a casual race against AI when Sport mode gets a little too intense.

IMO it’s almost perfect, just needs a few additional parameters that’s all. Like picking a more specific field of competitors such as Group C only cars for example.

AgentBlackDog and 05XR8 like this.
  30. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor

The bit on the back of the Nissan R92CP.
    DSC_0592.JPG

By todays standards, something that looks like a handrail protection tied together with zip ties wouldn't stand.