The little things that make you LOVE GT SPORT.

I'm one of the very few who really likes the hand positions on the steering wheel.

Did you know why is it weird positioned? Because japanese people put their arms like that because they can avoid arm or finger breaking or worse.
I thought its origins were from rallying?

Either way, I like it as well :) this hand position is getting rarer nowadays

They did this in GT6, seen many a seasonal where my TS030 hybrid has the side lights come up.

I'm pretty sure Forza does it too.

I'm sure its like a few lines of code.

Custom races. I mean, it's far from perfect, but I'm glad it exists. If it wasn't for this mode and livery editor, GT Sport would be pointless for me since I dont care for online racing and GT League races are rigged with unfair and rubberbanding AI;

Creating a beautiful livery, and after days of careful editing, taking it to scapes and also watching it on the replays;

Getting a nice car in the daily workout; even if it's a duplicate;

Driving the E30 in Nordschleife using cockpit view;

Beating the super OP M6s in Gr.3 races.

I also love the the manufacturer museums.

Last edited:
Victoria is right... I'm doing something like 42km every day and maybe 150-200km on weekends and I'm 100% done on driving school gold, 99% on track experience and 97% on missions and about 95 trophies on League and occasional dab on Sport.

Obviously I have spent some time but at an avg 42km a day its not like the effort that went into GT6 etc.

They need to roll more content.

Up ! I realise that as a side effect of enjoying this game, updates, and the community around it, I develop more interest about motorsport history (cf. potential Gr.C + Le mans additions in may update, which leads me to some very interesting wikipedia pages :) )

I've gotta mention the ambient sounds when doing a Time Trial. Bird tweets, drums in the background, voices heard over the loud speaker, "people" at the event talking.

There's also the big time effects that have been discussed here like the airliners landing on Blue Balls Bay? And those expansion joints banging on Tokyo or that odd low level drumming sound on Dragon Trail that has yet to be explained.

Its kind of funny as people complained about the sound in general in GT5/6 mainly engine so they hired that sound guy from Turn 10 and while I wouldnt put it all on him, there is a big difference so much so that FM7 sounds a bit sterile and people say that the engine sounds worse now?

Tables turned bro.

There's also the big time effects that have been discussed here like the airliners landing on Blue Balls Bay? And those expansion joints banging on Tokyo or that odd low level drumming sound on Dragon Trail that has yet to be explained.

Its kind of funny as people complained about the sound in general in GT5/6 mainly engine so they hired that sound guy from Turn 10 and while I wouldnt put it all on him, there is a big difference so much so that FM7 sounds a bit sterile and people say that the engine sounds worse now?

Tables turned bro.
I feel GT6 at Goodwood, was the best PD did with creating a festival atmosphere. People walking around, the track Marshall's and the overall design of that event. It's a bit spread out in this game.

About the Blue Oyster track, I was running a Custom Race and just couldn't believe the amount of people in the grandstands. Must be more than Indy, Daytona and Le Mans combined.

Everything about the graphics is awesome and the main menu's are easily the best so far. Such a good looking game.

Beautiful cars that clearly had time and care spent on them.

Free updates are good too. The lack of microtransactions was pleasing to see. (Though now they added 20m cars, the grind is absurd still for collectors).

No effort was spared it seems to have made the best looking game I've ever played to date. This side of GT has vastly improved on all it's predecessors.

(But there'll be far more to add to that other thread with this one. This game is like a supermodel - Easily gorgeous, but so unsatisfying ;))

Custom races. I mean, it's far from perfect, but I'm glad it exists. If it wasn't for this mode and livery editor, GT Sport would be pointless for me since I dont care for online racing and GT League races are rigged with unfair and rubberbanding AI;

Love the Custom Race feature. Some times all you need is just a casual race against AI when Sport mode gets a little too intense.

IMO it’s almost perfect, just needs a few additional parameters that’s all. Like picking a more specific field of competitors such as Group C only cars for example.

The bit on the back of the Nissan R92CP.
DSC_0592.JPG

By todays standards, something that looks like a handrail protection tied together with zip ties wouldn't stand.

Back