The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,854 comments
*a bit moot. Given how this story has been reported I took it that comment was referring to enforced racial segregation, which isn't happening.

The litmus test is always to reverse the colors. Let's say they created white-centric housing for students interested in caucasian matters affecting the caucasian community. What would you think?

You would think, as I would, that it was a way to skirt the rules and create a whites-only dorm. Applicants could be denied based on an assessment of whether or not they were truly interested in caucasian matters (whites, of course, would be automatically admitted having an assumed interest in such matters). If a non-white applicant pushed the issue and got through, they'd surely find themselves unwelcome in such an environment and would be encouraged to leave unless they truly adopted a submissive attitude regarding matters pertaining to race.

Right? That's what just about everyone would think. How long, exactly, do you think white housing for people interested in white matters would fly? That's about as much analysis as you need to support that cartoon's point.

The litmus test is always to reverse the colors. Let's say they created white-centric housing for students interested in caucasian matters affecting the caucasian community. What would you think?

I still wouldn't think it was enforced racial segregation, no - as I suspect the commenter Liquid referred to was implying (that's who I meant by "moot point", I didn't mean the cartoon), and which various outlets have falsely reported this story as. That's all I was getting at really.

weekend-at-hillarys-unfit-to-be-president.jpg

At least William Harrison had the good grace to become ill after being elected.

Latest Posts

Back