The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,855 comments
kirsten-powers-kirstenpowers-1d-for-those-upset-abt-my-comments-about-38307488.png

So that we don't derail the funny thread, and use the one provided, Le quote:

While racism happens everywhere, the phrase "white power" is pretty closely associated with the KKK in the US, which as you can imagine is something most normal people want nothing to do with. It's not so much white guilt as not wanting to use the same sort of rhetoric as, say the slogan of, or advertise in any way an extremist terrorist group with a history of racially motivated violence, murder, and brutality.

kinder-surprise-surprise-ei-kkk-racistisch-speeltje-375x270.jpg

Only offensive* in the USA, but according to the internet, Kindersurprise is now a racist, white supremacist organisation.

*eh...

So that we don't derail the funny thread, and use the one provided, Le quote:

kinder-surprise-surprise-ei-kkk-racistisch-speeltje-375x270.jpg

Only offensive* in the USA, but according to the internet, Kindersurprise is now a racist, white supremacist organisation.

*eh...

Just an honnest question, if we don't want the richard spencers in this world to represent a mainstream right wing opinion, why do we let the sjw's control the narrative on this one?

I.e. who here thinks Kinder is rascist? I sure don't

Who here thinks they made an understandable mistake? I did.

I can see how you can look over this flaw in design. I did at first, yet when you see it it's hard to unsee. So while I don't think there was intent I do think they did well to pull the batch.

There is no mistake. The world isn't the USA. Kinder eggs aren't available in the USA.

Didn't know that. Still doesn't change anything. Acting like the KKK is a group only known in the US and thus only impacting the US is ignorant imo. (I'm sorry don't know a word with a less bad conotation for what I mean)

Like I said I think this is an advertising mistake. But no one had the intent to make a rascist toy. Therefor kinder is not rascist imo, yet still made a mistake.

Why would it not being a US company matter?

There is no mistake. The world isn't the USA. Kinder eggs aren't available in the USA.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise#United_States

The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act prohibits confectionery products which contain a “non-nutritive object”, unless the non-nutritive object has functional value. Essentially, the Act bans "the sale of any candy that has embedded in it a toy or trinket".

In 1997, the staff of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) examined and issued a recall for some Kinder Surprise illegally brought into the US with foreign labels. The staff determined that the toys within the eggs had small parts. The staff presumed that Kinder Surprise, being a chocolate product, was intended for children of all ages, including those under three years of age. On this basis, the staff took the position that Kinder Surprise was in violation of the small parts regulation and should be banned from importation into the US.

Kinder Surprise eggs are legal in Canada and Mexico, but are illegal to import into the US. In January 2011, the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) threatened a Manitoba resident with a $300 (Canadian dollars) fine for carrying one egg across the US border into Minnesota. In June 2012, CBP held two Seattle men for two and a half hours after discovering six Kinder Surprise eggs in their car upon returning to the US from a trip to Vancouver. According to one of the men detained, a border guard quoted the potential fine as US $2,500 per egg.

In 2012, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) re-issued their import alert stating “The embedded non-nutritive objects in these confectionery products may pose a public health risk as the consumer may unknowingly choke on the object”.

Kinder Surprise bears warnings advising the consumer that the toy is "not suitable for children under three years, due to the presence of small parts", and that "adult supervision is recommended".

Since 2017, Kinder Joy eggs (where a toy is not encased in chocolate shell) are sold in the United States.
The Nestlé Magic Ball, a direct competitor of Kinder Surprise--being a chocolate "egg" with an embedded toy--was also removed from the marketplace in 1997 but was reissued in 2000 as the Wonder Ball with candy in place of the so-called "non-nutritive object".

The first thing that popped in my mind was seeing a fat kid devouring a Kinder egg whole. And thus eating the toy too.

:lol:

We actually do get them here, but I've heard they're not the exact same product (no clue what the differences are).

A Proper Family Re-Union (1865)

An old cartoon made for the dissolution of the Confederate States of America. It shows Jefferson Davis arriving in hell alongside Benedict Arnold, another man held as a great "traitor" to the United States.

JeffersonDavisBenedictArnoldTreasonCartoon1865.jpg

What is her actual plan? Just curious, ove rhere we have a party who claim ecorealism (implying other ideas aren't which is a lie) the people run with it and make arguments like the joke above about every other plan based soley on a party saying only their plan is realistic.

An other argument is that the economy can't pay for the transition. No worries the planet (something real) can wait the economy (a virtual reality) has dips... if people don't see how short sighted that is I don't even know how we'll ever fix problems.

We have that sort of logic spewers here too.

What party? Is it Groen-links? I haven't checked their climate policies but they do have some rather authoritarian ideas :embarrassed:

Last edited:
What is her actual plan?

Of course she has no actual plan. Those are issued to her by handlers.

An other argument is that the economy can't pay for the transition. No worries the planet (something real) can wait the economy (a virtual reality) has dips... if people don't see how short sighted that is I don't even know how we'll ever fix problems.

The planet is a long term problem and the economy is a short term problem. In the long term we are all dead. In the short term we need to fix our most immediate problems, needs and desires.

Of course she has no actual plan. Those are issued to her by handlers.

The planet is a long term problem and the economy is a short term problem. In the long term we are all dead. In the short term we need to fix our most immediate problems, needs and desires.

I don't agree that that seems to be the issue.
We don't need to save the economy currently. We do need to save our ecosystem, but we're not allowed to save it because it hurts the economy which means we're kot going to do anything.

I also don't agree the one is short term and the other long term. The effzvts are long term but handling in the short term will affect the issues that arise in thd long term.

Also I hate how an imaganary thing that's supposed to serve humanity is more important than humanity. Yet an other example of the unhealty place our economy has in our lives and how we will do anything to serve the economy. This to me is the pressing economic issue.

Latest Posts

Back