The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
Thank you!

Haha thanks, and yes, I've used the right stick for shifting.

This past week Sector 3 Studios launched for RaceRoom R.E. the DTM 1992 car pack, and here a comparison of graphics and sounds with one of its historical cars, the Mercedes 190E Evo II DTM , versus the Project CARS version.

The intake sound in pcars..... Ooooooooohh. Although I'm not sure if it should be sounding like that from the back of the car. Is it correct?

[QUOTE="GranTurismo guy, post: 10348809, member: 245783"]The intake sound in pcars..... Ooooooooohh. Although I'm not sure if it should be sounding like that from the back of the car. Is it correct?[/QUOTE]

It was making some very weird sounds in general in my opinion :ouch:

[QUOTE="GranTurismo guy, post: 10348809, member: 245783"]The intake sound in pcars..... Ooooooooohh. Although I'm not sure if it should be sounding like that from the back of the car. Is it correct?

It was making some very weird sounds in general in my opinion :ouch:[/QUOTE]
That gearbox whine needs to go for sure. The gear changes still sound funny as well, but for me the sample sounds plain sexy, I'm just unsure it sounds like that from the back of the car (I doubt it strongly)

Request to the awesome guys that make these videos: as someone who loves watching GT racing, I would like a video showcasing the TV onboard camera (the one between the seats) of the various race cars. It's a small but unique feature that no other mainstream racer has.

Would you dare to driving in one of the most difficult circuits in the world under a storm and with a car of 500hp? whether the answer is yes or no, discover it first in Project CARS! and when arriving Oculus Rift...

I'm hoping all of the "through a camera lens" effects can be disabled, on consoles in addition to PC. The water droplets, that obtrusive lens flare, the depth of field effect (blurred gauges), etc. Sure it's neat the first time, but drivers have eyes, not cameras on their face.

I'm hoping all of the "through a camera lens" effects can be disabled, on consoles in addition to PC. The water droplets, that obtrusive lens flare, the depth of field effect (blurred gauges), etc. Sure it's neat the first time, but drivers have eyes, not cameras on their face.
I believe that should be able to be done. You could turn off or Down The effects to zero in shift.

Would you dare to driving in one of the most difficult circuits in the world under a storm and with a car of 500hp? whether the answer is yes or no, discover it first in Project CARS! and when arriving Oculus Rift...

May i ask what driving aids you had on?

Looks way too easy to drive on the wet on all the Rain videos i saw so far, so i'm starting to think either rain is way easier then on GT6 (talking about online real grip and all) or some assists are on. The way curbs are attacked at over 200km/h, how the car out of airpins is steady sticked and the lack of substantia "under heavy rain control" makes you think expecially if you compare it to the real life video of drivers wrestling their cars even under light rain.

*not a criticizing driving skills! I'm a slow driver all that met me on the track know it! :embarrassed: *

BTW thanks for the many vids you take! We all envy you already playing :D

Every time I tried driving in the rain (in pCARS) it was very difficult but that was only a few times as I don't enjoy racing in the rain. I haven't found the time yet to drive the same car/track/build as the video, but I'm curious now to try myself seeing how well he drove.

It looked to me like a very conservative drive, obviously taking care due to the combination of car and conditions.

That said there have been a lot of videos I've seen (60fps in particular) where the sense of speed in my opinion was terrible. I hope that's just Internet trickery and not what's to expect

It looked to me like a very conservative drive, obviously taking care due to the combination of car and conditions.

That said there have been a lot of videos I've seen (60fps in particular) where the sense of speed in my opinion was terrible. I hope that's just Internet trickery and not what's to expect
Sense of speed in a sim is basically governed by FOV, motion blur and car/world/head movements (the "busy factor"). All of these are adjustable. In addition there is the optional helmet cam with tilting view, and there is optional and adjustable speed sensitive FOV. With all that it should hopefully be possible to adjust the "sense of speed" to taste.

Hey guys, after looking at recent videos like the above, I noticed the in-car camera isnt shaking because of speed anymore which imo looks unrealistic and boring. Is this a permament change or is it adjustable in the options? Basically, is there a way to make the camera shake like in the video below?

That word is probably the best part of PCARS.

I thinks adjustability is most definitely a good thing But, I think they should have a standard setting that sets things to what they would look like in real life under normal conditions. I say this because I have see so many videos where I have actually been very disappointed because things look so un-realistic and like VMac I have wondered if it was just due to the settings (Which in my opinion shouldn't even be there, but thats another story), some previous examples would be the rear view mirror shaking like it's going to fall off and the side view mirrors flopping like doggy ears. Also the recent video with the silly "through a camera lens" effects. Yes, it's nice that they can program so well, but that stuff looks ridiculous. Also, I was looking at a recent video and noticed that the Pagani Huayra still doesn't have the correct Spoiler/Wing animation, as the real car flaps the wings individually and that is not present in the video which is listed as one of the later builds.

I thinks adjustability is most definitely a good thing But, I think they should have a standard setting that sets things to what they would look like in real life under normal conditions. I say this because I have see so many videos where I have actually been very disappointed because things look so un-realistic and like VMac I have wondered if it was just due to the settings (Which in my opinion shouldn't even be there, but thats another story), some previous examples would be the rear view mirror shaking like it's going to fall off and the side view mirrors flopping like doggy ears. Also the recent video with the silly "through a camera lens" effects. Yes, it's nice that they can program so well, but that stuff looks ridiculous. Also, I was looking at a recent video and noticed that the Pagani Huayra still doesn't have the correct Spoiler/Wing animation, as the real car flaps the wings individually and that is not present in the video which is listed as one of the later builds.
I've been assured that the floppy side mirror issue is a replay issue, and that it doesn't appear that way in game. I have complete confidence that minor issues like the Huayra spoiler will be fixed.
The rest of it, as with most sims, is adjustable. One can't think of this in terms of Gran Turismo and Forza, sims have a dazzling array of adjustments and options and from what I can see, Project Cars is going to be the new King of the Hill in this regard. You'll have to spend some time getting a feel for the adjustments and find what you like and don't like. It's not likely we'll plug and play in an hour and be completely happy with how the game looks and feels for us. I've got 100 hours or so into Assetto Corsa and I'm still making adjustments to the look and feel of the game.

Back