The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
I'm a technoidiot so keep that in mind. Are all the videos here direct capture? Would it be possible to upload a 60fps, high quality video to a file sharing service so we could download directly and see the game in it's native quality? If so, can someone do that?;)

That's going to be a mahoosive file. A ten minute, 30fps 720p file at direct capture works out at 30gb. I can try and record a 1 min video, but at the minute the replays have a small issue.

Yeah raw capture files would be a huge but a nicely encoded H.264 file should also show it off in close to raw quality with a lot of compression file size wise. About 15-20Mbps H.264 should look good.

Youtube is H.264 but compressed to around 5Mbps.

Don't YouTube videos usually have a bitrate of 8Mbps @ 1080p? 5mbps would be 720p, as far as I know. Although it should be possible to go higher than that, that would require to render it in a higher resolution, though. (at least as far as I know) As far as uploading such a file goes, I can upload a replay in 1080p60 to my Dropbox if you want. It's going to take me a while though, since Germany is awful when it comes to upload speeds and living in a small town (I prefer to call it a village with ~20,000 inhabitants) makes it even worse. :lol: (I'm recording with Dxtory and the Lagarith Lossless codec, works great for me, files are a bit big but because I render those videos afterwards anyways (and also because I own a 3TB HDD just for videos, photos and music :D), it's not a real issue for me)
I'll get right to recording after posting this!

By the way, the video will be an onboard recording.

EDIT: :lol: I think I underestimated the file size. 19.2GB for a 6min32sec video. I think I might just render it @ 50mbps ... I think that should be enough for 1080p60. I'm no professional video editor though, I only do YouTube videos once in a while and that's about it, so my knowledge is pretty limited.

Last edited:
^ Which is obviously very WIP, actually the first take on improving the spray. Dunno where you got the link from, but the video was supposed to not leak outside of WMD. *sigh*

There is 8 videos, to bad i cant emded them. Also available in 60fps someone was asking for it, if i remember correctly.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_project_cars_nurburgring-15225_en.html
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you:tup:👍

I downloaded all of them and all I can say is Wow!!! Forget what you see on youtube it cannot do it justice. If you want to see what the game really looks like download one of these videos. I used a bittorrent for mine and it worked perfectly. Play it in the default player (I tried VLC at first and it didn't work well) and if you only want to download one, download PCars_Nurb_1. Gives you the sound and incredible graphics. Truly stunning:eek::eek::eek:

Check it.

Disclaimer: Not my work; just thought I'd share it :)

It's all good and great but please someone tell SMS they can't use the word "CACHETTE" at 1'41 of the video apearing as a car sponsor. Because literally means "little piece of poopoo". :)

That actually says Cachetto Performance Parts.

But since the Apollo is a road car, the livery will be replaced with some less race car looking liveries anyway (tuner style + factory colors). In fact, the main livery artist is working on the Apollo these days and will probably be finished tomorrow. :)

Welcome aboard!

boldstate-hype-train.png

Is this 60fps? (Not the vid, the game)

Nice looking vid tho, looks Forza ish to me which is a shame as I much prefer the GT look but still really looking forward I this!

Back