The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
After today the rest of the week is looking pretty good. With Summer winding down, think we might have seen the last of the really hot days for the time being.

Screenshot_2019-02-20 Quirindi weather forecast, Bureau of Meteorology Warnings rainfall.png

Would be nice to have some rain but that doesn't look likely anytime soon...

We've officially set a new record for the most snow in February and it's still coming down pretty good (possibly another 2-3 inches before it's done). The worst thing is we're supposed to get even more on Friday. :nervous:

I'm going to start saving up so I can rent a room from @TB when he moves to Hawaii. :lol:

They were calling for up to 4" of snow and ice today, starting early this morning. So far nothing more than a dusting of snow.

Big storm hitting here in Arizona right now. Lower deserts pretty much raining all day. Hail in west Phoenix, currently snowing in Scottsdale. Lots of snow up north, projections between 2-3 feet. Same storm is hitting the Vegas area too:

maxresdefault.jpg

Flagstaff AZ:

abbdf74e-8150-4dfb-9b0a-43faedd6f2e9-snow1070.JPG

Beautiful spring-like sunny weather.

Is the North becoming the South and vice versa weather-wise?

Here in North Alabama in the last 7 days we've received over 6 inches of rain. There is another 2-3 possible today with a round of severe thunderstorms on Saturday before we might finally see the sun again on Sunday.

The weather we have lately, considering it is still winter, is amazing. So warm, so sunny, so ......... not winter! :eek:

30 inches of snow already this month.
Another 6 is forecast
Winds of 40-50 mph.
Blizzard conditions likely.
I'm done.
I think it's time for Spring.
(Somewhere I hope)

Another blizzard warning. Fantastic! One inch of snow being pushed around by 50mph winds. :irked:

For the first time in about 10 days, the sun is out. Since February 15th we've had 11.23 inches of rain. It's now the wettest February on record here.

Last edited:
TB
Another blizzard warning. Fantastic! One inch of snow being pushed around by 50mph winds. :irked:

I got 3 inches and winds of 50 mph.
Roads closed.
No travel advised.

Weather here at the moment has been warmer than most of the UK's average summer days with next week possibly having the hottest February day on record beating the 19.7°C set in 1998. Welsh and Scottish records were already broken last week.

Weather here at the moment has been warmer than most of the UK's average summer days with next week possibly having the hottest February day on record beating the 19.7°C set in 1998. Welsh and Scottish records were already broken last week.
It's all a bit odd. Sunday consisted of a family bike ride, al fresco lunch and an afternoon on the beach... in February! I guess as long as we keep dumping plastic in the oceans and destroying the rainforests in search of a cheap burger, then we can look forward to more weather like this!

Comparison between today and during the Beast from the East last year...

article-6742087-10261738-404_308x425.jpg

Edit - It's official...

Last edited:
Comparison between today and during the Beast from the East last year...

article-6742087-10261738-404_308x425.jpg

I recognise that bridge! That's taken from King's College Bridge looking north. I guess the last few days would have been good for punting as you get the nice weather but nowhere near as many tourists as in the spring and summer.

Meanwhile, we just broke the 40 year old snowfall record for February. So help me if we break the total for the winter from '96-97 of 117"...

As February nears its end, it will start getting hotter and hotter in our homeland. This morning, it's just not that hot though.

Back