The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
Cold. Actually bloody cold, thanks to the wind today. :lol: No rain in sight though.

Screenshot_2019-07-13 Quirindi weather forecast, Bureau of Meteorology Warnings rainfall.png

weer.jpg

That's not warm enough. Overcast, no sun at all and temperatures way below the average of this time of year.

88F with a heat index of 99F, what should we do?

Work on the patio!

I am not smart. And also no longer hydrated. :crazy:

TB
88F with a heat index of 99F, what should we do?

Work on the patio!

I am not smart. And also no longer hydrated. :crazy:
I made that mistake when I helped my sister build a deck a few years ago. The end result was the worst case of heat stroke I ever had to deal with in my life.

92°F today. Going to be 90+ all week. The A/C will see plenty of use.

The good part is that we have entered the part of summer where I don't have to mow the lawn every week.

I made that mistake when I helped my sister build a deck a few years ago. The end result was the worst case of heat stroke I ever had to deal with in my life.
It very much isn't enjoyable. 👎

Thankfully a front moved through and cut some of the humidity so it's a lot better now. I was concerned with the clouds for a bit as I wanted to grill the Thai chicken but they blew through, too. Turning out to be a great evening. :D

It's not nice out, I even broke down and turned on my crappy wall AC unit. :yuck:

We're supposed to get some storms over night so hopefully that will get rid of some humidity.

I’m in North Carolina right now. It’s hot in most of the States.

By 10 am I feel like I’m back in the tobacco fields and all clothing soaked.

When dew points are over 70 degrees F, ya in trouble.

Its gonna be about 80°f here today, with it creeping up until we get to friday. For friday and Saturday we have highs of 97 and 95 respectively with humidity around 70%. Makes me glad to have the job I do now. That sorta heat sucks when you work outside or in a garage.

It is getting summer again.

weer.jpg

Mostly Cloudy is not correct though. It is very sunny at the moment.

With humidity, it is going to feel like 46C here on Friday and Saturday. Urgh.

EDIT: It got worse. Yes, this is Celcius. 47C = 116F
upload_2019-7-17_10-31-23.png

Last edited:
We got so much snow this past winter, it hasn't even completely melted yet.

Winter is that person that just won't leave.

As per the norm, the weather forecast was way off to the weather presentcast. We were projected to be at 97 today, we now have a high of 90, which is the current temp. The "feels like" temp is 104. Tomorrow is project to be 95. I am guessing 87. Time will tell.

@kikie new terminology has to start somewhere right?
So. Yesterday we did end up getting to 94°f. Todays high has dropped from 95 to....93! That's a relief....
Humidity is going to be higher today. And with this sort of heat and humidity down wind from a large body of water, random rain and thunderstorms are expected. Which will not cut the heat, and only add to the humidity.
Tomorrow, the heat goes away and we drop back down to the mid 70s with a slow climb back into the 80s by next weekend. Gotta love this yo-yo action.

Update: the temp today seems to have peaked at 91°. Holy crap the humidity is still climbing though.

Last edited:
weer.jpg

Temperature is correct except for the "Mostly sunny" part. There is no cloud to be seen in the sky.

It's getting warmer in the UK this week, London is due to hit 37° (98.6°F) on Thursday with potential peaks of 39° (102.2°F). Where I am it's supposed to be a bit lower at 36/37° but I'm now very close to buying a portable A/C unit.

Back