The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
weer.jpg

Always sunny! Temperature is kind of correct. It feels much hotter though, especially in the sun. The 37°C/40°C are shade temperatures.

It's quite hot today, tomorrow might be hottest day in UK and some other countries. :nervous:

Luckily it looks like it be a lot cooler on Friday and the weekend, normal service resumed of it being much cooler and pissing it down. :)

42°C in the sun today.
I can't bring myself to "like" this post - it's pretty crazy.

Holland, Belgium and Germany all saw new all-time high temperature records set today... and tomorrow the UK could follow suit. But even if it doesn't break the record of 38.5 deg C, it is still likely to smash the UK's July record of 36.7 deg C... and that will be the second monthly all-time temperature record set this year, as February 2019 has already seen the February record smashed by a scary 1.5 degrees.

2019 is still very much on course to be the hottest year on record globally, but the speed and scale of temperature increases across Europe are really quite disturbing.

I can't bring myself to "like" this post - it's pretty crazy.

Holland, Belgium and Germany all saw new all-time high temperature records set today... and tomorrow the UK could follow suit. But even if it doesn't break the record of 38.5 deg C, it is still likely to smash the UK's July record of 36.7 deg C... and that will be the second monthly all-time temperature record set this year, as February 2019 has already seen the February record smashed by a scary 1.5 degrees.
This is just a weather trend. The weather has trends as well. There is no such thing as climate change and global warming. :D

2019 is still very much on course to be the hottest year on record globally, but the speed and scale of temperature increases across Europe are really quite disturbing.
Indeed. I wonder what will happen to the world, climate in 20 odd years.

It's quite hot today, tomorrow might be hottest day in UK

I'm currently on a super busy train to London and even though it's only 8am the A/C is already struggling to keep up, luckily I don't need to use the tube today.

EDIT: Now on the way home and the train A/C can't keep up despite it only being 33°C/91.4°F outside. I dread to think what it will be like when it reaches 38/100 later this afternoon.

Last edited:
DSC_0804.JPG

Under the tree, on the north side of my shed. I think it will go over in about an hour.

Edit.

DSC_0805.JPG

It's over. For me the hottest I have ever seen here.

Last edited:
Official status: hot

I hate this weather. Anything above 30c I start sweating and can't get decent sleep. That thunderstorm night before last was a Godsend - stuck my legs out the door in the rain and watched the lightning.

It's already killed my PS4, can it stop short of killing me? Please? Send help.

It is 4:15 pm at the moment and it is 43.2°C in the sun.

I have decided to take my bicycle and go for a short ride (around 10 - 15 km/h). I like hot weather but I don't like the cold.

EDIT:

It is 5:45 pm and still almost 41°C in the shade. I love it. I really do.

Last edited:
Cambridge reached the highest temperature in the UK so far today at 38.1°C/100.5°F, and it's apparently only the 2nd time the UK has reached above 100°F. The air conditioned seats in the Ioniq were very much welcome earlier!

*Sigh*

A rainy morning had to spoil my plans for today. My only hope is that it gets sunny later in the afternoon.

There's tornadoes in my area so the local news is doing the common sense thing and encouraging people to send in videos! :banghead:

Also, if I don't post after this, I'm in Oz. :dopey:

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/uk-weat...mperature-hottest-britain-cambridge-thursday/

It looks like Cambridge could be in with a shot of holding the record for the hottest temperature ever recorded in the UK! When I reached home it had dropped to 37°C but it was fairly pleasant providing you didn't do any vigorous exercise. Indoors it was horrible but we have an A/C unit now so we can sleep in more reasonable temperatures.

As it happens yesterday it dropped to about 16° again so normal service was resumed :lol:

EDIT: In typical fashion it's now flooding in Manchester

flood-e1564402176259.jpg

Last edited:
Bit chilly out this morning. Actually used the heater in my car for a while :lol:

Screenshot_2019-07-30-06-49-10.png

It was a nice sunny day. Around 30°C. I'm making local rain at the moment. My water grass is thirsty.

Back