The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
I'm finding that Dutch weather is comparable to English weather.

I.e it's raining a lot.

Can't complain really, reminds me of home.

A preview of Summer today. Rest of the week looks like it's going to be nice. Though this is probably going to be the last of the cooler temps for a few months...

Screenshot_2019-10-07 Elders Weather.png

Finally getting some much needed rain here in North Alabama. Should be cleared out of here by this afternoon but much cooler temps are on the way after hitting 100 degrees F earlier this past week.

So apparently we have the makings of a multi-day snow event, possibly blizzard, starting Thursday even though the next three days will be in the mid 60's to 70's. Could be looking at 6-10 inches of snow and 30+ mph winds.

In February that's just another day. In October it's just plain mean.

TB
So apparently we have the makings of a multi-day snow event, possibly blizzard, starting Thursday even though the next three days will be in the mid 60's to 70's. Could be looking at 6-10 inches of snow and 30+ mph winds.

Luckily you enjoy removing snow from your driveway. :P

TB

Hopefully since the ground is still pretty warm, any snow that does accumulate should melt quickly.

It's also a good thing my mom finished planting her tulips before this storm hit :lol:

Hopefully since the ground is still pretty warm, any snow that does accumulate should melt quickly.
While that would be good, my concern with all the rain we've had recently is if this melts and saturates the ground even more then freezes, come spring there's nowhere for the snow to go and we have flooding.
It's also a good thing my mom finished planting her tulips before this storm hit :lol:
See, moms are smart and plan ahead. I'm more of an "oh, crap, it's snowing. I should have gotten gas for the blower yesterday" kind of guy.

TB
While that would be good, my concern with all the rain we've had recently is if this melts and saturates the ground even more then freezes, come spring there's nowhere for the snow to go and we have flooding.

I see quite a few medians and ditches with standing water in them (it hasn't rained since Sunday morning either), so even down here where flooding isn't usually a problem we may have to worry about that if we get another winter like the last one. :nervous:

Speaking of winter, it's supposed to rain starting Thursday all the way to Monday, it's also forecast to get into the 30's over the weekend which means a chance of seeing some snow. :yuck:

Speaking of winter, it's supposed to rain starting Thursday all the way to Monday, it's also forecast to get into the 30's over the weekend which means a chance of seeing some snow. :yuck:

Just a bit further south here looks like I will have all rain and then the dry slot will kick in and no rain no snow.
Just cold.

So how is that snow there @TB ?
Hope you got the blower going. :lol:
There's nothing to blow. A bit on the grass but nothing on the driveway or streets.

We'll see if this second round we're supposed to get produces anything.

While we are not having rain or snow, except some scattered rain yesterday/last night, we dropped from mid 70s yesterday morning to mid 50s with a low around freezing tonight. The wind is brutal too.

This morning was 67°F when I left for work. Temps have dropped throughout the day, going down to ~32°F tonight.

1 inch of rain and wind speeds of 50mph+ today. Lost power for the majority of the day and roads were blocked by fallen trees. Glad it wasn't like Halloween 2 years ago, where there was no power for a week.

Back