The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
The end of this week onwards is looking pretty crap again

jDgB4M.jpg

Last edited:
It didn't turn out such a beautiful day after all (weather wise). It rained a lot and very hard this afternoon and I was in it riding my bicycle. I actually enjoyed it.

Some extremely heavy rain in both Glasgow and Edinburgh today.

Here in Glasgow it has been mostly dry but with torrential downpours, while in Edinburgh there are several flash floods in the Old Town/city centre.

And to think, I went out earlier with my T-shirt and shades on because it was so sunny and warm, even though I could see the ominous black clouds were just minutes away...

Stockbridge/Old Town:

Comely Bank:

Princes St./City Centre:

Corstorphine:

P.S. These are all different areas of the city... 😐

Last edited:
Curious lack of afternoon thunderstorms in southwest Ohio lately. We should be getting some later this week but so far the high heat and high humidity has not led to the instability we typically expect. 2020 was also an unusually mild late spring/summer. Then again I'm not asking for another 2019 when we got wrecked by tornados.

Curious lack of afternoon thunderstorms in southwest Ohio lately. We should be getting some later this week but so far the high heat and high humidity has not led to the instability we typically expect. 2020 was also an unusually mild late spring/summer. Then again I'm not asking for another 2019 when we got wrecked by tornados.
It has been weird here, hasn't it? I live in southeast Indiana and work in Harrison, Ohio and know what you mean. I love thunderstorms, so it's been frustrating considering how hot and humid it's been.

No rain so far. It's pretty humid and warm. I don't like sweaty weather. I prefer to get wet from rain than sweat.

Last edited:
It rained yesterday, but the rain never made it to the ground because it was so hot and dry. Dry thunderstorms were something I'd never experienced before moving out west.
TB
View attachment 1067709

Air Quality Index map isn't awesome. We're at 182 which is "unhealthy".

our_airq_idx_h.jpg.jpg
I assume this is from the wildfires burning in Western Ontario? I have friends who live in Thunder Bay and they said the smoke is awful right now. Even my parents who live in the northern part of Michigan's lower peninsula said that the smoke cover is pretty bad. I can't imagine the smoke from California and Oregon is making it that far, but I know the Bootleg fire is something fierce so maybe.

Thankfully most of our smoke cover blew out of here yesterday with all the dry thunderstorms we had, but it's slowly rolling back in. The mountains were visible this morning, but it looks like they might be covered again by tomorrow.

I woke up to rain this morning (it is monsoon season, after all) and the world looked grim.
This afternoon is glorious with big puffy white clouds mottling the sky and a perfect blue backdrop.
I’ve spotted some darker rain clouds in the distance but I’m not worrying about them right now.

Not bad here, 72F with slight breeze. Overcast and a little hazy, possibly smoke from the fires out west which does reach here when they get bad enough.

Last edited:
The sun has been shining for a few days in the UK now and that can only mean it's time to move my desk back downstairs to avoid the oven that is my home office. Last year it reached a high of 34.5°C/94°F, this year so far it has only reached 32/89. Time will tell if my old record will be broken!

It is going to be another beautiful, not too warm, sunny summer's day. It is going to be around 25°C to 27°C in the shade.

If you want to learn some Dutch, try and figure out what everything (screenshot below) means. :lol:

1626859563725.jpeg

Does the rain feel warm? Must feel unpleasant walking outside, I wonder how indoors would feel with no AC...

In the UK, it goes cold to hot to cold again during the summer, no need to manipulate the weather here :lol:.
It is warm, walking outside is near impossible but there are people who don’t have a choice unfortunately. These are the moments where you realize that this area really isn’t suitable for humans to live.

Another one. Interesting.

Right now it is only 21°C but very humid. Me no likey, warm humid weather that is.

Back