The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
Figures, other than monsoon season we never get any rain. And then the moment I get a week off from work it does this. 😢

1640659000207.png

31°F here right now. My phone is also blowing up with weather alerts warning me there will be little to no snow accumulation today.

There is 1-2" of wet snow on the ground here from yesterday.

It's 70°F in northern Alabama now at 3:34am and within 48 hours we have a chance at a light dusting of snow or ice.
Well they actually got it right this time. There's about an inch of snow on the ground now with another 2 or so expected before morning. But it should be melted off by mid day or so. Still pretty to look at.

Very warm today. Rest of the week is looking real nice though. Hopefully we do end up getting some decent rain over the next couple of days.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 15-51-58 Quirindi Local Weather Forecast Elders Weather.png

It was almost 40F yesterday.

Then the rain turned to ice.

Then turned to snow.

Now there are 50mph winds.

The high today will be 12F, the windchill is below zero.

It's going to be miserable outside.

The kids have a two hour late start for school and I have a two and a half hour late start, so we have that going for us.

Much of the UK is expected to be hit by Storm Eunice tomorrow, with a rare 'Red Warning' for potentially life-threatening conditions, esp. in the SW of England and South Wales.

Where I live there's a 100% chance of snow for 4 hours tomorrow morning (!?), so tomorrow is going to be interesting to say the least.

Yesterday it was over 50°F here. Heavy rain all night and temps dropped to 28°F today, so everything is iced over. Snow expected today, but the exact amount in unknown.

Campus is closed, kids don't have school because of the blizzard.

20220218_063819.jpg

Looks like I get a vacation day back again. :P

I backed out of my garage this morning to go to work. As soon as the front tires were out of the garage, I slid the entire way down my driveway.

My day hasn't gotten any better since.

Got to love living in Indiana...

January: If I remember correctly, it was actually below 0 for a bit that morning. The wind chill making it feel -9 was a nice touch.
cold.PNGcold2.PNG

Today: It likely hit 100 at some point. The "feels like" was only a 118 degree difference from the day above. :lol:
hot.PNGhot2.PNG

bIyP4Ea.jpeg

Sorry, what...?

I don't remember ever seeing such a big difference in temperature between two days.

The forecast for my area has just been updated and there's potential for a new record of hottest day ever recorded in the UK to be set next week (40°C/104°F). This area already holds the current record from 2019 so we've got to maintain the title ;). Luckily I have my portable A/C so I can cool down the relevant rooms during the day.

The forecast for the day after pretty much sums up UK weather:

1657879388802.png

Last edited:
We are going to be around 100-106+°F for at least the next five days. As of yesterday, we have gone 36 days without 0.10" of rainfall.

My mum lives in Middlesbrough, which is about as far north as you can get in England, near enough.

They normally struggle to get much past 20C. This is the forecast for tomorrow...

Screenshot_20220718-195341_BBC Weather.jpg

Normal service is resumed on Wednesday 😂

A rare thunderstorm is hitting central Scotland right now, and according to the live Lightning Tracker Map, three strikes have come down just streets away from my Dad's place, and another has just hit the City Bypass, also near where my Dad lives. Meanwhile, here in Glasgow, it's raining but there's not been any lightning yet... Edinburgh is, by all accounts, getting pummelled right now.

Meanwhile we are getting nothing in Glasgow.

edit: Gah. One lousy distant crack of thunder and now it's clearing up here already. Boo.

Google Pout GIF

Last edited:
Back