The 'Your Stage' Thread - Latest Road Book Offers More Details

Pad support in Rally is excellent in all accounts, you should be fine.

Indeed, it's right up there with Forza in that regard, IMO. Feels very natural — as much as it can, any way!

Would like to know if this supports PSVR - dirt rally vr is very good

IIRC, that's up in the air right now: Codies has said the priority is to get the game out without it first, and will re-evaluate after. Same goes with a long-term DLC plan.

It goes to show that more sim racing developers should try and fine tune pad controls to make it bearable for those who do not have the money or space to dedicate a full set up.

Shhh, remember, you're not a real sim racer unless you've dropped four digits on a setup, complete with a crash helmet and suit for Authenticity™.

:P

I've had a love hate relationship with codemasters games in recent years. loved their racing games from TOCA right up to Grid, then it went a bit wrong for me, didn't buy Grid 2, never really gelled with autosport. I own all of the F1 games, they're good but from 2012 they sucked a bit but 2015 was a vast improvement. Not got 2016 yet but probably will.
But Dirt Rally has been amazing! I've never really gone for driving on loose stuff and I still suck at it but it's so addictive. I'm really looking forward to this game. I hope this means good things for Grid 3.

I was such a fan of Codemasters games from Colin McRae 1, Colin McRae 2, Micro Machines, then the first couple of Colin McRae Rally games for PS2, then it all went wrong for me. The focus on graffiti-style menu fonts, the Ken Block/Travis Pastrana 'wear-your-baseball-cap-backwards' type approach really lost me. I am something of a rallying purist, so anoraks, not backward facing baseball caps, are my thing. DiRT Rally for the PS4 was such a revelation. It reaffirmed my faith in Codemasters, and even using a controller, it's just a dynamite game. The fact they haven't needed to endlessly patch it with upgrades and content to a) fix errors and b) sell me content that should have been in the Day 1 release has simply endeared me to it even more.

I have high hopes for DiRT 4 so long as the simulation handling from DiRT Rally is retained, but the car and country list is expanded. Mitsubishi, Toyota and the 1997-1999 Impreza WRCs are a must. And they have to invest in making the driving experience for controller-using gamers equally as good as DiRT Rally.

Accuracy of pace notes will be crucial to the Your Stage feature. Good pace notes go beyond merely getting the corner severity right, they should also deliver proper cautions when the situation asks for it and the timing of the calls should be consistent across all stages. If they can nail the pace notes this has the potential to be a great feature that will extend the game's longevity.

Shhh, remember, you're not a real sim racer unless you've dropped four digits on a setup, complete with a crash helmet and suit for Authenticity™.

:P

I'm proof that it can be done on a shoestring budget. $150 for a used Fanatec CSR (2 years ago) + $50 for used CSP V1s (again, 2 years ago, and was very lucky to have gotten this amazing deal from a friend). Add to that less than $20 for a GIMX device, a bunch of free stuff and a $50 ab circle pro, all very crudely engineered by myself into a sim rig, and a laptop I got for free because it was stuffed, which I fixed for free, to run GIMX.

I know sim racing has a dark corner where dudes with tape measures compare their preciouses, but I'm proud as punch of my ghetto sim setup lol.

Edit: This is all in Aussie dollars, so half it for USD basically lol.

I was such a fan of Codemasters games from Colin McRae 1, Colin McRae 2, Micro Machines, then the first couple of Colin McRae Rally games for PS2, then it all went wrong for me. The focus on graffiti-style menu fonts, the Ken Block/Travis Pastrana 'wear-your-baseball-cap-backwards' type approach really lost me. I am something of a rallying purist, so anoraks, not backward facing baseball caps, are my thing. DiRT Rally for the PS4 was such a revelation. It reaffirmed my faith in Codemasters, and even using a controller, it's just a dynamite game. The fact they haven't needed to endlessly patch it with upgrades and content to a) fix errors and b) sell me content that should have been in the Day 1 release has simply endeared me to it even more.

I have high hopes for DiRT 4 so long as the simulation handling from DiRT Rally is retained, but the car and country list is expanded. Mitsubishi, Toyota and the 1997-1999 Impreza WRCs are a must. And they have to invest in making the driving experience for controller-using gamers equally as good as DiRT Rally.

I have to disagree with codemasters games not needing patching, most of the F1 games on console have all needed fixing in some way (mainly wheel support). 2012 was the only PS3 generation F1 game that let you have the correct steering lock, we were just stuck with 270 degrees on all the others. Their approach to game support was pretty much hit and run - Launch game, fix some gaping errors then abandon ship and move to the next. They do seem to have changed that recently though.

Never been a fan of any Codemasters driving games, but tried DiRT Rally out all the same & didn't like it either. Haven't fired it up since that one time I bought it, but should give it another go really. As for the track creation tool; as long as it has a width option that can be set to narrow like real life stages, I guiess I'd be happy enough.

VBR
Never been a fan of any Codemasters driving games, but tried DiRT Rally out all the same & didn't like it either. Haven't fired it up since that one time I bought it, but should give it another go really. As for the track creation tool; as long as it has a width option that can be set to narrow like real life stages, I guiess I'd be happy enough.

Width options aren't there afaik. Stages can be created but use widths from specific locations.

Who else is trading in DiRT Rally for this?
images

My wife preordered Dirt4 for my birthday and I am looking forward a lot to this game. YourStage does seem to add a lot of value to Dirt4. 2 extra WRX tracks (Lohéac and Montalegre), improved physics, improved replay system and a new lightening system surely have gotten me very excited!

Last edited:
I have to disagree with codemasters games not needing patching, most of the F1 games on console have all needed fixing in some way (mainly wheel support). 2012 was the only PS3 generation F1 game that let you have the correct steering lock, we were just stuck with 270 degrees on all the others. Their approach to game support was pretty much hit and run - Launch game, fix some gaping errors then abandon ship and move to the next. They do seem to have changed that recently though.

They were specifically referring to Dirt Rally on PS4 not needing patching which is true. The F1 games are full of bugs and despite plenty of patches they are never all fixed.

I'm keeping it, because that's what I do. Always a bit of fun to go back over certain stages when the mood strikes.
Same. There will be cars and stages that wont carry over into Dirt 4. Way I look at it, Dirt 4 is an extension to Dirt Rally and I'll continue to play both.

Does anyone if I create a stage on PS4, if I can share it with PC owners and see their times on it? Sorry if answered before :S

Back