Things in GT6 you want "fixed". (Please read bold first)

• Thread starter FRoSTeD
  • 756 comments
In online room setup screen when selecting a race category (e.g. Gt300, GT3 etc) it is then not possible to limit cars by other criteria.

PD needs to expand categories and enable selection of all upgrades that can or can not be used per category and car.
I mean power parts, suspension in addition to what is already available. What we have now is almost useless.

Played online a few minutes ago.

14 Players in room and on track, solo-qualifying. At the start of the race only the first four places were shown. -
All of the cars started anywhere on the finishing line, no one was in his usual starting position, some cars are placed crossways and other cars are invisible.

Oh, and my PS3 crashes very often (at least once a day) when I try to do a Free run from the garage.
It doesn't happen with every car, but when I do it with the TVR Cerbera it freezes the system everytime as well as with the Nismo GTR and some other cars.

So I hope they don't break my PS3.... :S

Seems like it gets worse with every update.

Last edited:
While there are improvements in GT6, there are also some shortcomings.

I'd like this thread to stay on the topic of things that are in the game that you feel are either bugged, glitched, broken, changed in a negative way from a previous game, etc. with the hopes that Polyphony Digital will recognize some of the issues and resolve them.

This is NOT for the obvious things that have been stated a million times (I want more premiums, a livery editor, better car sounds, etc.). This is NOT a whining/wish list.

Before you post an issue, I strongly encourage you to read the following list. It contains many of the largest issues I've personally encountered while playing along with some additions from the community that I feel also need recognized.

(WIP)These issues are color coded for ease of understanding as follows:

Red - Critical problems
Blue - Major problems
Green - Minor problems
Black - fixed or needs testing

I will add issues onto this list as I continue playing the game.
(Hopefully not too many more :irked: Edit: There are many more issues than what I was hoping for.) While this is more of a personal list, if a user posts an issue that is quite bothersome, I may add it to the list. If an issue on this list is fixed in an update, I will cross it out.
  1. Cannot copy vehicle settings from one tab to another.
  2. Power limiter and ballast do not update the PP/HP figures in real time while adjusting making it time consuming and difficult to judge amount needed. Fixed v1.03
  3. Tire screech on comfort tires is horrendous. This has either been fixed to some extent or I'm just getting used to it.
  4. Cannot remove wings from some cars e.g. Supra RZ/Lotus Carlton. (No reason you shouldn't be able to.)
  5. There is automatic traction control, regardless of grip settings, in areas off the course, making it impossible to drift some of the best sections in the game. (The whole drift community is waiting, PD.)
  6. Power curve graph is somehow worse than in GT5. (How do you expect us to tune accurately PD?)
  7. "Reset to default" option seems to be gone from adjustable parts e.g. transmission, suspension, aero, LSD, etc.
  8. The RA function for adjusting vehicle aids during a race is gone, why? (Edit: Seems to be enabled for DFGT wheels only). Reintroduced, but is not fully functional.
  9. Cannot, from what I can tell, disable specific tracks from the in-game soundtrack (Like in GT5). Individual audio track options are under the gallery function.
  10. Using your real name online should be optional (it kinda is, you can put a fake name, regardless the option should still be there). Your PSN username is now used online as of v1.02.
  11. Auto replay after race is annoying.
  12. There's no shuffle racing... wow
  13. The top speed value no longer changes when adjusting final gear (like in GT5).
  14. Nitrous doesn't give relative power increase value. What does "x"% nitrous add to the HP/TQ?. (It's probably a percentage of overall power. Why not just give us shot values instead?)
  15. The dog clutch transmission doesn't seem to work with H-Pattern shifters. (Edit: It seems that some vehicles with dog clutch transmissions are compatible with an H-Pattern, but others are not. It seems random.)
  16. Karts cannot be used on tracks that have weather making some of the best tracks for karting unusable.
  17. Having to hit the "cancel entry" every time you leave track to edit your tune/change car/change settings is tedious.
  18. While looking at car stats in an online lobby, it does not tell you what rev. your max HP/TQ is at. This issue compounded by the terrible transmission editor and terrible power curve graph.
  19. The "Next" option while doing license tests is gone. Bring it back. (Would also be useful for Goodwood/events with same regulations)
  20. Cannot re-size the map.
  21. You can apparently use any word for your first/last name. I've seen some interesting names online. Fixed v1.02
  22. Cannot customize on screen HUD to the same extent as in GT5 e.g. remove time from HUD. (Would like even more options as well, movable time/map/gauges/etc.)
  23. You can no longer see to what extent a lobby is restricted anymore. No PP value, no HP limit, no tire restriction, only the highlight where it indicates it has been restricted.
  24. Having to change driver aids after every event is very tedious. (There should be a global default option menu.)
  25. Driving aids shouldn't be forced on, like SRF with Goodwood events/license tests. Also, the decision to leave SRF as an "option" for seasonal events is pointless. If you do not use SRF you wont be as fast as somebody that does. Considering it's an unrealistic aid and that GT is supposed to be a "simulator", it should be disabled.
  26. E-brake now has some input delay. (Whether or not this is intentional I do not know.)
  27. There are very noticeable dips in performance, frame rate needs to be improved, especially for cockpit view. Drift lobbies are typically very laggy, often suffering from non-stop screen tearing due to the smoke.
  28. Lobby music still has it's own playlist. (You still cannot edit it. Same thing in GT5, this is extremely frustrating. I only want to hear MY music, and the only time I don't want to hear my music is when I'm on track.)
  29. Light dispersion, both headlight and tail lights, is quite poor for AI cars. Online is quite poor as well.
  30. There's no online/friends leaderboards for A-Spec events/mission races/coffee break challenges/one make/Goodwood/Lunar Rover. (Why not make all A-Spec events a type of playlist online as well?
  31. We still cannot do vehicle maintenance online. (This makes no sense considering we can do just about everything to a car online.)
  32. Cannot filter online lobbies by other useful parameters like other driver aids/tire restriction/pp limit/hp limit/weight limit/NASCAR/gt300/gt500/rally/stock/karts/one make/drag etc, etc, etc. SHUFFLE (IF WE HAD IT) There should also be a "race type" option for each of these, or at the very least rally/drag/kart, instead of only having "race for fun, race for real, drift and free run."
  33. Driving line seems to randomly turn on while online. (Seems to be due to changing some settings on your car) Fixed
  34. Frame rate stutters when somebody enters course or enters the pit.
  35. FFB response for wheel users disappears for a second when somebody enters course/pit. (Might be caused by #34.)
  36. Tires/wheels can glitch at slow speeds, looking like they're spinning or burning out.
  37. Cannot see what track others have voted for while you're deciding.
  38. Unlike in single player, during online lobbies, if you have on different tires/aids than what the host designated, it does NOT switch them automatically for you.
  39. Some variations of Silverstone a few tracks do not produce tire smoke.
  40. Players get removed from track even if the host looks at the settings without changing them, or changes a setting that does not affect the physics (number of laps for instance). Edit: May have been fixed, need to test.
  41. PP system seems more arbitrary now. Aerodynamic changes do not affect the PP value, and adding/decreasing weight only slightly affects it. Tires/suspension/drivetrain/nos still don't affect the value.
  42. While solo qualifying, the blindside indicator still registers the other opponents. Headlights and tail lights of other players are also viewable. The draft may also be in effect during solo qualifying, need to test.
  43. The clutch for wheel users is still terrible.
  44. The stockyard seems to be bugged, which can result in deleted cars.
  45. Considering you can use paint chips infinitely, it would be useful to know which paint chips you've already obtained, while buying a car.
  46. It's much more difficult going through your garage of cars and tuning them. Now you need to go through about 5 menus and must switch to a car before you tune it.
  47. NOS indicator continuously and erratically flashes after the first button press. Fixed.
  48. Replay view options for roof forward/reverse do not work while spectating live, or while watching a replay. Fixed.
  49. Cars that have been de-winged still produce a shadow as if they still have a wing.
  50. Your best time is no longer saved into track history during a free run. (Like in GT5.)
  51. Give us an option for standing/rolling start in every mode.
  52. The credit payout curve is indeed terrible. It seems like credit payouts have been altered in some way to make microtransactions more appealing. :yuck: Fixed with reintroduction of login bonuses in v1.02
  53. There are no sign in bonuses anymore. Fixed.
  54. PP values for opponents is not shown in arcade or a-spec.
  55. Oil change and engine rebuild options no longer tell you how much power you gain.
  56. During a replay, live or saved, it still shows what song is currently playing even if you have music disabled. There is an option to disable this in replay menu.
  57. Smoke seems to be more dense and lingers longer than in GT5 even with low HP/TQ cars. Tires also smoke much more quickly and with much less wheel spin than what seems realistic.
  58. Saved replays do not work in some cases, freezing the system.
  59. Player names are now forced on at all times during a replay.
  60. Rewind function during a replay does not seem to work properly. Seems to have been fixed.
  61. Can no longer use L1 and R1 with a DS3 to navigate menus if you have a wheel plugged in. Fixed v1.03
  62. Cannot see current time while tuning, making it difficult to judge how much time is left if automatic race start is on and you're in the tuning menu. (Give us the clock back in the menus and home screen.)
  63. Cannot see how many servers are available after refreshing the list.
  64. Custom wheels can change tire width which also affects grip compared to stock wheels. (PD, give us a tire width option, please... and offset 👍) May have been fixed, need to test.
  65. Some cars have buggy textures with paint, such as the S14 or AE86.
  66. Tuning pages seem to affect each other, messing up parts/settings. Sometimes settings can be altered even if the player hasn't changed anything themselves.
  67. Motion blur is gone? (I think) Give us an option for it instead of completely removing it.
  68. Sometimes during a qualifier you start in reverse, already moving, or not moving at all.
  69. Let us drive whatever vehicle we want on whatever track we want e.g. cars on kart space (like GT5), and karts on tracks with weather.
  70. Your fastest replay for license tests is not saved automatically. (It should be considering everyone elses is.)
  71. The transmission editor can be quite laggy while online.
  72. No abs is almost impossible on comfort tires with moderately powerful cars. (My brakes lock up at half throw on almost every car, regardless of brake upgrade or brake bias strength.)
  73. Still no rear view option for hood view.
  74. There is a significant change in physics after getting the 2nd tire set in the pits. (ty Fong74) May have been fixed, need to test.
  75. No option for metric units for temperature.
  76. Considering IRL rally cars use whatever wheels they desire, why can't we?
  77. This has been mentioned a million times but this is absolutely necessary if you're going to have a single player portion to a game: FIX THE AI. And if this isn't fixed for GT6, it 100% NEEDS TO BE for GT7. They are stupid, slow and predictable, making the single player boring, uneventful and just about pointless.
  78. Online vehicle restrictions are a joke. Let us choose ANY car(s) from the game to restrict the lobby to, then let us tick a box that says tuning allowed or not. (Just give us the whole list of cars, and a tick box next to it, so we can properly restrict a lobby to 1 make, 3 make, old muscle only, civics only, subies and evos only, etc etc etc. Let US choose the EXACT cars we want in our lobbies.)
  79. No minimum values for lobby restrictions. Let us choose both the maximum and minimum for PP, HP, and weight. All of this ALONG with what I posted in #78.
  80. Unlike our cars, we cannot delete paint chips we do not want. (A tick box to "include paint chip" while buying a car would help as well. So would an option to "favorite" paint chips. Alternatively, alongside paint chips, a hex color code editor would be nice, just saying :sly:)
  81. Remove the credit cap.
  82. We can't break in our cars anymore? Considering all cars we buy are new and start at 0 miles/km, taking this out makes absolutely no sense. And changing the oil on a new car gives it a performance boost of 10-30hp? Reverse what you've done here PD.
  83. The photo travel locations from GT5 are gone. WHY?
  84. Still no option to adjust front aero even if an aero kit is installed on the front.
  85. Opponents in single player can sometimes break race regulations, and many are often not even within the same vehicle class.
  86. There's still no individual audio options for things like tire squeal, engine, exhaust, drive-train whine, turbo, etc. (Tire squeal can be especially loud compared to everything else on some cars)
  87. Cannot set tire wear/fuel consumption/mechanical or visual damage or penalties for test drive, single race, time trial, drift trial or 2 player split screen. In addition to this, you can only set "Weather" in increments of 25% and weather changeability between the values of 1-10 in these events compared to increments of 10% and values between 1-60, respectively, for online lobbies.
  88. Cannot sort vehicles by distance driven anymore.
  89. The "favorite" for dealership and course in the stats page should be categorized differently. (The course I drive the most isn't necessarily my favorite, nor is the dealership I buy the most cars from my favorite. Also a total list of tracks by distance driven would be very nice.)
  90. While previewing aero parts, custom parts stay on the vehicle preview even if you select "standard".
  91. Telemetry data visualizer during a replay is gone.
  92. Cannot easily compare settings on different tabs compared to GT5.
  93. It would be nice to see a list of fastest lap/top speed/average speed by each person in race results.
  94. Your car slides slowly, even if parked, if it is on a slight incline.
  95. Surface water and to a lesser extent "Weather" seem to incorrectly affect the tire physics, making it feel more grippy, especially around 1-35% surface water. (This is most noticeable while trying to drift CH tires. It feels like traction control)
  96. Wheel users are locked at roughly 540˚ while on dirt or snow tracks. (Hidden degrees of rotation option for G25/27 does not work either.)
  97. I have run across a connectivity issue many times where people cannot see each other on track.
  98. The tuning sliders are either too slow or too fast, making it difficult to get to the desired value.
  99. Transmission editor sucks, e.g. the indicator lines on the slider are gone.
  100. Your cars length, width and height in the car settings menu are incorrectly displayed as "in." when it should be "mm." (Also the inconsistency between the types of units used makes no sense to me. In the garage menu, LWH, distance driven as well as torque are displayed correctly in imperial but then everything else is in metric. An option to choose unit type for car information would be nice, PD.)
  101. "Total Driving Time" incorrectly records how much time you've spent driving. (My stat was increased by three hours after racing for less than one. Maybe this is affected by time progression value?)
  102. Ride height's influence on handling characteristics seems to be backwards. May have been fixed, need to test.
  103. There's still no official drag racing mode. (This makes no sense considering the popularity and prevalence of it online.)
  104. Split times are very, very buggy.
  105. There is still a glitchy/laggy animation when somebody enters a corner at 90˚ or more while drifting.
  106. Still cannot remove "wrong way" flashing symbol. (The desire to have an option to remove this comes mostly from the drift community as you very often don't go simply in one direction.)
  107. Any amount of camber seems to either be pointless or negatively affects lap times.
  108. Cannot save replays after the host changes track/settings, also cannot save replay unless somebody has finished the race. (In GT5, you could leave the race and still have the option to save it regardless of anyone finishing or not.)
  109. The selection of "borrowable cars" for spec racing online is pitiful. (Just give us all cars as an option.)
  110. Sometimes when the host changes settings, you freeze.
  111. On rare occasions, the host can be stuck at the start of a race, unable to move.
  112. Update v1.03 doesn't allow the use of X2014 Red Bull Juniors online anymore.
  113. There should be an option for a more detailed description of the room rules/goals that are easily viewable after somebody joins a lobby. This would make it easier for the host to make everyone aware of the small details instead of having to repeat rules, spoken or in text, every time a new player enters the room.
  114. Qualifying seems to be bugged in some way, often the field seems scrambled even if lobby is set to fastest first.
  115. 0 ABS affects braking differently depending on game mode, as here.
  116. While tuning your vehicle to match lobby restrictions, PP/HP/Weight are not highlighted in red if you are above regulation, requiring you to frequently check regulations.
  117. There's no endurance races. (While I personally do not care for these, I can see the desire to have them).
  118. Cannot set HP limit in increments of 1hp, making exact desired values impossible.
  119. There should be an option to disable the "profanity" filter. I would put this as a "minor" problem if the censor wasn't so blatantly broken.
  120. The steering wheel in cockpit view still does not realistically turn past 180˚. Also an option to remove the steering wheel is still greatly desired among wheel users.

As hopeful as I am that Polyphony Digital will patch existing issues, I fear they do not take community feedback as importantly into their considerations when creating or patching their games. If anyone knows a way to contact them, or knows a way that a list of issues may be brought to their attention, it would be greatly appreciated.

Opinions (There is some whining here):

I miss some of the old community features, uploading pictures, uploading custom courses, (obviously we couldn't do that yet anyway) message board, friends stats/cars, car sharing, etc. I have a strong feeling however that some of these features will be returning in a future update.

I also have a strong dislike towards auto viewer after buying a vehicle (I know it's tradition) and the "completing work" after vehicle maintenance. I simply would like an option to skip those animations. I wont put that on my list because I know PD would never remove them and it's more of a wish than anything.

It makes NO sense to me when game developers take out fully functional, working, useful, sometimes critical elements of a game from a sequel. This absolutely infuriates me. I realize PD are under deadlines/stretched thin, but come on. Some of these things are elementary to the genre. How can I efficiently tune my my car when I can't tell the values? What am I supposed to do, eyeball it?

The more I play, the more I keep thinking to myself that this was a rushed game. But then I remember that PD have had at least 3 years to work on it, to iron out the kinks still remaining from GT5, and it surprises me exactly how many of the little things didn't make it over from GT5. It just makes no sense to me. Sure there's a new UI, a few more tracks, new premium cars and new physics, but that still leaves so much to be desired. As I posted in another thread:

"I feel if Polyphony Digital don't do the things other racing franchises have been doing since the PS2 days, GT will start to lose it's relevance as the PS4 generation grows. I have the utmost respect for the things that GT does well, physics, car and track models, but that's honestly in my opinion about where it ends. While these are the things that keep me playing GT, it's difficult for me to overlook all the things that would make GT a better game."

@FRoSTeD:

74. There is a significant change in physics after getting the 2nd tire set in the pits. (ty Fong74) May have been fixed, need to test.

Unfortunately its still there! We found out that the severe lag that occurs when cars are pitting happens exactly in that moment when tyres are changed. May be coincidance, may be related to each other....

That one(s) prevents us from launching serious cups/series/leagues with GT6, so I feel it is the worst bug in GT6 for core racers and ppl who want to use GT6 as a "real driving simulator".

Would really appreciate you marking that one in red. Thx a lot!

@FRoSTeD - This is a great thread, please keep up the good work! 👍

I hope PD are viewing it, & taking action behind the scenes. I guess we'll find out to what extent, if any, from GT6 game updates during the coming months.

When the Network is offline and I click on Online-Lobby or Seasonal events the game freezes.
You will have to quit via the PS-Menu, sometimes the system restarts with the 3x tone.

Last edited:
VBR
@FRoSTeD - This is a great thread, please keep up the good work! 👍

I hope PD are viewing it, & taking action behind the scenes. I guess we'll find out to what extent, if any, from GT6 game updates during the coming months.

I hope PD is taking action now, But the way they are doing this is all stuff up from day one it has been one problem after another with update to fix that update and that update to fix that update and when will it ever end and you would think they get it right the first time.

I agree on most of the things the thread starter mentioned; though; some of them hasn`t occured to me...

The worst thing (by far) for me is that some cars get awfully miscoloured through a race. (Career mode) Ugly looking miscolored areas on the sides and around the shirms occurs. This is horrible; as I like to watch replays from outside...

I was doing the supercar in my Jaguar XKR Performance `02 on Le Sarthe in the darkness, the car ugly miscoloured, but in a hole in the clouds the star constellation of Orion was shining perfectly and beautifully...But my car looked ugly...

Moreover; it seems to me that graphics are a step back from GT5...

Also on replays from outside, the cars move jerky...They could do this in GT5 also, but GT6 is worse...

And it`s very annoying with the auto-replay after each race...I`d like to decide myself if I want to see a replay or not...

Oh and the ridiculous easyness of the career mode is a scandal...We paid for this; was looking forward to it, we wanted to race against the (improved) AI...But in stead AI got even dumber than in GT5...

I`m doing International B career now, and winning "630pp" with 550pp easily...And 560pp with 420pp...It seems that PD concider the target group for this game to be children around 8-10 years. - Do they know that most GT gamers are more than 30 yo??? And if they really are targeting 8-10 yo children; it doesn`t make sense either, because children on that age do not care so much for perfect star constellations; they would be happy off with a Donald Duck car...

Some of the "mission races" however, is quite challenging..I still only have silver on the novice mission with that Nissan GT-R on Silverstone...That mission would match International A carrer...
It seems they really don`t know how to match things together... They should hire a retired race driver for the developer team...

Good thread, yes...But hoping that PD has an eye on this thread is false hope...PD is more than anything else a promotor of Japanese automotive industry....And Japanese automotive industry want the stars on the night sky to be perfect above their cars...

Last edited:
Biggest two for me:

It'd also be nice for either the Time Trials/etc in Arcade add "miles" to my cars OR there would be a "top ten" times in the test drive section which does add miles. I like to add miles as an "owner" of these cars. :D

And the awful transmission choices. I mean this as in older cars, most noticeable on American Muscle cars, the only options add 5 and 6 spd transmissions. Give us at least a choice to only change the rear end gearing as most of these cars even when raced in real life just don't realistically have this option. We also don't see 5 and 6 spd transmissions swapped into vintage race cars of today. This is such a basic thing and yet I never see any mention of it here ort in GT5. I get that many GT fans are too young to notice but some of us old guys definitely do. Well, I do at least. lol.

Oh and please do something about the awful constant squealing of the "Race" tires!!!

Something massive has come up for me, during an online lobby, that I was hosting, I could not use the start button. So I decide to come into the pits to see if I could leave the track from there. I hit ok on the tire selection, after reading the tire selection as "Pulldown". The gamescreen went green, and I was forced out of the lobby, and into some fake/broken arcade race menu, where the track could not be changed, hitting quicksettings would restart the screen, hitting start would do nothing, and hitting exit bringing me back to the Online lobby menu. I use a PS3 Slim, but this makes online impossible for me.

PD has to fix almost everything so they can make GT6 payers happy but they are not doing that right now.
PD should completely RE-MAKE the entire disc, and ship it NO CHARGE to everyone who purchased this mess. 🤬

Edit:
But we all know, that will NEVER happen. :mad:

They need to add the glossies and the new suspension to GT5 and also move all the new couirses over to GT5. Then that would considered as fixed

74) Yes, either physics change or the overall wear is cut to 30% or something of a fresh set at the start of a race.

2 of the 24 minute races I either ran out of gas or shredded my tires preventing me to finish with fuel/tires.

Everytime I play online these days the connection to the servers gets lost. After this it says "Network offline"
I have to restart the PS3 to play online again.

Make GT6 ,more like GT5 except for keeping the slight eye candy improvement, the suspension, new courses that was added.

They could have easilly added these to GT5 as DLC and I would have happily bought it. Instead of putting it out as GT6

I just want to second Wanlangpot's point about giving the karts access to all the paved tracks, at least in dry mode, maybe some rain tires would be nice, but racing tires would be great too.

Why are getting so much german words censored in the chat? You can't write there because nearly EVERY sentence you type will be *************
"nicht" for example is called "not" in english and it will be censored or "strasse" engl; "street"
"bitte" - "please" "Ich" - "I"

This is really annoying

Last edited:
Why are getting so much german words censored in the chat? You can't write there because nearly EVERY sentence you type will be *************
"nicht" for example is called "not" in english and it will be censored or "strasse" engl; "street"

This is really annoying

I have the same Problem ...its crazy because ar normally words...

p.s. maybe is the 'ss' in Strasse

Has anyone already mentioned the main problems with online racing, e.g. cars becoming slower by a few seconds on a lap after pit stops?!

Last night we had a race on Daytona and after a few laps parts of the texture started to disappear leaving an empty white space lol

Also, in the qualifying session (individual) we could see break lights of other cars (ghost like).

Last edited:
@FRoSTeD There are some cars that are never eligible for a "tuning prohibited" room, the list seems to grow with each update:

BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11
Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98 (down force added to car in v1.03 caused intelligibility)
Starting in v1.04, Any Mitsubishi Evo with AYC (a new Evo is eligible until you expand the drivetrain area in the tuning menu)

Edit: it looks like the BMW and Diablo have been fixed at some point and are allowed in tuning prohibited rooms now. Its only the Evo's with AYC that have an issue

Last edited:
Back