Things in GT6 you want "fixed". (Please read bold first)

• Thread starter FRoSTeD
  • 756 comments
I'd be happy if I just had my preorder credits, right now. The income curve is horrendous, but it's made that much more painful when you have a million credits that won't show up.
That happened to me but i did not get all of the car's in the livery

I've been searching but haven't been able to find anything.

Is there a way to enter the pits and only add fuel and not change the tires? Maybe I'm missing it, but I would like to fill up the tank and not take on new tires. It's helpful for testing tires for durability and longevity. Maybe I'm the only person that wants this, but I thought in past GT's you could decline new tires when pitting.

Also, please have the odometer show miles (not km) for those of us that use the imperial system for measurement. I'm ultimately forced to calculate distance in miles in my head from the odo showing km. Wish they would change this. Seems contradictory to have the speed show MPH and the odo register km.

I'd love to see some pictures...

Here's some pictures relating to the Field of View issue within the the Ruf's. I just bought a CTR2 this weekend and the FOV is just where it should be or close at least!!! Why in the world are the Yellowbird and BTR messed up?

Image 1 shows GT6 view with Standard view set (aka Chin on steering wheel):

14543410395_5e432656c5_b.jpg

Image 2 shows GT5 View Standard:

14356836638_fc47fe4705_b.jpg

Image 3 shows GT5 View "Narrow" or Zoomed 1 level within in game options (see the similarities?):

14541899554_45e7a51be3_h.jpg

I didn't take any pictures but it seems the Oreca Viper GTS-R is the same way, it's "zoomed" in comparison.

It really doesn't seem there's been a standard across all "Standard" vehicles for Field of View in the cockpit view.

So far from the standard cars I do have (not a large selection) the FOV seems to be very inconsistent.

I don't like the so called FOV settings neither.
Anyway, I like Mount Panorama aka Bathurst a lot but right now it's really bugged like hell (at least online).
Every time (reproduceable) I join the track online, may it at someone elses lobby or my own (with voicechat or without it) it takes max 3 races when sound begins to stutter, by the way - voicechat begins to crackle upon joining a lobby or switching to the track every time.
Shortly after, PS3 freezes completely.
Sometimes I can hit the PS button to leave the game, more often I have to cold restart the whole PS3 system.
And I've talked to severel buddys who have similar issues.
What's wrong there and why isn't it fixed after half a year since launch!?
I remember, right after launch the track was buggy as well (no car sounds, bad framerate etc.) - I hope they'll get it fixed soon for everyone to enjoy it online without any issues, aside from the already known issues all over the game.

Well that doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever. Thanks for posting the images.

I observed something weird as well. I was "parked" on a course without driving. There were some tree shadows across my car. I literally watched the shadow pattern "drift" across from left to right. The sun wasn't changing, at the very least it wasn't moving fast. The position of the shadows was static for 5 minutes, but you could see movement that reminded of antialiasing of slow moving, distant objects. Looked like the shadow pattern kept getting re-rendered live while its matrix was moving, although the sun wasn't moving that fast across the sky. I am convinced that a shadow map that constantly refreshes itself while shifting its own pixels in a scrolling fashion is likely going to use more cpu than a static shadow map that only re-renders when the sun actually changes position. Now, I haven't done anything high-tech with regard to raytracing and shadow mapping in recent years, but the general concept I am familiar with, and I believe that the rendering engines in GT6 have been re-written to accommodate game features that PD simply will never implement, therefore they are comprised of code that could be leaner and faster, using less memory and processing resources. Why did they reinvent the wheel? The adaptive tessellation is also a waste, because the aliasing and motion blur routines make the close-up detail unnecessary, unless you're in photo mode, where simulation is nil and processing is therefore light.

Syn,

I understand what you are saying since I've worked with 3DS Max and manage a Render Farm that does Mental Ray. But I'm not familiar how video games handle real time rendering so that always perplexed me...I'm wondering if the engine does real time rendering based on tessellation (since that was a big feature of the game compared to GT6...hence pushing the hardware as far as it can go). I noticed this too....go to a replay and right at the beginning of the race where it shows the front of the car, pause it...you will see the re-rendering of shadows for the cars. I think this is due to the game engine. Also noticed during pausing of a replay the interior of some cars get re-rendered...watch the edges during a replay of a "Practice Run

I've got something they can fix, and should have from go. How about having consistent failure conditions from one setup to the next.

Goodwood alone is enough to prove it. Some cars can juuuuuust touch the grass with their inside tires and be disqualified (R18), whereas some have to be completely off to get it, and then some cars can bounce off the walls with no penalty (Kaz's Racer), but others are disqualified if you so much as disturb the loose hay (X2010, which I don't care for anyway but F this!). Worst part is that it's been this way for ever now, how hard can it be to fix?

Haha, it's July, weren't they supposed to have released GT7 on the PS4 by now? With so much junk going on in the GT6 updates, I don't think they'll have a working GT7 until 2018...

Um... what do you mean "at the limit" and what does the video have to do with it?
With a lot of cars when you reach the limit all you get is understeer.
The video shows what is the car balance of a F1 car.Very different than Formula GT and Red Bulls.

I wanna these things;
• from track menue to be able to do like change oil etc, b'coz, every time I'm in a lobby and need like change the oil, I've to exit my room and go al the way back to do
Things like change oil, repair my
Car etc. it would be great if they put this"shortcut"to In game options.
• I was drivig today Spa, 24min's with i thing Peugeot la man Car, and After the OuRouge, THE straight, and THE Teo chikanes Right-Left, so, on a Second chikane i rolled over with my Peugeot!!!!hello, Laman car is rolling over?!?! Impossible!!
Fix the car rolling!!
• 430 Scuderia have terrible sound!! Stock is let's say"acceptable"but tuned one it sound like my microwave!

I don't know if all of you know this already, but the telemetry reader, or data logger is there now after a race, just check it out after you do a race session. In version 1.09.

Not sure where the best place to put this, but the Lotus Elise 111R's speedometer in cockpit mode reads Km/h, not MPH like it should.

This extends on the point #76 made about rally wheels and the lack of customization for them.

For those into rallying (such as myself) the addition of modeled Dirt/Snow tyres that are set to cars by default on rally courses is, in my opinion, a huge backwards step from GT5. Even though GT5's rally wheels weren't realistic renditions, they matched many of the rally cars perfectly well. It's really annoying to have white rally wheels on a Subaru rally car, when traditionally, they are gold... How did the developers not realize this? It's painfully obvious, and lets the game down a lot... :banghead:. The Subaru's aren't the only ones to suffer this torture. Other cars include the Lancia Stratos Rally Car '77 (yellow wheels) and the Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74 (Black wheels... but wait... that car was modeled after its Safari spec? So the correct wheels were on the car already! Why did they have to change!?

To deal with this problem, players should be given access to a selection of dirt and snow wheels to customize, while enabling them to change the wheel colour if they wish.

When changing the wheels on a car, two new subcategories should be made, titled 'Dirt Wheels' and 'Snow Wheels' respectively.

Despite the fact that rally spec cars are usually limited when it comes to customizable parts, PD should make an exception with this feature. I should be able to change the wheel color on my Subaru rally car to gold, no problem. If you were insane enough, you might find yourself adding bright pink rally wheels on a hardcore Group B rally machine :lol:

In addition to customizable wheels, the previous dirt/snow wheel models from GT5 should return to the cars they were once part of. That would be incredibly useful, and would give me a massive frustration reduction....

This issue is a little more complicated than it sounds, but to ensure your sanity levels are kept stable, I will cease my rant here.. unless PD themselves come out of nowhere and request my assistance with this really annoying, yet easily fixable game issue.

I know everyone is whining about this but, MORE CARS AND CUSTOMISATION. I get that they've added a few more cars now (build v1.11) and added the option to paint your brake calipers and add a racing number. But there's just not enough. And going back to GT5, we need to be able to 'race modify' cars, all of them. That's my whining and rambling done...:gtplanet:

Search engine for lobby rooms, which would work with the words from the room title.

I usually spend 15 minutes to search for a room, with what i want that night...

Just noticed a small glitch, but I'm not sure where I should mention it, or where it might even reach the developers (small chance I know).

So I noticed the Red Bull events "win ratio glitch" is fixed (which even caused me to restart the whole game now that it is fixed), but now the issue is with online races. They'll add up to one's total of races, but won't add to total wins when one wins such online races.

Small glitch, maybe not that important to most, but in my opinion, this is very basic and PD, a gigantic developer, should not even be committing such goofy mistakes. All of this even relates to racing regulations, and the tracking of statistics on drivers' careers. Primary elements, indeed. They should be aware of this if they claim to know the sport, and not forget to make their product work with such stats and tracking them accordingly.

Just noticed a small glitch, but I'm not sure where I should mention it, or where it might even reach the developers (small chance I know).

So I noticed the Red Bull events "win ratio glitch" is fixed (which even caused me to restart the whole game now that it is fixed), but now the issue is with online races. They'll add up to one's total of races, but won't add to total wins when one wins such online races.

Small glitch, maybe not that important to most, but in my opinion, this is very basic and PD, a gigantic developer, should not even be committing such goofy mistakes. All of this even relates to racing regulations, and the tracking of statistics on drivers' careers. Primary elements, indeed. They should be aware of this if they claim to know the sport, and not forget to make their product work with such stats and tracking them accordingly.
Yeah, sure, but don't forget if you are missing that, you should be complaining more about not having a proper community either, where people could look each other's stats up and view pics of one another, etc. There aren't any race seasons modes where you can earn points doing multiple races, that all has to be created manually by us players.

As far as I'm concerned, it's just a driving simulator with some arcade features and a sucky multiplayer mode. Still, I can't live without it.

Yeah, sure, but don't forget if you are missing that, you should be complaining more about not having a proper community either, where people could look each other's stats up and view pics of one another, etc. There aren't any race seasons modes where you can earn points doing multiple races, that all has to be created manually by us players.

As far as I'm concerned, it's just a driving simulator with some arcade features and a sucky multiplayer mode. Still, I can't live without it.

No, I'm not missing on the fact that the community features are not there. I do miss them. Not being able to have a friends list in-game like GT5 makes GT6 feel empty to me, and looking and comparing stats was all part of it too. But, that said, I've given up hope that the community features will be there in GT6.

The thing that I pointed out, is in the game and should be fixed. It's just a primary element, one that PD should not have missed. It's pretty basic.

As far as I'm concerned, even though GT6 brought some stuff I've been wanting for so long in a GT game (like the Senna content), I'm ready to quit the series if Project Cars delivers. Meaning, GT7 onwards, I'd not follow it anymore. But that will be quite hard to happen. I don't know any other racing games which the replays are nice to watch. That's only GT. I might keep following GT, if only for the eye-candy replays, but it did disappoint us all.

I feel very duped and disappointed with the promised versus delivered content and features as well, but my track record shows too well that no matter how much I whine and complain and threaten to not buy the next one, I always do. You'll likely see me years from now complaining about the STILL missing livery editor in GT10...

*sigh* the TT events are getting more unfriendly these days.....I wish they make the SRF setting OPTIONAL like before.

I'd be happy if they just fixed that one glitch/bug where you can't see any lobbies when going into open lobby. it has happened waaay too many times. At first it only stayed for 1 day, now i have to wait weeks before the rooms appear again... playing in single player (especially with AI like this) can get very boring. I mean i still have fun buying, customizing and testing new cars, but i want to play online too.

*sigh* the TT events are getting more unfriendly these days.....I wish they make the SRF setting OPTIONAL like before.
Is that why I don't like them...? I totally forgot the forced SRF they had in GT5, I guess I suppressed the memory of it...

Syn,

I understand what you are saying since I've worked with 3DS Max and manage a Render Farm that does Mental Ray. But I'm not familiar how video games handle real time rendering so that always perplexed me...I'm wondering if the engine does real time rendering based on tessellation (since that was a big feature of the game compared to GT6...hence pushing the hardware as far as it can go). I noticed this too....go to a replay and right at the beginning of the race where it shows the front of the car, pause it...you will see the re-rendering of shadows for the cars. I think this is due to the game engine. Also noticed during pausing of a replay the interior of some cars get re-rendered...watch the edges during a replay of a "Practice Run
I have pondered this a lot...

I noticed the weirdest thing: A shadow of an object outside the track was visible, the camera panned, the object slid out of view and then its shadow just vanished. I suspect that GT6 renders a local shadow map for static objects every few frames, then gaussian blurs it, then threshold contrast is applied, which results in the blobby, rounded shadows, but the overlay matrix isn't fixed, therefore the objects' shadows re-alias all the time, resulting in "moving" shadows even with fixed time of day and camera. It's a pretty cool way to make a dynamic shadow map in contrast to raytraced shadows, which I always found a huge waste of render time when shadows can just as easily be mapped and rendered nicely, unless of course you deal with too many dynamic objects casting shadows on the environment and each other. But the main drawback is the "window" of the entire environment that it creates the local map for. In very rare instances the map doesn't include shadows cast into the field of view by objects outside the FOV. Most times it's fine, and almost never does it glitch like I describe. But the main problem remains: flickering, intermittent, undetailed shadows that distract more than anything. At certain times of day on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, when you approach the first hairpin before the Karussel called Klostertal, the entire hillside blinks light and dark until you have to hit the brakes. Sometimes I am so distracted by the flickering embankment that I miss the brake point and slide into the wall.

Have I ranted enough about how absolutely unacceptable wet conditions look? Or how horrifically inadequate night time lights are rendered? And don't get me started again about wet conditions at night...

I'm beginning to think that shutting down the GT5 servers was a really bad move... I for one wish I could still go back and play the old game online...

Update 1.12 ruined the online portion of GT6. The sound is broken, cars freeze in place at the start line, replays from online may freeze the game. The next update needs to fix this, I don't care if we get a new vision car, just fix the game that is out now.

Back