Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
  • 386,161 views
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TUNE TYRE PRESSURES!!!! The most basic principle of motor racing!!!!!!!

And to be able to drive all the tracks that appeared on the gt5 prologue weather reports!!!!
 
I hope car-tuning is better than in gt4. In gt4 you were only able to change rims and spoilers. I don't want something like Midnight Club of course, but what about sponsorships? Look at Ken Block. He didn't buy a Monster energy / DC subaru. He is getting sponsored. I hope sponsorships are in GT5. And the more races you win, the more money you will earn from your sponsors. I also hope you don't have to win each race. I do more like some races that are harder to win and tactics are very important than races you have to win, which are also very easy and boring. Endurance events and finishing 2 laps before the second car were very boring in GT4. :indiff:
 
It would be nice to have go-karts with the great physics of GT5 :)

First, so many professional drivers started their career in go-karts, it is fun and a good school

Second, for most of us mere mortals it would be the opportunity to compare the game with the real world, anyone can rent a kart and go on a track for very little money and give it a try.


EDIT: oh, and traffic tickets from this guy :p
http://i39.tinypic.com/2posard.png
 
Last edited:
I hope car-tuning is better than in gt4. In gt4 you were only able to change rims and spoilers. I don't want something like Midnight Club of course, but what about sponsorships? Look at Ken Block. He didn't buy a Monster energy / DC subaru. He is getting sponsored. I hope sponsorships are in GT5. And the more races you win, the more money you will earn from your sponsors.

I think it would have to be fake ones otherwise it would just be more money to use names.



Also, you have Minis for go-karts! Lol. Just kidding. Those things ARE so much fun though.
 
Last edited:
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TUNE TYRE PRESSURES!!!! The most basic principle of motor racing!!!!!!!

And to be able to drive all the tracks that appeared on the gt5 prologue weather reports!!!!

I never understood why this was never implemented before.
It would be great if there would be tire deformation physics also.
 
a race editor that uses google maps/world or something and you could make a track in your home town. i know it's impossible but it'd still be cool.
 
Well, there's so many post but I'm not sure if someone mentioned this.

Perhaps, a real-time online race meet. Where people can join a game which is constantly running, to test their cars and settings. That'll be cool, it'll really be more dynamic and alive. Just hoping that the people actually playing online will be of good mannered as well though.

I sometimes hear of the 'childishness' of people online... ruining the experience of the enthusist.
 
I want more compitability with the G25, i want the h shift to be as realistic as posibly. Nout just, cluth and gear but just like driving a real car :P

Killing the engine, and cluth driving for example etc.
 
I'm not sure if I understood your post, but you can drive with the clutch.
 
I would love if the races in the series were spaced out just enough for me to do double (or Triple) duty. Its highly unlikely looking at it realistically, but how sweet would that be to win the Super GT Championship one day, then win the Le Mans Series championship the next day?
 
Jay
I'm not sure if I understood your post, but you can drive with the clutch.

He meant that if the clutch was in, then it would sit around 1000 rpms and not 0. Also riding the clutch and wearing it down faster.
 
Also, a brake that isn't an on/off switch when ABS isn't on. that is the only reason why I left the ABS on in GT5P..
 
2010_ford_fiesta_hot_chicks.jpg
 
I think tracks that resemble real roads instead of race circuits would be nice but an "open world" just does not fit with what GT is.

I don't know... GT's main mode has always consisted of a city that you navigated as a menu. I think it'd be cool if it were an OPTION to drive around in that city. Go sightseeing. Might be going too far with this, but maybe be able to get out of the car and take pictures of it anywhere in the drivable area.

It's not like open world automatically equates to simplistic, NFS-style games. This would be just a part of the whole of GT5, and the emphasis would still be on realistic driving. There'd be no cops, car chases, or racing in this open world environment. There'd be no traffic, or if there were traffic, they'd go partially transparent and become uncollidable once you got within a certain radius of them.

I think this would be pretty cool. If you disagree, tell me with clear reasons why this feature should not be in GT.

GT is about driving and loving cars, is it not? Go ahead and tell me with a straight face that you wouldn't love to drive your car around, take it to a scenic location and take beautiful photographs of it there.



Also, I think GT5 should borrow FM3's rewind feature. Why shouldn't people be able to rewind a race and learn how to correct their mistakes? I don't see any convincing argument as to why. "It's not realistic" is the best argument against it I can imagine, but since when is being able to quit and restart a race realistic either? Rewind would just serve to make the game less frustrating. Instead of having to start a whole race over due to a mistake on one turn, you just start that turn over again. Makes it to where novice players are more likely to correct their mistakes rather than put the controller down in complete frustration. :)
 
Last edited:
I always thougt it would be really swell if we had an actual race team,with a real shop that we could upgrade as we progress. Be able to test on dynos and wind tunnels the whole experience.
 
This is my first post, so please excuse me for repeating anything that has already been stated!

Dynamic weather and night/day cyles would really enhance the experience.

One of my biggest wants, is that offline/online racing can be streamlined, allowing players to have the choice whether to compete in the "sunday cup" (or whatever race championship they happen to be on...) with real people or just against the AI.

I also hope that PD give proper support to the community, by holding regular events and race series, perhaps even operating a tier system where drivers are able to "rank up" allowing players to compete with opposition of similar ability.

For private online races I would also like to see considerable customisation settings to really allow the users to set up championships etc just how they want them.

I would also like to see Donnington on the track list, I want to see the spitfire in HD 👍
 
I know some people would not want an open world at all. "It's doesn't belong in GT, blah blah blah...". I would actually enjoy it a lot though. Before GT5P, I never went to the races, I only did Time Trials just to drive. I still do that today but I actually focus on the races also. An open world in GT, IMO, would be very fun. Just a place to drive your car normally. As I said before, it would be cool to have a FUEL type environment, only without the post apocyliptic crap and better sunrises/sunsets. Also, maybe different open worlds? Like the one I just listed and a city one? Who knows, but IMO this has a lot of potential for people who would like to use it. Also for the "This doesn't belong in GT" guys, I just said it would be neat to have. I am in no way saying it HAS to be in GT at all.

EDIT: Anyone second my idea?
 
Last edited:
1. better AI (stop hitting me!)
2. Private racing lobbies for friends
3. Allow user to choose cars for AI (offline and online)
4. Allow host for an online race to use AI-controlled cars to fill empty spots in races
5. Allow host for an online race to have option to chose what cars are available for the race
6. Damage to cars - cosmetic and functional
 
_ Skid Marks
_ Reverse Signal
_ Ability to create own races, where you pick the opponent
_ More than 6 cars in a race, 12 would be nice but more
_Better Engine Tuning/Parts, Turbo Kits, Trans Kit, Suspension Kit, Internal Kit (For Engine), Tire Size Selection, Dyno, Drag Strip? Top Gear Track, Some Cars Could Sound More Real, Like The Sti, Not To Bash On Them, Cause I Own One :)
_Some GT4 Cars/Tracks Would Be Nice, Bring Back The Srt-4!!!!!!!, Make It An 05 Model, W/LSD. :)
 
Here's one you may not have thought of, which I think would expand the horizons of custom tuning:

Caster angle adjustment?
It would be interesting to see how wheel returnability would be affected.
 
oh!!

7. Proper physics for when cars run off tracks! Currently, it doesn't seem to slow anyone down when they get into the kitty litter! not very realistic.
 
I wanna see the stig character in GT5 :D
..and maybe the translator dude as well :p
 
I think this would be pretty cool. If you disagree, tell me with clear reasons why this feature should not be in GT.

GT is about driving and loving cars, is it not? Go ahead and tell me with a straight face that you wouldn't love to drive your car around, take it to a scenic location and take beautiful photographs of it there.

Okay, I would tell you with a straight face that driving around town and taking virtual pictures of a virtual car never got me.
From Home, to race in 20 seconds is fine with me. Driving around town from a circuit ( let' s say Suzuka ) to the next circuit ( let' s say London ) in 5 minutes is not very realistic becuase of the real distances that should be covered.

So that option, told with a straight face, isn' t anything I would spend my time with.

What I would like is that when you alter a rim of an exhaust, the game will show you what has been changed.
Getting a new exhaust on a Oeroeboroe Sti, should be diffrent then the standard one.
Or when you change camber, I would like to see it on my car, same goes with toe in/out

O, and as a Dutchie, I would like to have Zandvoort & Assen en ofcourse Spa Franchorchamps :dunce:
 
Back