Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
  • 386,159 views
Or when you change camber, I would like to see it on my car, same goes with toe in/out

Can be seen already in prologue 👍
 
I've only just joined and have'nt read all the threads yet, but what I would like to see in GT5 is the Goodwood festival of speed (hill climb and rally stage).
I just think it would be real cool whizzing past the straw bales, I would much prefer this feature to the Top Gear test track just simply for the fact that its more historic and so important to motorsport
 
What about the A1 - Ring in Austria..?
Could it be possible, to have that circuit in the full version of GT5?
I really loved to race that circuit, in the old F1 games.. :)
 
Last edited:
I would like to see everyone stop moaning for a while when it comes out and be happy with what they have for once.

Alas I can see many complaints being made though as usual.
 
I would like to see everyone stop moaning for a while when it comes out and be happy with what they have for once.

Alas I can see many complaints being made though as usual.

Exactly, good point. I'm not asking for anything. Because I know that GT5 is going to include everything I want anyway, and even if there is stuff I don't like about it, I'll still appreciate that it is there.👍
 
probably all been said before. but i would like to be able to modify and edit your car (in a similar way to forza2) with both engine/suspension chassis modifications, and decals/vinyls editing so you can personalise the cars in the game rather than just the tuning tweeks that is unlockable in prologue.
Also after having a prologue session with a mate a few weeks back, a twin drift option in drift mode would be brilliant. i know you can play 2 player already, but i'd like it to be as it is in single player drift with point sections etc.

but if it doesn't happen. i won't be fussed!
 
i would like to see a TIME ATTACK TSUKUBA ONLINE MODE, were you could enter with a car tuned by yourself and do a time attack...
 
Exactly, good point. I'm not asking for anything. Because I know that GT5 is going to include everything I want anyway, and even if there is stuff I don't like about it, I'll still appreciate that it is there.👍

Yes,Ive said this before I love GT and I always will,GT5 will be what it will be and I will enjoy completing the game and testing 600+ cars and before that GT Mobile,No such thing as perfection but PD come pretty damn close.:)
 
I'd like head tracking, or at least like my point of view look through the corner a bit. Taking every corner blind wears on me.

I also wouldn't mind a cockpit view, where my car was semi-transparent.
like a ghost car so I could see through my pillars and dash.
 
it's nothing new but here it goes : skidmarks, backfire(was in gt4),glowing brake discs(gt3, higly reduced in gt4), damage(already in), weather effects, head lights (visible on the road), dirt/sand comming on track , and many many more :D
 
Obviously it won't be in GT5 but I do hope that GT ends up incorporating an open driving environment like in Testdrive Unlimited. Running races continually is knackering and it would be nice to be able to just go for a drive with your online buddies and even just hang round in-game.
 
Obviously it won't be in GT5 but I do hope that GT ends up incorporating an open driving environment like in Testdrive Unlimited. Running races continually is knackering and it would be nice to be able to just go for a drive with your online buddies and even just hang round in-game.

I agree with you on this one 👍, this could also lead to friends doing tandem drifting like on some of those forza videos :)

Edit: I also want to have online racing leagues where you and a team mate enter in your own cars you bought and tuned yourself with your own team colours
 
Be able to buy GT2/GT1 spec cars from Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Corvette, etc and come in only white, leaving you to make the livery.

Sidenote: I can't believe I misread the topic title. :dunce:

Oh, and it be cool if we can change drivers during a long enduro.:crazy:
 
Last edited:
obviously it won't be in gt5 but i do hope that gt ends up incorporating an open driving environment like in testdrive unlimited. Running races continually is knackering and it would be nice to be able to just go for a drive with your online buddies and even just hang round in-game.

exactly!!!!
 
My post in the other thread reminds me of something.
We now have that moving grass on the tracks and i remember that GT4 had some moving leaves on the Autumn Ring, i hope we will see more like that in GT5.
Like some leaves lying around on Deep Forest etc.
 
Art Morrison Corvette too.
You could also drive open cars in GT4, only in time trials or arcade mode against 1 opponent.
 
Art Morrison Corvette too.
You could also drive open cars in GT4, only in time trials or arcade mode against 1 opponent.

but in gt3 when you bought a open cars they always closed the roof like the cobra
 
Couple of things that have come up..

1) I would like to see the "driving line" option upgraded with an "intelligent" option. Setting it to "intelligent" would tell the computer to track your driving patterns, lap times, and consistency over time and match it against the driving line, and then to gradually fade the driving line out when you've reached certain levels of consistency (specified by the player in %).

2) I would also like to be able to switch between my cars at the track i'm at without having to go back to my garage at the main menu and change cars. This would save me a lot of time.

PD, if you're reading this, dont hesitate to implement :)
 
Another thing too that I would like to see is an option to be able to create, save, edit and share my own driving lines. I would like to have data for each line automatically saved and associated with each car so that I can compare my performance using different cars with the same and/or different lines

Also, PD needs to fix the mono/robotic-like gear shift action, which looks and feels very mechanical. I would like the gear shift action and speed to vary according to in-game driving situations/circumstances.

Go PD! :P
 
I'd like the oil change to be complete. Drain the oil, remove the filter, open the bonnet, add new oil and replace the filter. Obviously with a "skip scene" option so you don't have to watch for a total of 15 minutes.
 
how about the abbility too buy diffrent types of fuel, like metanol alcohol, racing fuel, diesel, high power diesel and so on
 
I want a big truck with my team logo on it, overalls to match, a matching car with very similar team mates car who genuinely races but can be given some kind of team orders. My pit lane lollipop stick must also be in the team colours too.
 
Someone has already mentioned this, but I really want customisable race suit/helmet with real brands such as Sparco, Arai, Alpinestars, etc...
 
I've seen trailers and screenshots of cars in the garage, surrounded by people... technicians, pit crew, etc.

I think it would be great if it didn't start out that way. You should have only five pitcrew - with only gloves, individual wheel jacks, manual tools, and a jerry can for fuel - and, as a driver, you should start out with nothing in terms of clothing.

Say, for your first race - you have a crummy little car from the 80's used car lot, that's done a few miles... you have five mates in the pits, with their tools... and you're in jeans, a t shirt, and a white open faced helmet, and a pair of gloves. If you want faster pit stops, buy new wheel jacks, or a $100,000 refuelling system... if you want more protection - or a race series demands you need more than an open face helmet and a t-shirt - buy a full face helmet, possibly from various manufacturers, and specify a race suit, gloves, boots, everything. Build your team up from the ground.

And... another word on these pit guys swarming around... I hope it's not like that in, say, Time Trial mode or whatever. When I go to the Nurb for a fun drive, I don't want to have to bring all these guys along... "okay, guys, leave your dinners and your families... come travel all the way to Germany... I just want to do a couple of fun laps in my Alfa". I mean, I know they're only virtual people, but still.
 
And... another word on these pit guys swarming around... I hope it's not like that in, say, Time Trial mode or whatever. When I go to the Nurb for a fun drive, I don't want to have to bring all these guys along... "okay, guys, leave your dinners and your families... come travel all the way to Germany... I just want to do a couple of fun laps in my Alfa". I mean, I know they're only virtual people, but still.

lmao
 
I want a full WRC championship with all rallies like Montacarlo, Finland, Wales, Cyprus ect.
 
Back