Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
I'd like to see a extra wide aspect ratio. (w/ bars on the top and bottom) It's not quite the same as having a triple monitor setup but its a lot cheaper.

I'd like the chances to race for real teams, like Toyota or Renault, maybe Lotus etc.Real drivers could be your team mates like Jackie Stewart, Senna, Derek Bell, Jason Plato, Petter Solburg, Mika Hakkinen, M Schumacher & his bro, Richard Petty etc.

One I thought of today; I got a ton of use out of the Today's Special wheel shop, usually keeping one manufacturer's wheels on another of its offerings (R34 rims on a Z32, RS6 rims on a TT, things like that). In a similar way, if we're getting some kind of livery editor or paint shop, it'd be neat to get a Today's Special for that too. Have certain paints available every day that are usually found on other cars. You know, sort of iconic paints; WR Blue, the TVR colour-changing ones, Rosso Scuderia. Actually, maybe to avoid anything sacrilege, it would depend on which make you're entering with, and it'd only offer ones from that manufacturer.

It definitely would make it easier than trying to colour-match, or for some of the more complicated matte or pearl effects.

I've always liked the idea of that since the that NFS MMO game they tried years ago (MotorCity?), but given the painfully slow development process PD has in place now just to model a few miles of a city track, I can only imagine the decade-long wait we'd get from them if they tried to give us an entire city to roam :lol:

True, I can't wait for that game either. Tho it would be pretty cool to be able to take a cruise through Monaco. 👍

I've always liked the idea of that since the that NFS MMO game they tried years ago (MotorCity?), but given the painfully slow development process PD has in place now just to model a few miles of a city track, I can only imagine the decade-long wait we'd get from them if they tried to give us an entire city to roam :lol:

I know it's asking alot lol, tho you couldn't tell me that wouldn't be one of the coolest features ever to grace a GT. It doesn't even particularly have to be a city. Give me that Transfergarsan Highway in Romania fly back n fourth on:sly:

I know this might be insignificant, but what exhaust smoke/steam.Condensation/steam cloud usually signifies a cold engine or head gasket is now molten, blue/black smoke means a knackered engine.Anyone think this would be included ?.

I know this might be insignificant, but what exhaust smoke/steam.Condensation/steam cloud usually signifies a cold engine or head gasket is now molten, blue/black smoke means a knackered engine.Anyone think this would be included ?.

Like fatal damage, I'm not sure know if manufacturers would be willing to include that.
Personally I'd want to see black/dark gray smoke for old or tuned diesel engines, though (again, most probably something that most manufacturers, especially those who brag about their "clean diesels", wouldn't want to see).

Manufacturers won't let their cars stop completely. That means, either, they can stop on the track, but the engine still runs no matter what, or if the engine does go or the car runs out of gas, the car still moves but VERY slowly. This was the case for GT4. You could run out of gas, but when you did, you would still go, just very slowly.

Manufacturers won't let their cars stop completely. That means, either, they can stop on the track, but the engine still runs no matter what, or if the engine does go or the car runs out of gas, the car still moves but VERY slowly. This was the case for GT4. You could run out of gas, but when you did, you would still go, just very slowly.

I'm not sure whether that's a demand from the manufacturers or just a gameplay decision made by PD themselves to keep being able to finish a race.
Running out of gas isn't exactly the fault of any car, fuel consumption however is and they got it quite accurate from what I remember.

Like fatal damage, I'm not sure know if manufacturers would be willing to include that.
Personally I'd want to see black/dark gray smoke for old or tuned diesel engines, though (again, most probably something that most manufacturers, especially those who brag about their "clean diesels", wouldn't want to see).

Yeah that's what i mean Shirakawa Akira.

Hey anyone here from Mexico ?.Just a quick question what's the name of that famous road, where some German racing drivers drove Gullwing Mercs in the 50's ?.Anyway would be cool, to have that road in GT5.It's not the Panamerican Highway is it ?, think i'm getting mixed up.

Hey anyone here from Mexico ?.Just a quick question what's the name of that famous road, where some German racing drivers drove Gullwing Mercs in the 50's ?.Anyway would be cool, to have that road in GT5.It's not the Panamerican Highway is it ?, think i'm getting mixed up.

I know the name of that race is Carrera Panamericana, not sure which roads and what their names are.

Rouen-Les-Essarts track please Kaz & Co, don't bother going to France for including in GT5.There's almost nothing left, that resembles Rouen :(:grumpy::ill::mischievous:.If you want PD, ask the people who made Grand Prix Legends ( Sierra Games Online then ) & the Flight Unlimited games.

A rolling road/dynomometer for tuning & testing power & torque.If we get choice of real tyre companies, a tyre fitter from each company.What about your own personal team mechanic/tuner/engineer, who helps & gives advice for you.No chance that these will be in GT5, they got far too much to deal with.

The original Cancun track in Mexico, might be good to race on.Plus as said many times, the Targa Florio in Italy would be pant wettingly awesome if in.If that Ferrari 330 P3/4 in the confirmed cars list is anything to go by, i'd say the TF is included.

Last edited:
So I've been thinking about the track editor, and Photomode. What would be kinda neat would be if we had interactive locations. Analog and I discussed a parking garage sort of location a few weeks ago, and a default studio setting (flat white, with the chance to change the colour), which both would be nice. It'd be cool if we were given some props or things to move around the scene, basically give us a bit more personalization. Imagine the fish market being interactive.

Latest Posts

Back