Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
able to choose two different sets of rims for a car (like this)

080912-D1-1224.jpg

The real reason behind it is that the larger 5 spoke rims retained a little more heat around the wheel and in the brake disc than the multispoke rims.

It wouldn't be Gran Turismo then...

And for me:

- Skid Marks
- Day/Night & Weather Transition (it'd be nice to get some rain).
- Reverse & Turn Signals (Not needed in racing, but it'd be nice).
- Ability to create own races, where you pick the opponent grid yourself (Arcade Mode only).
- More than 6 cars in a race, 12 would be nice but the more the better.
The turn signals would also use up all the buttons on your wheel/controller, I mean Hazards, 1 button, Left 1 more, Right, another, bam you got yo slap chop, you've just wasted 3 buttons right there.

:dopey:

The ability to create a custom race in Arcade Mode using cars from my garage in lieu of the AI opponent.

Aftermarket branded wheels with different available sizes! because simply changing the wheels and choosing the right size for your car will make a dramatic difference in appearance 💡

i agree, but gt5 is mostly about racing dynamics, not appearance.. but i do agree with you!

I would like to see 'Nurburgring traffic'. It can be online of offline, and you get to overtake a random selection of cars having fun on the 'Ring. This can include supercars, concepts and a few M5 taxis overtaking you.

I suppose so. Then again, I would not want a family cup event. Online on the 'Ring would be great, watching everyone crash off.

The turn signals would also use up all the buttons on your wheel/controller, I mean Hazards, 1 button, Left 1 more, Right, another, bam you got yo slap chop, you've just wasted 3 buttons right there.

you forget there's 16 buttons on a PS type controller?, including the D pad, which doesn't get used much nowadays. it could be pulled off.

you forget there's 16 buttons on a PS type controller?, including the D pad, which doesn't get used much nowadays. it could be pulled off.

It did for an NFS game for the original PS. I don't remember well, but I think you had to use the L1 button to act like a shift button from a keypad.

By the way, I still use my D-pad for steering.

Last edited:
Everything I really want already seems to be in the game. I'm far from hardcore so I won;t embara myself attempting to talk about tyre width, traction and the like.

What I want, more than anything is a proper garage. A parking lot of sorts, with 100 spots, one for each car you can unlock. By default, the lot would be seperated by manufacturers, Ferrari's in one section, Subarus in another et cetera. However, you could switch cars around if you wish, so you could have all your supercars in one section, perhaps a filter to automatically organise this for you. (1000 is a lot of cars, obviously)

Then, imagine you could customise the garage itself. Type of garage (bunker, parking lot, indoor, outdoor,) lighting (daytime, streetlamps, flourescants etc,) time of day.

Then when you've got your perfect garage, imagine you could free-roam and take it into Photo Mode. All the cars a man could ever need, in a glorious setting, with the colours of your choice. If there's space, you could perhaps have 2+ of the same car, maybe with different colours to stop the place looking too empty.

As well as looking awesome, it'd give you another reason to flesh out your collection as much as possible, the feeling of filling your garage with every car in the game would be fantastic.

The obvious problem of course is one of processing power. I'm sure that Kaz and co. have thought about it, asits hardly an original idea, but I'm not sure that the PS3, powerful as it is, could handle 1000 exceptionally detailed cars on screen at once without constant load screens.

I prefer to go into games cold, so there may well be something similar already in the game. If there is, I'm sorry for wasting everybody's time...

I've been doing laps in prologue this morning and it hit me. The ability to turn your ghost replay in to a solid car so you can draft and pass. Obviously when this is turned on all your laptimes are invalid.

i loved the racing customization feature on GT1, also a wide selection of rims would be sweet, and a horn!
Absolutly agreed with that, I mean it!!!
But racing customization should be by levels, an example with Honda NSX:

Stage 1: Changing the name (Honda NSX Race Car, Honda NSX LM Race Car, Honda NSX (JGTC), Honda NSX (D1GP),etc.) + Livery (Preset or custom, I'm fine with both).

Stage 2: Body kit and increased Downforce ranges.

Stage 3: Race engine, in this case changing the stock 275 HP for a JGTC-Spec with 475 HP (Further Tunable).

Although Horn is not essential, I'd like having it for making a lot of noise at finish line and telling other AI cars to move when they're going to be lapped or simply going too slow. Could be used with R3 Button.

some bikes would be kool
Not Really...
But you could ask PD for a Tourist Trophy 2!

Last edited:
I would like to see 'Nurburgring traffic'. It can be online of offline, and you get to overtake a random selection of cars having fun on the 'Ring. This can include supercars, concepts and a few M5 taxis overtaking you.
Track days are confirmed for online so in theory any type of car on track at any time.
Although Horn is not essential, I'd like having it for making a lot of noise at finish line and telling other AI cars to move when they're going to be lapped or simply going too slow. Could be used with R3 Button.Not Really...
But you could ask PD for a Tourist Trophy 2!
Horn and flashing of headlamps are confirmed for premium cars, I would like roof up or down on convertibles (chose up or down before race ).
bikes in gt5 hopefully but I doubt it so TT"2 fingers crossed :)

Be able to communicate to others on track days. That would be sweet because you could hold a fierce race with another person that you thought might be a good competitor.

Be able to communicate to others on track days. That would be sweet because you could hold a fierce race with another person that you thought might be a good competitor.

I'm pretty sure that will be possible.

It's looking like it 👍

So... who's going to review 197 pages and see how many hopes/suggestions came true next month? ;)

I'm still hoping for a bare studio that we can change the background colour for, for Photomode. Or even the smokey dark background we're being shown for all the cars from the official shots, really. No point not to...

Review all the pages hehe. Some of the threads here are massive. I thought about going through the whole Standard VS Premium thread just to award myself a platinum forum trophy.

Back