This Week's Mileage Exchange Features the Missing Inks...

Mileage Exchange has run it's course for pretty much everybody playing since launch. Unless PD bring a new range of paints, like carbon fibre for example, it will be useless from here on for the majority.

On the subject of Mileage Points in GTS, we should be allowed to convert MP to Cr or purchase cars with them outright.
I've been around since launch and I'll I'm doing at this point is buying any paint chips I missed on the first cycle and any new homologation special colors cause I decided to collect them all. I just wish we could get something special for 99999 mileage points. We have a 20 million credit cap and several cars that cost that much so I wish there was something worth reaching the MP cap for.

Honestly, other than the popular request for a Carbon Fiber texture (maybe even a spectrum of CF like the other finishes?), I really wanna see more decals and wheels potentially become available, especially when we have the HRE wheels logo within the default sponsor stickers, but no actual HRE wheels to use. I also wouldn't mind other cars becoming available in the ME, other than the made-for-game Gr.3/Gr.B road cars and the pace cars. Finally, I wonder why we don't have track logos added for the other in-game tracks, especially those that've been added post-launch? My guess is that a lot of these could be in a 2.0 update - and I would definitely appreciate custom text & flags for the driver names on car liveries (and perhaps helmets & suits), as well. Heck, I'd like it if we could use something other than our PSN names, as I recall one or both of the PS3-era games allowed you to use your real name, and then it could appear as such both in-game and online.

Additional paint finishes (especially existing manufacturer paints), and new special/racing decals and/or shapes would be welcome additions to the exchange and would require minimal effort. Maybe even full livery kits, like offering the liveries that you see on the AI cars in GT League as purchasable items.

The exchange feels like a missed opportunity with the endless cycling.

Maybe even full livery kits, like offering the liveries that you see on the AI cars in GT League as purchasable items.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Several of us have mentioned these points before. I've seen some great "AI" Liveries that I'd really like.. :grumpy:

Would also be great if...when getting say, a Safety Car from the M.Ex., you could change the car's colour, without losing all the Decals !! :banghead:

Certainly my friend. Apart from B8 Matte Fluorescent, there's also P1 through to P9 MF 's. R2 & R3 MF' s. G3 & G4 Mattes. R1 & O1 Small Dark Flakes.

Thanks mate. From that I missed 3 colours so not too bad. Hopefully I don't have to wait another year till they come round again.

Okay, amazingly these are actually new colours. Nothing since Week 59 has been new, yet here we are in Week 70 with three new colours!

Yep, surprised at this as well. I see it's still not worthy of a news post though :lol:

Also, hasn't the RCZ been in rotation for 3 weeks now? :odd: I was away the whole of last week so my memory might be patchy on this.

------------------

Just to update, possible missing paints to fill the gaps in the lineup so far:
R2 Matte Metallic
R3 Small Flakes
Y4 Matte Metallic
G9 Aluminum Met
G9 Large Flakes
G9 Matte Metallic
G6 DFL
G7 DFL

Not including the highly unlikely Candy Met, Fluorescent and Matte Fluorescent finishes for W/K paints and any new Manufacturers/Colorshifts.

Just to update, possible missing paints to fill the gaps in the lineup so far:
R2 Matte Metallic
R3 Small Flakes
Y4 Matte Metallic
G9 Aluminum Met
G9 Large Flakes
G9 Matte Metallic
G6 DFL
G7 DFL
I don't have B2 Half Matte logged yet either.

Honestly, other than the popular request for a Carbon Fiber texture (maybe even a spectrum of CF like the other finishes?), I really wanna see more decals and wheels potentially become available, especially when we have the HRE wheels logo within the default sponsor stickers, but no actual HRE wheels to use. I also wouldn't mind other cars becoming available in the ME, other than the made-for-game Gr.3/Gr.B road cars and the pace cars. Finally, I wonder why we don't have track logos added for the other in-game tracks, especially those that've been added post-launch? My guess is that a lot of these could be in a 2.0 update - and I would definitely appreciate custom text & flags for the driver names on car liveries (and perhaps helmets & suits), as well. Heck, I'd like it if we could use something other than our PSN names, as I recall one or both of the PS3-era games allowed you to use your real name, and then it could appear as such both in-game and online.

I got one of the audi Gr1 as a reward yesterday, and it has the carbon fiber texture so it must be existing.

If you have this audi, when you change the color for the first time, it removes the livery of the car, and shows you the car in a special color. For this Audi, the base paint really looks like carbon fiber texture. Is it possible the texture exists but it has not been made available yet ?

By the way, is there a way to use the special paints on the decals ?

Additional paint finishes (especially existing manufacturer paints), and new special/racing decals and/or shapes would be welcome additions to the exchange and would require minimal effort. Maybe even full livery kits, like offering the liveries that you see on the AI cars in GT League as purchasable items.

Similarly, they could offer the Nations Cup X2014 liveries, or the Senna suits you could obtain in GT6, or maybe Lucas Ordonez’s new helmet design.

I got one of the audi Gr1 as a reward yesterday, and it has the carbon fiber texture so it must be existing.

If you have this audi, when you change the color for the first time, it removes the livery of the car, and shows you the car in a special color. For this Audi, the base paint really looks like carbon fiber texture. Is it possible the texture exists but it has not been made available yet ?

That doesn't mean anything. The Tomahawk also comes in Carbon Prototype "paint" but in previous games it still doesn't give a carbon paint chip.

I got one of the Audi Gr1 as a reward yesterday, and it has the carbon fiber texture so it must be existing.

If you have this Audi, when you change the color for the first time, it removes the livery of the car, and shows you the car in a special color. For this Audi, the base paint really looks like carbon fiber texture. Is it possible the texture exists but it has not been made available yet ?

The R18 carbon fibre texture is purely how PD made the livery. It is not a paint. Look at how there are a couple of different orientations of it too.

Unfortunately you cannot use Special Colours on decals. That would have made some livery designs far easier.

The R18 carbon fibre texture is purely how PD made the livery. It is not a paint. Look at how there are a couple of different orientations of it too.

Unfortunately you cannot use Special Colours on decals. That would have made some livery designs far easier.

I see. So the only way is to apply carbon fiber decals everywhere...

I'm all about the colors this week because I'm a sucker for teal.
D0XgWcVX0AA2njx.jpg

D0XgeFcWoAAFGHN.jpg

Does anyone know what's in for today?

So as Famine wrote, no new Wheels, Decals, Helmets or Profile poses....as per usual. :banghead:

Paints Wise = All Repeats. :eek::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:
Green Small Flakes G2 to G9 inclusive.
Blue Small Flakes B1 to B8 inclusive.

I do like the Alfa Romeo 4c Road Car in White though !! :D :cheers:

Is that going to be any different from putting matte textured black decals on? (Besides not then being able to add gloss decals)?
Not sure. I've notcattempted to paint a full car with decals as of yet. Ill try it tho, thanks for suggestion.

Not sure. I've notcattempted to paint a full car with decals as of yet. Ill try it tho, thanks for suggestion.

You just need to add a square via the roof and extend it to all corners, then put the projection settings to 10/10 and paint it black with a matte finish. 👍

I'm sure it's actually darker this way too than any of the matte black special paints.

You just need to add a square via the roof and extend it to all corners, then put the projection settings to 10/10 and paint it black with a matte finish. 👍

I'm sure it's actually darker this way too than any of the matte black special paints.

Thank you much.

The projection area tip made it hella easy, thanks again

New paint this week folks: R3 Small Flakes has now appeared :D

Also the C7 Road Car is available in a stealthy looking dark blue. I don't normally collect these colour variations but it looks so good I just had to have it. With this and tuning the new update cars, my mileage points is looking rather grim right now :(

New paint this week folks: R3 Small Flakes has now appeared :D

So, no new Wheels/Decals/Helmets or Profile Poses....as per usual. :confused:
The Silver Merc. / AMG GT safety Car makes another appearance (Cr. 5,000.00) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :indiff:
But, like Legend, I do quite fancy the Chevrolet Corvette C7 Road Car in Dark Blue. :cool:

Special Colours wise...we get P1 to P9 (Purple/Pink?) Small flakes, R2 and R3 (Red) Small Flakes, O1 and O2 (Orange) Large Flakes and Y1 to Y3 (Yellow) Large Flakes.

But, as per Legend, only the R3 Small Flakes is a first timer !! :irked:

I believe that the C7 Road Car has previously been available in :

Laguna Blue Tintcoat,
Arctic White,
Blade Silver Metallic,
Velocity Yellow Tintcoat,
Torch Red (bright) & the latest,
Night Race Blue Metallic (dark).

So only a Crystal Red Tintcoat (dark),
Lime Rock Green, and a
Cyber Gray Metallic (dark) to come.

Last edited: