Thrustmaster issues after 1.15 update

• Thread starter HR31GTS
  • 204 comments
Is there any way to update the firmware without a pc or Mac as I don't have one?

No, you have to have a PC or running bootcamp on a mac (which is ridiculous considering that the T-GT was designed with the PS4 in mind, and if they wanted to, they could have made an app for the PS4 to do firmware and driver updates.)

Firmware wont slove it as it is a Gts problem wheel works fine on other games and on Pc

I didn't think that it would solve the problem but a lot of people think that the a firmware update will solve other problems. What these mysterious problems the update is supposed to fix is what I'd like to know.

I use a T-GT and have no problem (yet) with using it (even with the latest GT-S update) and I haven't updated the firmware (because I don't have a PC and I don't know anyone who does).

Incidentally, just what does the updated firmware fix? According to Thrustmaster, the latest firmware version is 4.00-R30. I can't find a history of the firmware updates or what the previous versions are, or what the latest firmware is supposed to fix. To anyone who has updated the firmware, did it solve your problem and what was the problem?

"Changes made in new driver version 2017_TTRS_7:

- Add new firmware for many Thrustmaster Force Feedback wheels:
* T-GT Racing Wheel: Firmware V4 (for the base)
* TS-XW Racer: Firmware V3
* TS-PC Racer: Firmware V6
* T500 RS: Firmware V47
* T300 RS: Firmware V28
* TX Racing Wheel: Firmware V51

= We strongly recommend that you update your wheel bases with the new firmware.

- Changes made in these new firmware:

* Add support for the Ferrari 250 GTO Wheel Add-on
* Add support for the TH8A Shifter in Gran Turismo Sport when connected to the DIN port of the T-GT base
* Other minor improvements for all bases"

what I do not understand is the way to issue update by Poliphony. Serious people must TEST an update before issuing to the users, you can't put out without knowing results . We pay games a lot of money and believe me, is not nice to turn off the console because somebody did a big mistake. Now I have to stay easter holidays without playing after spending 70 Euros for game and 650 Euros for the wheel. Thank you.

A good example, T500 - some years ago a firmware rised the internal working speed from 120hz to 500hz, resulted in more smooth feeling. Or faster calibration, new rim, new feature support ect.... since T-GT wheel release there was 2 or 3 firmware updates. So do yourself a favor and update your wheel if you can.

"Changes made in new driver version 2017_TTRS_7:

- Add new firmware for many Thrustmaster Force Feedback wheels:
* T-GT Racing Wheel: Firmware V4 (for the base)
* TS-XW Racer: Firmware V3
* TS-PC Racer: Firmware V6
* T500 RS: Firmware V47
* T300 RS: Firmware V28
* TX Racing Wheel: Firmware V51

= We strongly recommend that you update your wheel bases with the new firmware.

- Changes made in these new firmware:

* Add support for the Ferrari 250 GTO Wheel Add-on
* Add support for the TH8A Shifter in Gran Turismo Sport when connected to the DIN port of the T-GT base
* Other minor improvements for all bases"

Thanks. If the only changes are to support Wheel or shifter add-ons, and it doesn't apply to me, then why would they strongly recommend an update?
What was the previous version before V4? and what are the minor improvements for all bases? And what do they mean by "bases"? The pedals?

I'm concerned, not just because I have no way to update the firmware (because I have no access to a PC), but because writing to firmware increases a risk for data corruption.

Do you need the pedals to be connected when updating the firmware? If not, I can just take the wheel part to someone who has a machine running windows. I don’t want the bring the whole set with me...

Thanks. If the only changes are to support Wheel or shifter add-ons, and it doesn't apply to me, then why would they strongly recommend an update?
What was the previous version before V4? and what are the minor improvements for all bases? And what do they mean by "bases"? The pedals?

I'm concerned, not just because I have no way to update the firmware (because I have no access to a PC), but because writing to firmware increases a risk for data corruption.
Sometimes those minor improvements are compatibility issues or fixes after a software update from developers. In my case update 1.12 broke compatibity with my shifter. Rather quickly after this firmware update the issue was fixed. Also some issues with some buttons were fixed.

Bases or the wheelbases. Software developers always use the latest hardware firmware for the games or the firmware fixes issues the software developers come accros....so yes it is recommended if you have issues.

My t300 ferrari gte is working good. There is one problem with the traction control setting or brake balance. I leave it 1 then suddenly at times it bumps up to 2 without me pressing the button is this a glitch or is it my steering wheel?

It seems with this update it rendered many peoples steering wheels unusable.

Mine also, very annoying when suddenly in a race you got 3 tc. My mirror also disappear time to time.

No, you have to have a PC or running bootcamp on a mac (which is ridiculous considering that the T-GT was designed with the PS4 in mind, and if they wanted to, they could have made an app for the PS4 to do firmware and driver updates.)
Thats how it goes with all TM wheels the TG-T is not the first wheel Thrustmaster Made for Ps4

Is it possible to uninstall this update? My T500 stopped working as well...

No point anyway as you can do very little whilst offline and won't be able to save the game.

You'll just have to wait until PD sort it so the T500 will work again, if you don't fancy playing with the pad, which would be the case for me too had my wheel stopped working.

I'm sure that this comment was already mentioned here, but please also be aware that GT Sport is having some serious sound issues, and servers. We really need some corrections here ASAP. Another note is that we need some confirmation from Taz about what is next? what will happened moving forward?

I'm sure that this comment was already mentioned here, but please also be aware that GT Sport is having some serious sound issues, and servers. We really need some corrections here ASAP. Another note is that we need some confirmation from Taz about what is next? what will happened moving forward?

Taz?

s-l300.jpg

I've got the TG-T with T500RS pedals, TH8RS shifter, original launch PS4. I've never updated the wheel firmware since getting it at the beginning of the year. Everything's working fine for me since v1.15.

Feel bad for you guys having issues. Hope they patch it soon!

I got my T300 Ferrari GTE wheel working, but it has to operate in PS3 mode. Still a pain in the arse for me & everyone else.

Just wanted to leave my input here:

I'm a T300 RS GT Edition user (T3PA Pedals). Only had it about 2 months, no firmware updates installed yet.

Since 1.15 the wheel itself is working fine. FFB is the same as it was before, but my TCS also randomly switched up several times. I think what's happening is the directional pad is being "pressed" even though I'm not pressing it. I switched the d-pad over to the map/radar option and never had issues with TCS randomly changing again.

I'm also experiencing the sound-bug. Since I rely a lot on the FFB from the wheel to let me know when I'm losing traction, it hasn't affected me too much, but not hearing the tires screeching was a surprise and made it awkward for a minute. Also not hearing other cars hitting each other or the walls was weird. At first it made me re-think whether I actually got rear-ended, or if I just messed up on my own somehow.

Hopefully this all gets fixed soon and I feel bad for you T500 users who are currently stuck without a wheel.

LOL, Just need some attention here, when are we getting another update? lol and after 1.15 update, the sound in the game is horrible. Also my wheel is not working properly, common here, lets fix this asap, and please Spurgy 777 do you know when is the next update man?

LOL, Just need some attention here, when are we getting another update? lol and after 1.15 update, the sound in the game is horrible. Also my wheel is not working properly, common here, lets fix this asap, and please Spurgy 777 do you know when is the next update man?

No idea when they'll fix it, but I'm in the same boat as you as I have a T500RS, so hopefully soon. :lol:

You've always been able to play this game in PS3 mode up until this last update.

I'd like to see a video of someone's wheel who says this is normal before I believe it to be true. If this is indeed normal, then I can't believe a bigger deal hasn't been made of it, because whenever it activates it feels and sounds like the motor is shredding itself internally, which is why I had been racing in PS3 mode.
Yes I did read on the Thrustmaster web site the following: "On PlayStation®4, with the USB sliding switch (5) in the PS3™ position: * The wheel is recognized in most games as a T500RS wheel. * The wheel is functional in compatible games, but not in console menus. * The “SHARE” and “PS” functions are not functional on the wheel." Perhaps since T500's are not working right now maybe that why it will not work in PS3 mode.

I do not get the loud vibration though. The only loud vibrations mine had was during understeer the handle for the clamp underneath the base would shake real loud. Very annoying. I used one of my daughters elastic hair bands to wrap around the handle and then around the arm joint near the front opposite of the suction cup. Silence at last. Maybe that is what your noise is. Only happened during understeer.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the MFD+ bug. I thought my wheel might've been acting up. I assume that everyone uses D-pad Up as MFD+, so has anyone try remapping it to a different command to confirm it's just the button being randomly pressed?

I can't normally even see the value on my MFD because my wheel rim blocks that part of the screen. The first time this happened, my fuel map was gradually getting clicked up throughout the race and I couldn't even tell until the last lap, when I saw I was on map 4 somehow :(. I too have resorted to setting it to show the useless course map.

It was one of the factors costing me what could have been my biggest GT win ever:

There should be somebody in your surroundings with a laptop?

I got a general question for the T300 users. Is it possible to play with the wheel and navigate quickly thru the menu with the controller or you always have to use the steering wheel's buttons?

I got a general question for the T300 users. Is it possible to play with the wheel and navigate quickly thru the menu with the controller or you always have to use the steering wheel's buttons?

The controller and wheel stay connected at the same time, and I myself use the controller for navigating and only use the wheel for driving. I just keep the controller next to me. I still haven't gotten used to all the buttons on the actual wheel.

Back