Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bug VGT has serious lift off oversteer issues. It's ok in most corners but going into Indianapolis 9 times out of 10 I end up backwards unless I brake very early before the kink. Even setting BB max front doesn't help. Going into the Porsche Curve's first corner is also a hairy moment. Terrible stock setup, this should be the Tuned TT and the other one should be a locked Gr.4 (maybe use the criminally underrated Veyron Gr.4 for once).

First quick tune for the NSX GR4 . Great potential , for the gearbox , needed a transmission flip
Final gear 3.200
Top speed auto to minimum
Then each gear ratio
Then final gear again at 2.570
Enjoy your drive.

Just a first draft .This tune can be updated any time.

View attachment 860326
View attachment 860327
Hi mate, thanks for posting the tune. I do have a question for you though.
Nearly all the fastest players on the board are using the GT-R Gr4, including yourself, and no one in the top 25 is using the NSX.

Why did you post the NSX tune rather than your GT-R tune? Will you be posting your GT-R tune?

Sorry, two questions Praiano, cheers.

Hi mate, thanks for posting the tune. I do have a question for you though.
Nearly all the fastest players on the board are using the GT-R Gr4, including yourself, and no one in the top 25 is using the NSX.

Why did you post the NSX tune rather than your GT-R tune? Will you be posting your GT-R tune?

Sorry, two questions Praiano, cheers.
The NSX was the first car i've driven for the TT , I love the way it move , The GTR is faster for sure but it's not so fun to drive . Just need some extreme settings , suspension , ride height , rear TOE around -0.50 front around +0,10.... and a gearbox for the crucials turns. I will publish it soon, still checking some camber and LSD options.

I have a 7th position with the Genesis , for sure the car is able to perform as well as a GTR and a lot more driving feeling. This is really important when you spend time trying the perfect lap without been bored , it happen with the GTR :indiff:👎. Hyunday Genesis is ton of fun.

RIDE HEIGHT MM = FRONT 68 REAR 130

Gearbox , needed a transmission flip too
Final gear 3.200
Then each gear ratio
Then final gear again at 2.420
Enjoy your drive.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191026020715.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191026020723.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 7th position with the Genesis , for sure the car is able to perform as well as a GTR and a lot more driving feeling. This is really important when you spend time trying the perfect lap without been bored , it happen with the GTR :indiff:👎. Hyunday Genesis is ton of fun.

Gearbox , needed a transmission flip too
Final gear 3.200
Then each gear ratio
Then final gear again at 2.420
Enjoy your drive.

View attachment 860386
View attachment 860387
After you posted the tune for the NSX I changed into it and did improve a little over the GT-R.
Then my sons and I had to go and dig out some clumps of bamboo with crow bars and shovels, no shade and temp is around the 35 C mark, but finished that after a hour or so and am back in the air conditioning. Ahhhh.
Now I'll try the Genesis. Thanks for the tunes mate.

Oh, only problem is ride height, you are using a different measurement to some of us.

After you posted the tune for the NSX I changed into it and did improve a little over the GT-R.
Then my sons and I had to go and dig out some clumps of bamboo with crow bars and shovels, no shade and temp is around the 35 C mark, but finished that after a hour or so and am back in the air conditioning. Ahhhh.
Now I'll try the Genesis. Thanks for the tunes mate.

Oh, only problem is ride height, you are using a different measurement to some of us.
Haha , sorry , it's not a problem , just a different unit , inches. There is no option on my gane to set any kind of english with millimeters.

The Bug VGT has serious lift off oversteer issues. It's ok in most corners but going into Indianapolis 9 times out of 10 I end up backwards unless I brake very early before the kink. Even setting BB max front doesn't help. Going into the Porsche Curve's first corner is also a hairy moment. Terrible stock setup, this should be the Tuned TT and the other one should be a locked Gr.4 (maybe use the criminally underrated Veyron Gr.4 for once).

Keep some throttle input when braking to those corners. It stabilize the bugatti.

Haha , sorry , it's not a problem , just a different unit , inches. There is no option on my gane to set any kind of english with millimeters.
Thanks for the height, I tried the Genesis with your tune and did much better than in any other car. When I stopped this arvo I was 1:26.9 for #91st.

Another note: being a 4WD car, it does help to give the Bugatti VGT a slightly rearward brake bias. I think I used +2 for my best time.

Had a few days break from GT and come back to some wicked combo's! 👍 Been running the VGT @ La Sarthe and the G-TR @ Interlagos.. here's my best laps so far with some improvements to be made on the next session 👍

Those 3'18's at La Sarthe are crazy fast! WD to the guys running those laps :eek:👍

Sardegna TT 1:26.196 BB2

Base tune is from praiano63 :cheers:, adjusted it to my taste. Tune is in the end of the vid.
My tune is not so loose as praianos, so if you have hard time to keep rear at the rear, try this one :)

Here is my megane trophy tune for the Sardegna TT , you will not have a good top speed but the gain of grip in the turny sections make it easier to nail and perform a good time.
I have a 1:25.411 with it.
Enjoy your drive.

EDIT , i don't remember well how i've builded the gearbox . Anyway , you can do it setting your top speed auto trans to minimum 200 kmh and match the speed of each gear.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191028094447.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191028094506.jpg

Last edited:
DS4/AT/1:26.116/48th atm
@praiano63 Genesis setup with shorter gears (FG 2.450) & BB-1.
Megane Trophy 0.5s slower in my hands...

Last edited:
Did a quick test with the porsche , i have a 1:25.5xx with it , Need a very loose setting , a bit technical to drive , but i have the sensation that in very good hands it can be faster than the Hyundai.

Here is my megane trophy tune for the Sardegna TT , you will not have a good top speed but the gain of grip in the turny sections make it easier to nail and perform a good time.
I have a 1:25.411 with it.
Enjoy your drive.

EDIT , i don't remember well how i've builded the gearbox . Anyway , you can do it setting your top speed auto trans to minimum 200 kmh and match the speed of each gear.

View attachment 861032
View attachment 861033
My 3rd run in in this car with my own Gear box, but the gearbox still needs some tweaks to get it right. Thanks @praiano63 for a nice setup :cheers:.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191029162109.jpg

So correct me if I'm wrong, but ideally, one would want to tune the individual gears so that when they shift down, they'd almost be at the ideal shifting revs for their current gear, right? Like for the main straight, I've tinkered with the final gear ratio so that I'm barely reaching the end of the 6th gear, rather than still having a lot of it left by the time I need to brake for turn 1, or alternatively redlining too early, resulting in a loss of otherwise beneficial acceleration on the main straight.

So for another example, on the straight just after the first checkpoint, I'd imagine I'd wanna barely be reaching the end of the 4th gear before I downshift to tackle that sharper turn that comes after a much more broader turn (which I usually take at full-throttle), right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back