Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the ferrari is stock power and weight. This configuration turn the car very pleasant to to drive and for the first time , tuning will not be used to tame an undrivable beast.
I already have something talking about settings and also a 1st place for the moment.
I have to explore some others settings options , then i'll publish something.

At least the ferrari is stock power and weight. This configuration turn the car very pleasant to to drive and for the first time , tuning will not be used to tame an undrivable beast.
I already have something talking about settings and also a 1st place for the moment.
Looking forward to it! 320 kmh a bit slow on that long straight with no chicanes!!
I tried fiddling with final gear and top speed and it didn't seem to make any difference - it needs horsepower :)

Last edited:

Tremendous Time Good work. I don't have in-game Credits to Buy the Car and By PS Store Not for Sale

The GT40 is really ruined by the understeer physics. I remember driving this car in a N300 FIA event at Willow last year and it handles those long corners beautifully. Now the front end just gets so light you have to back off the throttle a lot more, especially in the last looooong corner. Shame because with some tuning it can be made to handle like a dream, but PD's default settings are a dud.

As for the 330 P4, I have put over 4000 kms on this car thanks to grinding the Nostalgic 1979 race :lol: I can drive this combo in my dream and my car is already perfectly tuned to suit my driving style :D I'll give prairano's tune a try to see if I can find some more tenths in the Porsche Curves, but all our values are pretty similar except for LSD so we'll see...

Can the Ferrari only be purchased with Game Credits not on the Playstation Store? The Ford is. How can I buy the Ferrari?

Buy the Lewis Hamilton DLC. With your skills all gold (or even diamond) should be easy to do in 1-2 hours. More than enough credits to buy anything you want.

Thanks for this but I can't get my gears to look anything like yours! First one for example you drop to 1.xx I don't have the option to go less than 3.xx??? I'm missing something!

Set your final gear to 5.500 first, then max speed to 200Kmh, and then you can adjust the gear ratios as per Praiano's setup, after you set the gear ratios, lower the final gear to 2.770

Thanks to the 1979 Nostalgia event, anyone with a 330 P4 is no doubt sick of Le Sarthe, but at least we've had plenty of practice :lol:

Went out in the 330 - you have to lower power and add weight if you've upgraded it. Now it will only do 320 kph instead of the 365 I was getting before.... never mind, put in a couple of laps and was placed THIRD!! Wow!! Then I checked the leaderboard - I must have got on early as there were only 7 entrants. :lol:
I'm in precisely the same boat as you were...

I got 300th place on my first run :)... only to find that there is only 700 entrants... :(

Some seriously impressive times from @praiano63 and @LeGeNd-1 - I think I need to get tuning :lol:

edit: 130th now thanks to @praiano63's tune... 👍

Last edited:
I don't get it, many times I have won enough to get me over the $20 million mark but it only lets me have $19,999,999.

How do people get to accumulate more than $20 mil?

Anyway I had the Ford and am currently 1:22.832 for #58 at Willow.

Incidentally and by coincidence, my sons and I watched the Ford vs Ferrari (DVD) again last night, never knowing I'd be saddling up in the GT40 today..
~~~
Ok, wanted to see how easy/hard it was to build up ala Louis Hamilton so did a few races and won a couple of million to get me to close to 20mil, around 19.8 or whatever.
However my last win was $260,000 or so rather than the stated $500,000 which would have put me over the $20mil mark.
It did allow me to have $20mil though, for the first time.
Not sure I want to blow it all on one car though, especially as you can only win the L Hamilton races once.

Last edited:
Set your final gear to 5.500 first, then max speed to 200Kmh, and then you can adjust the gear ratios as per Praiano's setup, after you set the gear ratios, lower the final gear to 2.770
Thank you!!! I'm a bit of a :dunce: when it comes to gears!!

anyone else having the time trial say you dont have the ferrari 330 p4 when it's in your garage? or am i missing something?

Yes, for some reason you have to downgrade power and add weight before you go into the TT..... I thought normally it would let you choose the car in the race, then downgrade before carrying on.
So what you have to do is set power and weight to 100 on the sliders, before you choose the race, then it will show up.

Last edited:
Here is a new setup "take off mode" ride height max front mini rear.
324 kmh in the straight that make the difference. Still turning well. .....
I have a 3.28.6xx with it but still room nailing all all the lap.
IMG_20200328_110748.jpg

Yeah, I already have 330 P4 before TT. I was 4th in first 15 min :)

Fastest lap right now (Look who first on la Sarthe in the rusty car)

I will try again later.
I'm not using the cones , i think the guy who publish the replay ad them on the video. I didn't knew it was possible.
I will test with the cone now. My biggest problem is the Arnage turn braking point. I was missing it ill the time because no reference on the side of the track.
The. Cone is perfectly spoted on the point. I think high 27 are possible for me , and a 25 when aliens will enter the event.

Ok, wanted to see how easy/hard it was to build up ala Louis Hamilton so did a few races and won a couple of million to get me to close to 20mil, around 19.8 or whatever.
However my last win was $260,000 or so rather than the stated $500,000 which would have put me over the $20mil mark.
It did allow me to have $20mil though, for the first time.
Not sure I want to blow it all on one car though, especially as you can only win the L Hamilton races once.
Are you confident that you can achieve all golds at least on the Lewis Hamilton TTs??
Along with the 1m you get for each gold and unlocking the Cr limit for all golds, you also get 20m for the all gold achievement. and a few free Mercs. ;)

Buy the Ferrari and have some fun. it's a lovely car to drive. :D

Here is a new setup "take off mode" ride height max front mini rear.
324 kmh in the straight that make the difference. Still turning well. .....
I have a 3.28.6xx with it but still room nailing all all the lap.
View attachment 903442
Adding 20 points to the front downforce is valid. I'm 28.1xx this way but close to my skills limit. The top ghost is making the difference in the last 2 chicanes , i will try another day , i'm done now. :cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
Are you confident that you can achieve all golds at least on the Lewis Hamilton TTs??
Along with the 1m you get for each gold and unlocking the Cr limit for all golds, you also get 20m for the all gold achievement. and a few free Mercs. ;)

Buy the Ferrari and have some fun. it's a lovely car to drive. :D
Well I hate to lose my $20mil so easily, I've enjoyed never having to worry about having enough money.
I'm pretty sure I can gold most, if not all, Mr Hamilton's races and I did enjoy doing the ones I have so far, even though it took a while, mind you I'm not sure I can manage to gold 'The Ring'. Wish it was in the non racing Merc instead.

No matter, your encouragement was exactly what I needed, thanks mate I'm going to do it.
You know I always enjoyed starting a new GT game when they came out and slowly building up my bank, I'll look at this with that perspective.

You know I always enjoyed starting a new GT game when they came out and slowly building up my bank, I'll look at this with that perspective.
I was lucky enough to be gifted the Ferrari only a week after it was put in the game. I've since then saved Cr. in numerous ways (a little of repetitive grinding here and there, but mostly general gameplay) and have bought myself the Jag XJ13, the Ford MkIV, and the Miura so far. :D
I'm pretty sure I can gold most, if not all, Mr Hamilton's races and I did enjoy doing the ones I have so far, even though it took a while, mind you I'm not sure I can manage to gold 'The Ring'. Wish it was in the non racing Merc instead.
I still have not completed the Hamilton DLC just yet. only the last three to do. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back