Tjger Endurance Racing.....CLOSED

• Thread starter MRTeam
  • 2,686 comments
There is no difference between the two circuits except one is longer. Both are flat.
The full circuit has two long sections which are the same as the International circuit. I have done no testing at all on the full circuit.

The major problem with this race is the weather. I can't predict or forecast when it will come. Drivers will need to able to adjust quickly.

The snow and hurricane weather along with no tires only rims allowed could pose a problem.

You'll be fine. ;)
No worries i will be there, one of my favorite tracks. But your forgetting the other 3 straights you will be adding as well , there go my hopes of seeing sam after lap one:indiff:. My main concern is we dont have our full group following the thread, so you could have guys having no clue about changes made to track layout, and or a weather post day of event. Just looking out for the group, dont want to lose anyone because of a mix up and hurt feelings :scared:. As br1mann said we have a fantastic group, just looking to help keep it strong! Just a small thought, you could just add more laps to original circuit chosen maybe? I will be on early tonight.....

Last edited:
Testing time! If anything, I hope this means longer in the wet since my pace seems to be better in the soggy conditions.

Right now after 20 hours of testing with the same weather forecasts.
It's impossible to plan for when the rain arrives. Just like the weather in real life.
It can be and is unpredictable. It is impossible for us to know exactly where and when the rain arrives.

As far as the group. Everyone has a PS4 and a list of friends. Spread the word. Today, tonight, tomorrow. Wake them up if you have to. I'm sure I'll spread the word again.

The rain is coming, the rain is coming.

"There's tigers in them clouds. My cousin told me so."

This is the only race that will have rain. A Silverstone tradition.

Last edited:
This is the only race that will have rain. A Silverstone tradition.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spa is the land of the rain!

spa3.jpg

Last edited:
I ran a bunch of laps today with a few different GT3 cars and all I could muster with most cars was 2 minute laps. In the dry of course. but the left side tires would get very very hot, no matter what pressures were at. But any how, bring on the rain. I love that weather simulation part of a race. Thanks for doing it @MRTeam

We should just run a dry race and then a dry/wet race on the original planned track as we have spent so much time practicing 30 laps per race and maybe make it reverse grid for second race and each race is only 50% points

We should just run a dry race and then a dry/wet race on the original planned track as we have spent so much time practicing 30 laps per race and maybe make it reverse grid for second race and each race is only 50% points
Hmmmm, 2 smaller races sound pretty good!

Sorry, don't have the time to run 2x30 laps. I'm on nightshift this week.I will run the Silverstone international 30 laps.
Don't have the time to practice for the longer track. I have already enough problems, to keep the 46 Aston Martin on the track. It would be much better to announced the tracks the night before the race. Not all of us have the time to practice a whole week. "Just a thought"

Sorry, don't have the time to run 2x30 laps. I'm on nightshift this week.I will run the Silverstone international 30 laps.
Don't have the time to practice for the longer track. I have already enough problems, to keep the 46 Aston Martin on the track. It would be much better to announced the tracks the night before the race. Not all of us have the time to practice a whole week. "Just a thought"
the track list in the calendar will always be public, if you have a whole week to practice then go for it but just remember that we cant say to people that no practice is allowed because there is no way to enforce it. Fridays race is going to be either 30 Laps of Silverstone GP = about 65-70 mins when pitstops and rain are added or 1x30 laps of Silverstone international in the dry =about 31-34 mins and then a 30 lap wet/dry = 35-38 and plus another 2 mins if we add a reverse grid. so similar times no matter what we do but you dont have to race both. im going to work with Tjger on planning for season 2 sometime later this season to learn from out mistakes and improve this series. Tjger has done a great job with track choice and weather choice has been been flawless especially with this weeks track. all we need is to work out little things that didn't work and improve them (not saying Tjger has done anything wrong because everyone has enjoyed themselves so far). the only round we all saw that didnt seem right was this one because 30 laps of this place is very short and we should have either just left it how it was or changed it at least a week before but its Tjgers call.

Yeah I can't argue with anything that has been said in the posts above.
This series has been plagued with so many problems that continuing it would be a waste of time.

So Friday night we will gather for one last time before the real Holiday begins.

The remaining races will be run back to back 5 laps each.

All the rules and regulations will be removed or not enforced.

This series has been plagued with so many problems that continuing it would be a waste of time.

So Friday night we will gather for one last time before the real Holiday begins.

I'm cornfused, say it ain't so. I run in a few different leagues and this weeks race here I was looking forward to the most, mainly because of the weather aspect. 30 laps at the GP circuit sounds pretty normal.

???? What is going on????

I'm cornfused, say it ain't so. I run in a few different leagues and this weeks race here I was looking forward to the most, mainly because of the weather aspect. 30 laps at the GP circuit sounds pretty normal.
This is the only thing i look forward to all week. Nervous first laps and different strategies plus night/day wet/dry makes it interesting.

Dont be silly man this is the only round we have had a problem with and really its not a problem its a last minute decision that might or might not be the right choice, i prefered the international because the GT2 cars can keep a tight battle with GT3 and its been on the calendar for months but if we choose GP the race will be double length (good) and its a brilliant track but its not what we practiced for. I dont care what we do at all just set it in stone so we can get ready.

It is set in stone.

Open Letter to @MRTeam and my fellow competitors:

This all seems bizarre to me.

Why cancel the series when no one has said they don't want to race the rest of this series. As a matter of fact, it looks like we'll have a full house on Friday and the rounds thereafter.

Essentially Tjger, it seems to me that you're surprised that people don't like change less than five days before a race after most of us had spent the five days prior practicing what was scheduled to happen. People don't like it if the goalposts get moved just before they take the shot.

However, no one seems to be all that bothered by the move to GP in the long run as it has its positives, many of which @Samsung1998race mentioned earlier - the only issue is the decision should have been made much earlier. I queried the reasoning behind racing the International layout before the season even began, for instance, but since it was on the calendar we all accepted and looked forward to getting our slippery surface shoes on at that layout.

Despite the change, we're still going to have a nice, big grid on Friday.

As for ditching the whole season... why?

To say the series has been plagued with issues is an over-statement. It's been a great balance of fun and competition thus far, and some of the best circuits are yet to come. The only real issues outside of the circuit change have been glitches and bugs within the game, which is beyond anyone's control.

The only preventable issue I've seen is this pro wrestling style plot twist at the very last second, and that's not a real problem, even if I wouldn't recommend repeating it.

So why stop? We all seem to be enjoying ourselves and even though there are moments of defeat and drama - just like every online series - we're all great friends and love racing the GT3 cars.

Why not just let the series keep going as it was supposed to without any more calendar alterations apart from maybe the addition of Macau as a season ender when that hits our screens?

Honestly, it's just winter - the 'winter slump' is a common thing in the human mind. It's cold, it's dark a lot and we get a little sad! Let's not let that get in the way of our racing!

Last edited:
In real life we have to deal with changes, mute swings every day, but when it starts to affect our fun and hobby, then it's time to quit. Tjger, so far we all had a good time and you did a great job organizing round 15 or more people. In my life and hobby, I like to know things in advance, so I can prepare my self. Saying this, I think its better for me, not racing on Friday. Thanks Termi. PS. Sorry about my English.

This is the problem of taking things too seriously. Me, I don't care. Rain, dry, last minute changes, whatever. Bring it! I'll grab that ******* wheel and go for it. Practicing? Damn! I race GT3 cars almost every night and I have over 2000 hours in Silverstone. Is it gonna rain? Brake earlier and control your throttle inputs. See you all friday.
PS: There's only one thing that really pisses me off in racing... being knocked off track by some moron that forgot to brake

All great responses, but... This series was doomed to fail before it even started.

1. Car selection.
Unfair, all the fast cars are taken and some guys wanted a rule change to allow car swaps between races. This is not real life. This is fun racing. SOLUTION: Future races will be One Make only.

2. Track selection.
That track(s) sucks. Why can't we race at this track or that track. SOLUTIOON: Wait for additional tracks to be available.

3. Race length too long.
Races were planned at 50 laps. 30 laps is still too long. SOLUTION: Reduce race length to 5-10 laps.

4. Night racing.
Some still have a problem racing in the daylight let alone have a button mapped for the headlights. SOLUTION: No driving at night.

5. Weather.
I can't race in the rain or when is the first drops going to fall and when exactly will the rain stop.

6. Pit row.
Where is it? Some are still having problems with either not wanting to learn or don't want pit stops in races. SOLUTION: I have none.

7. Tire wear.
Why can't we go back to Patch 5.0 or not have any tire wear? Tire wear sucks. *Host is cheating by hacking tire wear.
SOLUTION: Host will not participate in tire wear or have tire wear turned on.

8. Body damage

9. Mechanical damage

10. Interruptions and distractions.
I spent last night sitting on the road side answering emails from drivers asking when are we going to race something else. Better yet, invitations to play another game..SOLUTION: Put PCars away and try something else.

I could go on, but it's not worth it.
By no means am I upset. It's actually funny. :lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: This series has been plagued with Project Cars growing pains and there's more to come. Additional patches, DLC contents, and new members who want to join.

This series was doomed to fail before it even started.

So Friday night you guys will race the remaining races of the series and we'll put it behind us.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Yeah it's time turn this racing simulation back into a video game and not take it so seriously. :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cool:

In real life we have to deal with changes, mute swings every day, but when it starts to affect our fun and hobby, then it's time to quit. Tjger, so far we all had a good time and you did a great job organizing round 15 or more people. In my life and hobby, I like to know things in advance, so I can prepare my self. Saying this, I think its better for me, not racing on Friday. Thanks Termi. PS. Sorry about my English.
Im out. This is about fun for me also. I will not be racing on Friday nights any more. I will stick to TNM.

Where to start? Ok first im done with this league sorry guys:(. It has sucked the fun out of it for me here, but i will continue on at tnm(Tuesday night madness) for my self. This will give me more time to focus on my work that ive been neglecting over there. I sure hope to see anyone wanting to continue on racing there, Tjger included. I keep nobody out, its for all racers. Im going to change more for Tuesday night offering some bigger events from time to time! Now i would also like to thank tjger for all his great events:bowdown:. Im sure you guys will do fine here because last i checked he has a list of guys waiting to get in:tup:. So my spot is open, you guys have fun take care and maybe i see ya Tuesday night:D, peace:cheers:

What just happened here?!! :confused:
NOT AGIAN!!! :banghead:

Tjger I will always respect your decisions, but It seems this always happens and I been around with you for a long times so I know you have a good reason for you to do this....

It is a shame that after building your club from the ground up... It will crumble after all the hard work you put on to it :indiff:

I'll await for your Next event Tjger
And for the rest of the guys I hope to still race with you and @mphile77 Count me In man!

I race everywhere and anywhere!! I travel from:
-GT6
-DRIVECLUB
-PCARS

and soon NFS :D

Basically I've over extended my passion for endurance racing on you guys.
Expecting you guys to race at a level that I crave for. That's unfair and selfish. Building a series with driver's Championship and Manufactures Championship points was the greatest stupid idea ever. I should have kept it at one race.

What popped?
Last night was suppose to be my normal 'out of the office' relaxation time. I always start at the back enjoying a care free night of cruising around and watching everyone else win. Smelling the exhaust and listening to the engine humming it's favorite tune. Casual night is what I called it, I think.

Then the interruptions and distractions started. So I asked myself why am I here? Why am I getting bothered with invites to leave and play something else. Why am I getting harassed about what's the next race?

So I did something I never heard of before. I hit the 'Rage Quit 'Button. The ultimate shame and disgrace button.

"Accept the challenge or accept last place." I accepted to quit not last place.

The Silverstone Grand Prix vs. Silverstone International circuit debate. I made a call and I'm sticking to it. If it means drivers will quit. That's the decision I have to live with. I can't please everyone.

Best thing that's come of out of this mess.
Fresh ideas and fresh minds. Change is always good. Out with the old and in with the new.

I'm an endurance racer. I have to have the difficulties as high as they can go.
It's drug that only a handful of us know.

To bother me while I'm trying to relax........I popped.

Take care guys and have a Happy Holiday season.
I start my rehab January 1st. :lol:

Back