Tokyo Game Show

• Thread starter Earth
  • 262 comments
That´s it. No Gran turismo or even PS3 related games at all.

All focused in Vita. Sony wants to sell Vita's.

Wait for E3 2013.

I´ll go to sleep. Bye.

Well I have to say i'm disappointed. I chose the 360 for this generation then bought a PS3 in 2010 mainly for GT5. If I decide on Xbox again for the next gen I doubt i'll also buy the PS4 just for GT6.

Wow. So they're just going to go down that route huh? Expecting everyone to buy the PS4 just for Gran Turismo 6... Well next year we'll which game will make good sales Sony. We'll see without disappointing everyone again, me included...

We already know its going to be released but on what format? If PS4 then there is no way we'll see it, I really hope it's not PS3 as it needs to be a launch title for PS4. But if it is PS3 then I guess an annoucment should be fairly soon.

Much prefer to hear about a Spec3 update and more DLC at this point

Guess there isnt going to be a Spec III update, should of known really as they wouldnt release a boxed GT Acadamey version then another boxed Spec III version.

Still hope for more DLC tho :nervous:

And yes, anybody who was expecting to hear about GT6 was really hoping, E3 at the earliest!, after the delay issue with GT5 i'm expecting GT6 to be a launch title for the PS4 💡

Wow. So they're just going to go down that route huh? Expecting everyone to buy the PS4 just for Gran Turismo 6... Well next year we'll which game will make good sales Sony. We'll see without disappointing everyone again, me included...

Of course they expect people to buy a PS4 for GT6. That's why it's a system seller. And I still don't see why that's a bad thing.

OHM_fusion
Of course they expect people to buy a PS4 for GT6. That's why it's a system seller. And I still don't see why that's a bad thing.

Based off GT5 ( which is all there is to go on )
I won't be adopting. Cannot see GT being a launch title TBH.

Of course PD could be more transparent in there plans and help people on the fence to decide but that won't happen either.

All rumours.

Ps. Last guardian or GT6 to come first?

GT6 on PS4 confirmed.

Or PS4 delayed. :sly:

GT6 for PS4 you heard it here first :)

Not quite mate. :sly:

Because console are sold at a loss?

Or perhaps it's because Kaz said they started work on GT6 even before/or straight away after GT5 came out. I forget which.

Either they had a PS4 Dev kit then, in which case where is the PS4 now, or they where developing it on the PS3, in which case they would be throwing away months of development work.

I'm not buying into this GT6 is PS4 idea, but we will all find out in the fullness of time.

Edit. Maybe they are developing it for the Vita! :ouch:

Last edited:
So do we have any video captured confirming this or anything from TGS?

Based off GT5 ( which is all there is to go on )
I won't be adopting.
Cannot see GT being a launch title TBH.

Of course PD could be more transparent in there plans and help people on the fence to decide but that won't happen either.

Yes but surely that decision would be made once we know more about GT6 right? Seems a bit too early to say "Well GT6 will be a disappointment just like GT5 so I won't be buying the console".

Who knows, when GT6 is shown it may seem mind blowing and a lot of people who supposedly didn't care about it will buy it. Of course, it may be disappointing but I just find it strange that people already made that decision and we don't know anything about GT6.

Because console are sold at a loss?

Or perhaps it's because Kaz said they started work on GT6 even before/or straight away after GT5 came out. I forget which.

Either they had a PS4 Dev kit then, in which case where is the PS4 now, or they where developing it on the PS3, in which case they would be throwing away months of development work.

Well assets like cars and tracks can be done on either. So it's very much possible that they started work on it before they knew on which console it will end up.

Last edited:
OHM_fusion
Yes but surely that decision would be made once we know more about GT6 right? Seems a bit too early to say "Well GT6 will be a disappointment just like GT5 so I won't be buying the console".

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I meant that if GT6 is not available to play or view before PS4 launches.
I've read of many around here who claim to have bought a PS3 for GT exclusively. Many moaned about release delays after buying s console when the game wasn't out.

Ultimately I will not be adopting on the chance that GT6 is up to scratch. That's all.

Hey, has the TGS even started yet. The official website says Business days are 20th(Thursday) -21st September and public day on 22nd-23rd, so why does everyone seem disappointed? There's still 2 days for an announcement of some sort.

And IMO, GT6 will be launched on the PS3. Sony just revealed the PS3 Super Slim which means there is still plenty of life left in the PS3. Otherwise they wouldn't have even bothered with a new model. And because there is plenty of life left in the PS3, GT6 will be revealed on it.
Here's a link to the new Super Slim PS3.
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/09/new-sony-ps3-2012-announced/

Generally speaking (GT based) how much time is between the announcement of a game and the release date? I knew with GT5 it was allot of time, but I hope that was an exception. Kazunori Yamauchi said we won't have to wait as long for GT6 as we did for GT5. We're now 2 years on from the release date of GT5 and if we have to wait in total let's say 3,5 years (still very long in my opinion) and the time between announcement and release is 1 year there should be an announcement in the next 6 months? I know Polyphony Digital will be very cautious this time with making promises, but it can't be that they announce it and the next week it is released?

It will come when it will. In fact, I couldn't care less if they keep supporting GT5 but question is if they will do that.

Hey, has the TGS even started yet. The official website says Business days are 20th(Thursday) -21st September and public day on 22nd-23rd, so why does everyone seem disappointed? There's still 2 days for an announcement of some sort.

And IMO, GT6 will be launched on the PS3. Sony just revealed the PS3 Super Slim which means there is still plenty of life left in the PS3. Otherwise they wouldn't have even bothered with a new model. And because there is plenty of life left in the PS3, GT6 will be revealed on it.
Here's a link to the new Super Slim PS3.
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/09/new-sony-ps3-2012-announced/

Sony had a pre-TGS conference this morning and there was no mention of GT6.

I kind of see it the other way. If GT6 is a PS4 title, then they can't really announce it before the PS4 is announced. GT5, for instance, was announced at the same time that the PS3 was announced, at E3 2005. Of course, back then it was just a GT4 with computer rendered graphics... There has been some hints about GT6 being in development, but they can't go and announce it at a game show because then everyone would be asking if it's gonna be on the PS4 and they really can't talk about that until Sony has confirmed that a PS4 is in development.

Of course, it could be a PS3 title and they're just being their normal secret selves...

Back