Tokyo World Tour 5 2019

So, Coque Lopez has been to all five live events, placed in the top four of his semi-final each time and qualified directly to the final without needing a Repechage, and has a worst finish of sixth (one of which was a win ended by a punt).

Paris - 4th, 6th
Nurburgring - 2nd, 6th
New York - 4th, 3rd
Salzburg - 4th, 5th
Tokyo - 2nd, 5th

That's insane form. No other driver has avoided the repechage - Fraga, Hizal, Latkovski, Miyazono, Rubilar... none of them.

https://www.esportsearnings.com/games/434-street-fighter-v

Japanese Street fighter competitors have made $674,000 in tournaments. Please show me this fake law you are talking about.
Country Name Prize Money
1. United States $718,618.52
2. Japan $674,314.00

https://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments/36613-evo-2019-tekken-7

Japanese company Namco's 'Tekken 7' pays its winners- Sony has no excuse. Please show me this fake law you cite.

https://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments/25526-tekken-world-tour-finals

Campcom's Street Fighter Paid $250,000 to the winner of the Capcom Cup. Please show me this fake law you cite.

https://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments/26070-capcom-cup-2017

Hajime "Tokido" Taniguchi is a Japanese Street Fighter game player.
Total Prize Money Earned:
$477,404.40 From 83 Tournaments
https://www.esportsearnings.com/players/1705-tokido-hajime-taniguchi

Capcom Street Fighter:

Tournament Name Prize Money
1. » Capcom Cup 2017 $380,000.00
2. » Capcom Cup 2016 $360,000.00
3. » ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational $250,000.00
4. » Evo 2016 (SFV) $101,070.00
5. » Evo 2017 (SFV) $76,250.00

TOP Winners
1. NuckleDu Du Cong Dang $294,136.23
2. MenaRD Saul Leonardo Mena Segundo $254,417.92
3. Punk Victor Woodley $202,628.00
4. Tokido Hajime, Taniguchi $166,774.50
5. Fuudo Ai, Keita $82,464.00

Sim racers are just more willing to win without getting paid.
Do you know how much cost racing in Formula 3? :D your funny

I'm 2 for 2 on Spa start spins; third time's a charm right? I got started at the very end of the last corner but I put too much throttle and just tossed the car round.

The Fanatec throttle pedal has considerably more travel length than the T-GT, so it's hard to tell where your throttle is on auto-drive, so I went too hot and died. My fault xD

That being said, I lost about 3.5 seconds to Kokubun over the course of that race and had to catch up 17 seconds to Li.

I ended up on the outside of the corner following Pouhon as I got a good exit, and I got run pretty much as wide as possible for the left hander, so I had to turn sharp to make the corner without hitting Li, rode the kerbs too much and the car gave in.

Unfortunate but hey, I keep proving to myself that I have good pace, just ridiculously silly mistakes, so it's something I really need to improve on.

Supra Cup was something else, I was legit bawling for almost half an hour lol

A rear end from Tapai lost me about 1.3 seconds, then the 6 tenth dive from Miyazono into a following dive with contact at turn 1, which allowed Coque through. Coque being on the inside after running wide basically allowed Miyazono back through and my race was done.

I can't express enough just how unfair I felt the Supra Cup was, and it really hurts, even now. As a pad player, I always struggle to get up to speed at these events and I thought that I may be able to score my first (and likely only ever) podium. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Manufacturers was an afterthought, I essentially just cruised on hards and passed a few people in both races. Not ideal tracks for our car.

Also, I would like to sincerely apologize to the Americans. I know it's probably really painful to watch me choke over and over. I really want to be a good representative for our country and I keep letting everyone down, so I'm sorry and I will keep trying to make something good happen.

That Supra race was a demolition derby. Miyazono hit pretty much everyone during the course of the event, so I wouldn't take that personally (I note he has a tendency to try and battle with people who are on softer tyres etc, including taking them on for braking and cornering speed, the resultant contact of which was blamed on a car's understeer on more than one occasion, ignoring his overly optimistic approach). I thought you were on for a podium, too. To have it taken away like that is going to hurt, for sure but I'm not sure you could do anything any different so don't beat yourself up about it.

I guessed you had fallen victim to an issue at the start at Spa and did keep an eye on the gap to see you recover.

I wouldn't put pressure on yourself in terms of representing the Nation. You don't owe anyone anything, you're there on merit, it wasn't crowdfunded!

Hopefully the next one goes better for you.

Snip*
How do the dials work on the TGT, it sounds like you have a dial that is just for fuel mix, so when you move that does the screen change to show fuel mix automatically?
That's correct, it does. Each dial is colour coded the same as the on screen game colours and operates it's own particular function. The yellow dial also operates to change through the MFD when Tourque Distribution (4wd only) is unavailable.

C9OubJbXoAQzNJH.jpg

images.jpg

Okay... I don't know where to post this, in here or the general discussion thread. I kinda don't want to interrupt the ongoing debate(s) about stuff in here, but... eh.

Daiki Kasho was spotted at the event. One of the Japanese players ran into him and took a picture with him. Initially, I thought Daiki was staying at home instead and streaming on YouTube like always (yes, he streams. Check his Twitter account), but guess I was proven wrong.

He's in the third picture, btw. Thanks to a Japanese friend on Twitter for alerting me to this.

Definitely , real damages have to be THE rule . The only way in my opinion for people thinking before putting their car in a dangerous situation for themself and principally for the others.
Otherwise , this game will not have any kind of credibility .
Some GTS moment tonight were just a shame.

I get what you are saying, tougher consequences for being dirty. Problem is (among others) that the "innocent" car on the receiving end gets wrecked to.

Great english commentary overall from @Tom and @Jimmy B, bit rough but getting there, I hope for the full force of the trio (yes, Julia as well) for monaco final.
Good races, shame that the same questionable drivers are still making bad moves, i know the "heat of the moment" but come on, 2 years now, be agressive, don't over do it.
Personaly for me, even though was very fun, I didn't like the F1500 as the final car, for me the Red Bull X should be the one used for nations final.

Well this was a great apart from the JAG Bowling in Semi final A

You could see how tired the commentators were still great commentary but jimmy voice just died of death in nations final amd tom went overdrive after the carraza lunge in Lemans.

Julia outta no where lost her voice that was weird

Weird booth for the english commentary,but i do understand that the japanese booth had priority.

First red flag didnt even know that was a thing in gt sport.

PD seem to be getting faster at updating tracks with wet weather this bodes well for the future.

I get what you are saying, tougher consequences for being dirty. Problem is (among others) that the "innocent" car on the receiving end gets wrecked to.
Of course a different penalty system have to be applied. I don't understand anything about coding but it must be possible to do a fair logical rule for all.
I've thought about something i have in my mind a few monthes ago.
A race story from hell (GT sport penalty system is ridiculous)

Just finished watching the exhibition race and the Nations stream. Wow. Nations was spoiled a bit today by some awful car combos. The Jag VGT was an obvious farce (better served by St. Croix imo) and a wet race is always a lottery (especially on a new track), so it seemed a bit unfair having those as the main races.

The final was amazing, even if it was marred in part by Le Mans' stupid track limits. Also good to know that Tom's going to try to stop saying mega. Can't wait for Monaco.

There's some races that'll happen in Monaco you know.

Fraga chose not to race in Nations either in Salzburg or Tokyo in order to concentrate on Manufacturers.

This strikes me as a bit fishy - in my mind it could be a consequence of New York, when public opinion took a swing against Fraga - he was starting to look like the guy that wins everything by default so he took a lot of criticism for his on-track behaviour (plus lots of allegations of favouritism from PD/Kaz), maybe he personally didn't want to become the FIAGTC 'driver we love to hate'?

I also think it may be orchestrated by the producers of the events, to maintain viewer interest by not having the same guy always in the mix (no disrespect to the other racers meant here). We saw with Brooks' experience that the producers do like to meddle a bit in the interest of the show.

To say he's losing interest in GT sport with his real life racing doesn't wash considering he was actually there at the event for the manufacturers. Or is it that he didn't qualify via the regular FIA races?

Edit- also a word on the event itself, yeah there was some really sloppy stuff going on but some of those races had the most exciting closing laps that we've seen yet - and the commentators did an awesome job expressing it - no doubt at all that their passion is genuine at this stage.

Last edited:
@Tom I'll admit I sometimes give you a hard time for certain pronunciations but I still think you do a great job. All great commentators have their quirks and at the end of the day you and @Jimmy B and Julia did a great job as always.

As for saying "mega" a lot, I can't remember if you said "mega web" at all.
As for saying "Hong Kong China" thanks for clearing up that was a direction from the bosses. (I'm not going into the political debate)

On the whole "last chance to qualify for the world final" again I can see why they want to use that idea to hype it up but in reality all the world final spots have been finalised online. When the world final comes around all the casual viewers will be thinking "wait there are people other than nico, igor, mikail and ryota?" Hopefully there will be a mention of the online qualifying phase but I don't think it ever will be other than a token "these guys are the fastest online, let's see how they go when we put them all in the same room."

Congratulations again to Ryota Kokubun, undefeated at the Mega Web, super happy for you.

Moving forward I will be interested to see what the format of the world final will be. Considering it's 36 people and assuming 12 rigs I'm guessing it could just be 3 semi finals and no repechage, top 4 in each semi final go through.

Edit: there will be another long edit coming

Long edit: As for everyone wondering why Igor wasn't in nations, this is why we need even more explanation of the online points, Igor had limited time for the online championship this year given his IRL racing, but still managed to make his few online races count (because he is that good) he actually didn't qualify for nations world tour tokyo but did qualify for manu as we saw him compete in that for Toyota. I understand that a comprehensive rundown of the online portion during the broadcast is not feasible because it is quite convoluted but I still think there is value in putting a bit of time to explain the situation of why Igor and maybe some others aren't racing in a particular event. The powers that be might be better than me at explaining that because I would have trouble condensing it to a few minutes.

Last edited:
This strikes me as a bit fishy - in my mind it could be a consequence of New York, when public opinion took a swing against Fraga - he was starting to look like the guy that wins everything by default so he took a lot of criticism for his on-track behaviour (plus lots of allegations of favouritism from PD/Kaz), maybe he personally didn't want to become the FIAGTC 'driver we love to hate'?

I also think it may be orchestrated by the producers of the events, to maintain viewer interest by not having the same guy always in the mix (no disrespect to the other racers meant here). We saw with Brooks' experience that the producers do like to meddle a bit in the interest of the show.

To say he's losing interest in GT sport with his real life racing doesn't wash considering he was actually there at the event for the manufacturers. Or is it that he didn't qualify via the regular FIA races?

Edit- also a word on the event itself, yeah there was some really sloppy stuff going on but some of those races had the most exciting closing laps that we've seen yet - and the commentators did an awesome job expressing it - no doubt at all that their passion is genuine at this stage.

Igor stopped playing online the Nations Cup events after he won it in Nurburgring so this doesn't make any sense.

He also most likely won't stop playing. He's a GTS embassador.

Had the privilege of watching this one live at the Megaweb. GTS look and sounds even better in a movie theater kind of set up. The event was awesome as always and it was fun to meet the stars of my region.

I couldn’t stay for the races on the first day but was glad that I found the time to catch the final race of Nations. What a fun race with another epic ending that was. Great duel between Carrazza and Kokubun and the divebomb (thought it was quite a clean divebomb, if that’s even possible) at the last turn was the icing of the cake. A great show for viewers and, imo, a happy ending as the local crowd could see a japanese driver winning at their home.

For people commenting about Igor not racing Nations anymore, not only he’s been busy with his rl career but he’s living in Europe and racing in the South American schedule. Doesn’t seem reasonable to expect him racing the two championships now, especially considering he’s already at the final. BTW, he seems to be a small celebrity in the japanese GTS community. Very charismatic guy, humble and kind. Maybe bad timing will never make him an esports millionaire, but he has the traits of a champion.

Was also nice to see Fanatec wheels being used. Didn't seem to me like the guys had any problem with the change.

I had an immense amount of trouble initially. The throttle pedal is much longer than on the T-GT, and so, combined with the nonlinear throttle, makes for a really tough adjustment period.

The feedback was good, but I could certainly feel the lack of the transducer that the T-GT has. Once I got it down though, I still enjoyed it. It's very likely a better wheel for everything outside of GT, but it's no replacement for the T-GT within the game.

Big thanks to Fanatec though, their representative was a real stand up guy.

I've tried to watch every one of these events in the past year, when I've been able to, though I generally don't get to catch them live. But when the first semi-final was restarted in the Nations Event, it was an instant turn-off. What if a real-life series had a start where several of the top guys were taken out by a first lap accident; and the sanctioning body were to step in and say, "Right, our star drivers aren't happy with what happened. Therefore, we're letting them get out their backup cars and giving them back their starting positions so we can have the race they want to have."

Literally the only example I can think of this happening for real was in a NASCAR All-Star race, and even then it was a non-championship points paying event.

I like what they're trying to accomplish with these events, and I continue to be a big fan of Tom and Jimmer. But when it feels less like a virtual motorsport and more like "Fortnite with Racing Wheels", it doesn't make me want to take time out of my day to sit and watch.

I've tried to watch every one of these events in the past year, when I've been able to, though I generally don't get to catch them live. But when the first semi-final was restarted in the Nations Event, it was an instant turn-off. What if a real-life series had a start where several of the top guys were taken out by a first lap accident; and the sanctioning body were to step in and say, "Right, our star drivers aren't happy with what happened. Therefore, we're letting them get out their backup cars and giving them back their starting positions so we can have the race they want to have."

That is not what happened though - it was nothing to do with what happened on track, but an issue with the game (according to Tom/Jimmy). I guess more comparable to a real life race being stopped because a naked guy ran onto the track protesting.

Literally the only example I can think of this happening for real was in a NASCAR All-Star race, and even then it was a non-championship points paying event.

I like what they're trying to accomplish with these events, and I continue to be a big fan of Tom and Jimmer. But when it feels less like a virtual motorsport and more like "Fortnite with Racing Wheels", it doesn't make me want to take time out of my day to sit and watch.

That and the lack of credibility concerning judgements, the portuguese driver was just puted out of the supra cup race when we was in a safe 4rd place and only 1 second penalty given to the driver in question, actually were 2 drivers involved that at least deserved a 2 seconds penalty for each so the affected portuguese driver could at least have a chance to recover places to be able to enter recap.

More fun it´s that the italian driver that ruined his race in all other races was receving numerous small penaltys wich means he have tendency to incidents and no one even mention that shame of the first race and the fact of so many acumalated nonsense penaltys that have no effect in dirty driving, dunno if the same ridicolous penalty/s would be apllied to that driver if any other top driver got affected .

Last edited:
For me, what should have been a climax as far as world tour locales is concerned turned out to be a very bad experience that i am going to have a hard time trying to forget.

I can deal with being punted off track at every single world tour if it means i get to at least enjoy the location, which was near impossible due to the cramped schedule, as well as being the last competitor to land. (as well as not getting an extra day on the end like in Salzburg, which was an amazing tour by the way). I can somewhat accept this though, as this is just how the cookie crumbles, and the events themselves are a priviledge and expensive to run.

I ended up being involved in a 3 wide situation half a lap into my manufacturers stint, where i was sent into the wall, ending any chance i had at a good stint in about 50 seconds.

Nations is what broke me down the most.

I started in 3rd, being taken out in the turn 1 disaster, getting sent down to 7th. Within two laps, i was in the zone amd was able to climb back into 3rd, while also pulling a slight gap from Carrazza in 4th. Then the race is red flagged and restarted.

Halfway through lap 1 while in second place and challenging for the lead, I get punted at the slow left, spinning me around and ending my race in less than a minute. At this point, i could barely even bring myself to control the car, and finishing this race without quitting and letting out tears was probably one of the hardest thing i've ever had to force myself to do (i had to finish it because i was warned about possibly not being invited to future WTs back when i quit the race where i was completely screwed in Germany)

Despite the fact that I have had the worst luck out of anybody who has participated in the world tour events this year, I have been able to find positives and enjoyment in all of them, and I am still grateful for getting to spend time with one of the best groups of people I have met.

But this tour was different. Enough is enough. I had ruined what was a very good shot at winning the Nations cup, and next to no time to enjoy this beautiful country (which I dreamed of visiting) at places other than the hotel and the event venue. If not for a great group of competitors to spend time with, I would be leaving this event with absolutely no positive memories whatsoever.

Sorry for sounding so negative, but this is getting ridiculous, and is starting to get to my head. Flying 13 hours and wasting 5 days just for the same uncontrollable fate, One tour of misfortune after another, and another... I really don't want to be a pawn anymore, I don't know what I did to deserve this, it's terrible, I have no words :(

Last edited:
A lot to digest on my end but being in Tokyo as a guest turned out to be a huge blessing. I cannot express enough how grateful I am to be allowed to share this experience. The small disappointment in not competing was far outweighed by the amount of time I had to enjoy Tokyo. I only wish my fellow competitors had the same degree of freedom. Megaweb crowd was quite enthusiastic although the general area was rather tight in space. And hot!

Even if it's not for a Tour, I want to revisit Japan.
For me, what should have been a climax as far as world tour locales is concerned turned out to be a very bad experience that i am going to have a hard time trying to forget.

I can deal with being punted off track at every single world tour if it means i get to at least enjoy the location, which was near impossible due to the cramped schedule, as well as being the last competitor to land. (as well as not getting an extra day on the end like in Salzburg, which was an amazing tour by the way). I can somewhat accept this though, as this is just how the cookie crumbles, and the events themselves are a priviledge and expensive to run.

I ended up being involved in a 3 wide situation half a lap into my manufacturers stint, where i was sent into the wall, ending any chance i had at a good stint in about 50 seconds.

Nations is what broke me down the most.

I started in 3rd, being taken out in the turn 1 disaster, getting sent down to 7th. Within two laps, i was in the zone amd was able to climb back into 3rd, while also pulling a slight gap from Carrazza in 4th. Then the race is red flagged and restarted.

Halfway through lap 1 while in second place and challenging for the lead, I get punted at the slow left, spinning me around and ending my race in less than a minute. At this point, i could barely even bring myself to control the car, and finishing this race without quitting and letting out tears was probably one of the hardest thing i've ever had to force myself to do (i had to finish it because i was warned about possibly not being invited to future WTs back when i quit the race where i was completely screwed in Germany)

Despite the fact that I have had the worst luck out of anybody who has participated in the world tour events this year, I have been able to find positives and enjoyment in all of them, and I am still grateful for getting to spend time with one of the best groups of people I have met.

But this tour was different. Enough is enough. I had ruined what was a very good shot at winning the Nations cup, and next to no time to enjoy this beautiful country at places other than the hotel and the event venue. If not for a great group of competitors to spend time with, I would be leaving this event with absolutely no positive memories whatsoever.

Sorry for sounding so negative, but this is getting ridiculous, and is starting to get to my head. Flying 13 hours and wasting 5 days just for the same uncontrollable fate, One tour of misfortune after another, and another... I really don't want to be a pawn anymore, I don't know what I did to deserve this, it's terrible, I have no words :(
I can only hope this crazy amount of misfortune is balanced out by one big special moment. Please, racing gods, allow it to happen!

I had an immense amount of trouble initially. The throttle pedal is much longer than on the T-GT, and so, combined with the nonlinear throttle, makes for a really tough adjustment period.

The feedback was good, but I could certainly feel the lack of the transducer that the T-GT has. Once I got it down though, I still enjoyed it. It's very likely a better wheel for everything outside of GT, but it's no replacement for the T-GT within the game.

Big thanks to Fanatec though, their representative was a real stand up guy.

Nice feedback there. :cheers: Would like to hear a lot more opinions between T-GT vs CSL from the guys who obviously have immense amounts of experience behind a wheel. Would be very usefull for the community.:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Don´t need race gods only real damage enable so when incidentes happens people ho bump get penalysed for real and have to pit to repair, there where a lot of bad incidents that penalised drivers like Salazar and Coque that was just ingnored by the majority and the only one penalised where the victims, deafsun was just another victim of how bad driving ruin others experience, thats top world events not daily races.

If incidents only relies on apllying penaltys there will always be flaws in judgement, penalty system sucks and human judgment fail aswell, damage exist ingame has a complement and make no choices if you crash you take damage no more no less and it´s equal for everyone, for shure the final results of every race in that event could had other contenders.

Last edited:
Every other race was great with manu being the cleanest event yet.The Jag VGT with Sardegna was a terrible combo,car doesnt seem to be nimble and its too fast,a drag car racing around a tricky track.

From detail page of gran-turismo.com , WF will be Nov.23-24 two days event. (Last change: Jul. 29)
From Nations Cup Youtube, WF will be Nov.22-24 three days event.
I think something is changed.

Edit: On 2018 World Final, 1st day and 3rd day were Nations Cup and 2nd day was Manufacturer Series. So I think 2019 WF will be same.

Last edited:
Back