Tokyo World Tour 5 2019

As someone who support the whole HK protest situation i am going to say to ignore Jay.

Nobody talked about the whole thing last world tour and we had 2 players from HK, people are just taking advantage to be negative.

So yeah i do understand it was done for obvious political reasons and people should have noticed it from Taiwan's flag as well like years.

Edit: good commentary overall, i don't know if you should overuse Mega, it was getting hysterical hilarious but both you and Jimmy need some water after those intense racing moments

Thanks for this. Made a note of mega too. It’s quite hard to notice it when you’re in the moment but it’s very obvious when watching back - I’ll use some synonyms for the future.

Definitely , real damages have to be THE rule . The only way in my opinion for people thinking before putting their car in a dangerous situation for themself and principally for the others.
Otherwise , this game will not have any kind of credibility .
Some GTS moment tonight were just a shame.

So why was the kid in the U18 Race allowed to use his DS4? That’s bull, they never let anyone else use them in WT Events.

Different series, different rules. Imo, it makes sense that they would be okay with U18 players using the controller, as it's a lot more common for younger players to not have a wheel for a variety of reasons.
Pretty much this. Although part of the events at Tokyo, the All-Japan U18 Championship is a different series - consider it a support event, like GP2/F3 compared to F1. It allows for different rules, stewarding, machinery, and so on.

Amazingly fun race to watch. Maybe Hizal and Fraga would actually compete harder if there was an actual incentive to win a GT Sport race other than a free watch, t shirt and hat from advertisers. No Hizal no Fraga in the final very strange. I'm guessing Fraga will be quitting GT Sport next season.

Amazingly fun race to watch. Maybe Hizal and Fraga would actually compete harder if there was an actual incentive to win a GT Sport race other than a free watch, t shirt and hat from advertisers. No Hizal no Fraga in the final very strange. I'm guessing Fraga will be quitting GT Sport next season.
Hizal and Fraga qualified for the final in Monaco over the last two races. They’ll be there.

Pretty much this. Although part of the events at Tokyo, the All-Japan U18 Championship is a different series - consider it a support event, like GP2/F3 compared to F1. It allows for different rules, stewarding, machinery, and so on.

Oh, I thought the main reason for not allowing DS4’s was because they didn’t want them being seen on camera? Which happened in the U18 Race. Either way I’d be at least a little sour if I was a DS4 user who’s forced to use a wheel at a these events only to see these guys being allowed to use them.

Can you please stop with the message of "they should get paid"? We get it.

Oh, I thought the main reason for not allowing DS4’s was because they didn’t want them being seen on camera? Which happened in the U18 Race. Either way I’d be at least a little sour if I was a DS4 user who’s forced to use a wheel at a these events only to see these guys being allowed to use them.

It does strike me as odd given that when you buy a PS4, that's what you get. Unless they don't want to see people with DS4 beating people with Wheels and pedals from the sales perspective of Thrustmaster/Fanatec?

I thought Solis did a great job with the wheel, though not 100% sure what happened at the start in Spa - I suspect he fell victim of the game starting him in the bus stop and firing him off as soon as the race started, but that's a guess.

Some people are just unlucky and seem to get taken out in every race.

Just noticed this in the manufacturers race

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191027_144345_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_20191027_144345_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 65
Imagine if Lewis Hamilton had to win only one race to qualify for the championship in Monaco, then only have to show up to Monaco to actually win the championship. Not very sporting if you ask me. Plus Igor already competed in the manufacturers race yesterday. Why didn't he compete in the nations cup?

Imagine if Lewis Hamilton had to win only one race to qualify for the championship in Monaco, then only have to show up to Monaco to actually win the championship. Not very sporting if you ask me.
There's some races that'll happen in Monaco you know.
Plus Igor already competed in the manufacturers race yesterday. Why didn't he compete in the nations cup?
He chose not to race in Nations either in Salzburg or Tokyo in order to concentrate on Manufacturers.

Let's say that the dive bomb in the last corner of the race had ended up taking out the winner of the race.. Then how we would we feel about it? Because that was the real risk Carrazza took with that frankly stupid move.

And I am disappointed that the stewards didn't at least issue a warning to him. Those kind of things need to be stopped before they become part of every game..

The F1500 was a great choice and it's a joy to see our usual alien like racers having their hands full with a car like that. Great addition!

The forced tire use is also a great addition to the format. Whatever that helps put fair but unknown variables into the races makes them more exciting to watch and race I guess?

I hope we get a final in Monte Carlo without a . To a certain degree it's OK that the qualifying events are less forgiven when it comes to the races. After all there is more than one event to compete in.

With the final event of the year we crown the best driver of the season. So more races with points to earn would IMHO give us a more fair winner of everything.

He chose not to race in Nations either in Salzburg or Tokyo in order to concentrate on Manufacturers.
Igor Fraga has one foot out the door of GT Sport already. Not much incentive for him to race anymore. He said he barely even practices for GT Sport- only for real life racing now.

I noticed there was little to no mention over the broadcasts this weekend about fuel saving or fuel mixture during the races. Did they use lower fuel consumption settings than normal because of the Fanatec wheels don't have the quick controls/dials for that stuff like the TGT has? They’d have to scroll through the menus mid flight with that wheel, vs having a dial for each on the TGT, making it harder to do so mid race.

I noticed there was little to no mention over the broadcasts this weekend about fuel saving or fuel mixture during the races. Did they use lower fuel consumption settings than normal because of the Fanatec wheels don't have the quick controls/dials for that stuff like the TGT has? They’d have to scroll through the menus mid flight with that wheel, vs having a dial for each on the TGT, making it harder to do so mid race.
I doubt it is the case. They have seen that heavy fuel saving races kinda get boring.
You can still race while shortshifting as you've seen the fuel difference between Carrazza and Kokubun in the finals, fuel plan still exists but it is not too heavy

Certainly, with the CSL Elite P1 wheel, I don't regard it as viable to adjust fuel mixture frequently, as there's too much risk of moving it in the wrong direction and changing something else, which then distracts you while you try to fix it, and in trying to fix it you risk even more changes that weren't what you intended. How do the dials work on the TGT, it sounds like you have a dial that is just for fuel mix, so when you move that does the screen change to show fuel mix automatically? I've wondered if this would be better with Fanatec with the Formula V2 wheel, does anyone know what possibilities that opens up in terms of using the rotary encoders it has?

You obviously just decided to ignore the previous post which pointed out it is ILLEGAL to pay cash prizes for a gaming competition in Japan. That also applies in other countries which is why they are not included in the Nations Cup.

Can you confirm that you wish Sony to break the law then....? Just so it's clear to everyone. If not, then I'll just quote this post every time you post the same message until you confirm...

On topic, I didn't see the races yet, but it's worrying that with almost every event, the main topic of conversations on here seems to be bad/reckless driving and not about the winners or race.

The Semi-final A was quite a catastrophe. Never saw anything like that. Good call to restart. And then even with the restart there were some unfortunate collisions.
But what a final race and finish. Very exciting. Cheers to all. Always great to see these events.

You obviously just decided to ignore the previous post which pointed out it is ILLEGAL to pay cash prizes for a gaming competition in Japan. That also applies in other countries which is why they are not included in the Nations Cup.

Can you confirm that you wish Sony to break the law then....? Just so it's clear to everyone. If not, then I'll just quote this post every time you post the same message until you confirm....

https://www.esportsearnings.com/games/434-street-fighter-v

Japanese Street fighter competitors have made $674,000 in tournaments. Please show me this fake law you are talking about.
Country Name Prize Money
1. United States $718,618.52
2. Japan $674,314.00

https://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments/36613-evo-2019-tekken-7

Japanese company Namco's 'Tekken 7' pays its winners- Sony has no excuse. Please show me this fake law you cite.

https://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments/25526-tekken-world-tour-finals

Campcom's Street Fighter Paid $250,000 to the winner of the Capcom Cup. Please show me this fake law you cite.

https://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments/26070-capcom-cup-2017

Hajime "Tokido" Taniguchi is a Japanese Street Fighter game player.
Total Prize Money Earned:
$477,404.40 From 83 Tournaments
https://www.esportsearnings.com/players/1705-tokido-hajime-taniguchi

Capcom Street Fighter:

Tournament Name Prize Money
1. » Capcom Cup 2017 $380,000.00
2. » Capcom Cup 2016 $360,000.00
3. » ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational $250,000.00
4. » Evo 2016 (SFV) $101,070.00
5. » Evo 2017 (SFV) $76,250.00

TOP Winners
1. NuckleDu Du Cong Dang $294,136.23
2. MenaRD Saul Leonardo Mena Segundo $254,417.92
3. Punk Victor Woodley $202,628.00
4. Tokido Hajime, Taniguchi $166,774.50
5. Fuudo Ai, Keita $82,464.00

Sim racers are just more willing to win without getting paid.

Last edited:
https://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments/36613-evo-2019-tekken-7

Japanese company Namco's 'Tekken 7' pays its winners- Sony has no excuse. Please show me this fake law you cite.

https://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments/25526-tekken-world-tour-finals
I clicked on the link and the first thing I saw was:

"Location: Las Vegas, Nevada."

Do some actual research before wasting our time with this discussion.

And based on your edits, you clearly don't see a distinction between games made in Japan and tournaments held outside of Japan.

Last edited:
Happy that Kokubun won. He deserved it. More than others in my opinion.

I used to enjoy watching the top drivers showcase their skills at these events. Not so much lately.

When I watch motorsports I love watching the skill at the highest speeds because I know their lives are on the line. Watching people knocking each other off the road because there is no consequence gets old.

I clicked on the link and the first thing I saw was:

"Location: Las Vegas, Nevada."

Do some actual research before wasting our time with this discussion.

And based on your edits, you clearly don't see a distinction between games made in Japan and tournaments held outside of Japan.

To be fair, the other GT Sport World Tours weren't in Japan, we even had one in New York, so he kinda has a point actually.

However, we shouldn't really be discussing this here, a separate thread would be more appropriate.

Last edited:
I'm 2 for 2 on Spa start spins; third time's a charm right? I got started at the very end of the last corner but I put too much throttle and just tossed the car round.

The Fanatec throttle pedal has considerably more travel length than the T-GT, so it's hard to tell where your throttle is on auto-drive, so I went too hot and died. My fault xD

That being said, I lost about 3.5 seconds to Kokubun over the course of that race and had to catch up 17 seconds to Li.

I ended up on the outside of the corner following Pouhon as I got a good exit, and I got run pretty much as wide as possible for the left hander, so I had to turn sharp to make the corner without hitting Li, rode the kerbs too much and the car gave in.

Unfortunate but hey, I keep proving to myself that I have good pace, just ridiculously silly mistakes, so it's something I really need to improve on.

Supra Cup was something else, I was legit bawling for almost half an hour lol

A rear end from Tapai lost me about 1.3 seconds, then the 6 tenth dive from Miyazono into a following dive with contact at turn 1, which allowed Coque through. Coque being on the inside after running wide basically allowed Miyazono back through and my race was done.

I can't express enough just how unfair I felt the Supra Cup was, and it really hurts, even now. As a pad player, I always struggle to get up to speed at these events and I thought that I may be able to score my first (and likely only ever) podium. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Manufacturers was an afterthought, I essentially just cruised on hards and passed a few people in both races. Not ideal tracks for our car.

Also, I would like to sincerely apologize to the Americans. I know it's probably really painful to watch me choke over and over. I really want to be a good representative for our country and I keep letting everyone down, so I'm sorry and I will keep trying to make something good happen.

Last edited:
Let's say that the dive bomb in the last corner of the race had ended up taking out the winner of the race.. Then how we would we feel about it? Because that was the real risk Carrazza took with that frankly stupid move.

And I am disappointed that the stewards didn't at least issue a warning to him. Those kind of things need to be stopped before they become part of every game..

The F1500 was a great choice and it's a joy to see our usual alien like racers having their hands full with a car like that. Great addition!

The forced tire use is also a great addition to the format. Whatever that helps put fair but unknown variables into the races makes them more exciting to watch and race I guess?

I hope we get a final in Monte Carlo without a . To a certain degree it's OK that the qualifying events are less forgiven when it comes to the races. After all there is more than one event to compete in.

With the final event of the year we crown the best driver of the season. So more races with points to earn would IMHO give us a more fair winner of everything.
There could have been an in person verbal warning, we'll have no idea whatsoever though

Latest Posts

Back