Tom Clancy's The Division 2

• Thread starter Phoenix
  • 257 comments
Got one thing to say: endgame is beautiful, especially compared to TD1 and other loot-shooters (you know who you are). So much to do with a dynamic map, really liking it. Making gear/weapon combos, recalibrating, etc., oh boy is this going to be a timesink. :lol: The strongholds are pretty fun, so it's good to know there will be additional ones.

So...what happens when you fail a bounty after you complete projects? Can you not do it again?
Not this one, but there will be many others like it. Don't worry about it, I died during a few (usually due to being too cocky) as well. There's plenty more to go around. :D

I played some TD2 yesterday and was just roaming around.

Found a group of enemies, so I thought I should clear them out. Turned out to be a couple more waves of them.

Was not until a RPG flew over my head I realized I had wandered into a bounty boss. :scared:

Didn't see the timer until at the very end. Funny plot twist to my casual roaming. :lol:

I have to say though. This game is not as polished as it seems. There are loads of places where your character gets stuck in the ground, elevator, escalators or other things. Some places you even teleport back and forth, both horizontally and vertically. Hopefully it gets better.

Only 15 hours and just reached level 15 here, and from what people say, the best is yet to come. :dopey:

D2JEPEDW0AYdB4z

Deer was interested in my **** loot :lol:

Some of them just don’t care. I had one standing to the side watching me in a gun battle with a small group. Walked up to after and it just stared at my, breathing hard with its mouth open :lol:

Well, it *is* a lawless jungle...

Well, it *is* a lawless jungle...
These animals are ruthless

Friend was well enough last night, so he'll catch on quick. He's used to taking things slow and thinking about it so he'll be able to adjust. Scaling was definitely odd last night though, to say the least. There were times where he was fine, but then there where times where he'd get melee rushed and go down with one swing. Main Missions is where he faced the most issues, but the open world wasn't as bad.

Probably wont be on tonight, but definitely will tomorrow, as well as the majority of the weekend.

Which of you are playing on the Xbox? Anyone interested in starting up a clan? I did one just to see what it's about, but couldn't think of a good name so I just picked the artist to the song I was currently listening to - which was The Uncluded. Not terrible but the acronym just didn't look appealing to me lol.

I've also started up a clan. On PC. [Not trying to hijack your attention ImaRobot] :P

So if anyone is interested in a casual gaming experience, where we laugh, do raids and general banter, just message me here or in a PM.

I considered starting a GTP clan on Xbox, yeah.
There's really not enough to warrant it a GTP clan to be honest. I just started one because I know a couple of my friends were going to get the game, and I notice at least two others from GTP are playing too, not counting us, so I figured we'd just set something up if everyone's not already in one. I'll likely just keep the name of the one I already made and likely invite my friend I was playing with last night in the mean time.

I'm kind of sad that there doesn't really seem to be as many drops for cosmetic items as there was in TD1, even for regular normal clothing. I hope they increase it.

I'm kind of sad that there doesn't really seem to be as many drops for cosmetic items as there was in TD1, even for regular normal clothing. I hope they increase it.
It's a bit disappointing really, even if it's not that big an issue. Since my last post on the subject I've gotten maybe 3 pairs of sunglasses, and two shoes.

It's a bit disappointing really, even if it's not that big an issue. Since my last post on the subject I've gotten maybe 3 pairs of sunglasses, and two shoes.

I've also gotten mostly boots and shades.

I mean, more often then not, I am wearing the Park Ranger or Honor Guard outfit...but still, it kind of sucks that they seem to be railroading people into buying costumes with real money.

It would be nice if Ubisoft had brought back that little shop where you could buy daily camos and clothing items like in TD1.

I've also gotten mostly boots and shades.

I mean, more often then not, I am wearing the Park Ranger or Honor Guard outfit...but still, it kind of sucks that they seem to be railroading people into buying costumes with real money.

It would be nice if Ubisoft had brought back that little shop where you could buy daily camos and clothing items like in TD1.
Wasn't that shop unlocked late in the campaign though? I haven't gotten to end game yet so I'm not sure what opens up from there. Either way, yeah, you can tell that they're trying to get a push for the microtransactions.

Hopefully they were a matching pair! My PC is back from repair tomorrow so after a week of no gaming I can finally jump back in.

If anybody needs help with finding the supply crates that are in trees, here is a good resource:

Oh, and you're supposed to shoot them to have them drop their goodies. Took me a hell of a long time to figure that out, haha.

These animals are ruthless

Friend was well enough last night, so he'll catch on quick. He's used to taking things slow and thinking about it so he'll be able to adjust. Scaling was definitely odd last night though, to say the least. There were times where he was fine, but then there where times where he'd get melee rushed and go down with one swing. Main Missions is where he faced the most issues, but the open world wasn't as bad.

Probably wont be on tonight, but definitely will tomorrow, as well as the majority of the weekend.
The patch that forced the servers to restart just now should be addressing all scaling issues.

For anyone wishing there were more cosmetic items, I'd say just keep pushing. I pushed through 3 or so levels tonight to 20 and have now started getting more skins/dyes as I progress. I've been more heavily focused on building the skill power as well; some of the mods are very difficult to build for unless you don't care about sacrificing health and armor. I dropped from 400 to high 100s just because all the loot I was getting was so focused on armor/health and attributes that they became too good to put aside as I wasn't really having any trouble with the enemies; my G63/M4/Mk 17 (whichever the game constantly dropped for me to upgrade from) & 2 stable LMGs (finally) pretty much cut through most. Couple identical vendor items though to what I have, boosted my skills back up to mid-200s and my armor as well. They've said they'll be tooling with the skill power so, the mods I have for my turret/drone will hopefully be reach, as I've gotten close to some of the requirements.

I am admittedly finally finishing up the first half of the map before going towards the campus settlement, so I'm eager to see how my build goes through with the Outcasts & Black Tusks later on.

The patch that forced the servers to restart just now should be addressing all scaling issues.
Played this weekend quite a few hours with my mate, he at 16, me at 30 and it worked just fine. Keeping fingers crossed it's all fixed. 👍

I think it was actually addressed sometime last week, it seemed like it was running fine all weekend.

As for skill score, I think anything under Endgame, it's basically useless. You don't even get close to enough points from the armor, and if you do, you end up gimping yourself more than necessary. If I want to even make a dent on my skill power, I'd have to lose somewhere around 50-60% elite damage that's combined from various armor pieces. It's not worth the tradeoff at this point.

46741256854_ff798df676_c.jpg

46741258434_a6b77816f1_c.jpg

47464498841_84abbe878f_c.jpg

The games photomode is pretty good. I wasn't expecting there to be so many options.

Last edited:
Hell, if I'm completely honest, gear score in the main game is pointless up to a certain point for me at least, much like it was in TD1. Better just to upgrade based on which gear score is straight up better, until you hit about level 20 or so, or until the point where the gear drops change to consistently blue and purple drops.

I think it was actually addressed sometime last week, it seemed like it was running fine all weekend.

As for skill score, I think anything under Endgame, it's basically useless. You don't even get close to enough points from the armor, and if you do, you end up gimping yourself more than necessary. If I want to even make a dent on my skill power, I'd have to lose somewhere around 50-60% elite damage that's combined from various armor pieces. It's not worth the tradeoff at this point.
Yes, sadly, I learned that as well after 15 levels. The amount of armor/health I've passed over trying to get a balanced gear to use some of the mods is a kick in the groin; I've kept a few low level mods just in case for when they get around to doing something as they've said they will. It seems otherwise, the best way to use your skills effectively is to stack cooldown reduction pieces.

Level 28 so far after 30 hours or so. Other than a few audio glitches and one frame rate drop, the game has been pretty solid. Looking forward to the end game. I enjoy how difficult it can be, I hope they don’t dumb it down.

Level 28 so far after 30 hours or so. Other than a few audio glitches and one frame rate drop, the game has been pretty solid. Looking forward to the end game. I enjoy how difficult it can be, I hope they don’t dumb it down.
I've had two crashes so far, but that was very early on.

What's stopping me right now is a glitch that wont let me complete a mission. I need to reactivate the SHD network but the interact option disappears as soon as I get to the basement. I've seen work arounds of having a person host the round that has not completed said mission, and it should work - it didn't. UBIsoft recommended this other work around - restarting the whole game and completing everything all over agian. **** that, I'm already 30 hours in.

There's one more work around I need to try, and if that doesn't work, I'll just have to hope it gets patched soon.

I still get confused at how little credits I get for selling stuff. :P

In The Division 1 you'd get like 450 000 credits for selling 1 gear piece item... In The Division 2 you get like 80 credits for selling a high end item. :lol:

I still get confused at how little credits I get for selling stuff. :P

In The Division 1 you'd get like 450 000 credits for selling 1 gear piece item... In The Division 2 you get like 80 credits for selling a high end item. :lol:

I can see why. By the time I was chewing through the Underground/Last Stand portions of TD1 a few months ago, I was bathing in credits. Close to a million. I guess that comes with the dropping of vendor prices significantly. Seems like the highest I've seen is a thousand to about 1500.

I can see why. By the time I was chewing through the Underground/Last Stand portions of TD1 a few months ago, I was bathing in credits. Close to a million. I guess that comes with the dropping of vendor prices significantly. Seems like the highest I've seen is a thousand to about 1500.
It'll become more later on, but still quite affordable.

Haha yeah!

Having being spoiled with 850+ million credits in Division 1, it certainly seems ridiculous to go down to 500-1500 credits pr item. But i've yet to purchase any item. I guess that might change when hitting end-game and beyond. :odd: :lol:

Back