Tom Clancy's The Division 2

• Thread starter Phoenix
  • 257 comments
And I still haven't done the Dark Hours raid. :boggled:

Me neither and it’s very unlikely that I do to be honest. Not enough friends that play, and they also aren’t even at the required level, let alone World Tier lol.

Have tried the raid exactly once (at launch, didn't make it past the first boss :lol:). Since it's the same type of raid like in Destiny 2, I'll pass as it's not my type of content. I am totally ok with it being in the game though, just not my thing. I'm really looking forward to the expeditions, which seem to be more like a modular type of (large) Strongholds. Gimme more Strongholds like Tidal Basin please. 👍

Me neither and it’s very unlikely that I do to be honest. Not enough friends that play, and they also aren’t even at the required level, let alone World Tier lol.
Yeah, same.

Most of the friends that I played with in TD1 have moved on to other games. Or just plays TD2 casually.

Yeah, same.

Most of the friends that I played with in TD1 have moved on to other games. Or just plays TD2 casually.
Most of the peeps in my friends list are either off-the-grid or playing Rainbow Six Siege or Wildlands.

Until they change how the raid works, most people will never play it. I'd like to give it a go just to get the Exotic AR, but that's it. I played Heroic for the first time and it's easily managable for me, personally so I'd like to tackle the raid's difficulty. I feel I've got a decent, tanky build with 280K armor, 70-80K health, and 1900 skill. I always keep patience and unstoppable force, and then build into either AR/weapon damage or Elite damage. I managed a near 800 skill power & a 34 elite damage attributes as well that I always transfer over which have me at 492 now. I see so many guys at 500 but they haven't taken any time to actually build & keep useful talents/perks. It's worth waiting for good pieces to compliment your builds....

I like the changes done to specs. in the new update. Some perks are still unique to each class, but you can boost points into different weapons now, up to 3 I believe, so I can now run Survivor with an AR, LMG, & SMG bonuses. The minigun seems pretty cool, more than likely needs all its damage boost though to be really effective. I think it's only 35K DMG base. But, it's fun and it can chew up enemy armor at worst. Nice to see them address when you'll get a spec. ammo drop as well so it's not random. I felt I was getting them more than enough than now, but I know some people felt they rarely got the drops as well, so it's a nice balance. This update also doesn't include what I believe is being tested in PTS, nerfs to the crossbow & grenade launcher and a boost to TAC-50. Honestly, just boost the TAC-50 and be done with it. The crossbow still requires 2-3 good hits to take down a boss where the team can wipe them out and the grenade launcher really only cheeses below Challenge which you can mow down everything really with any weapon that has over 600 RPM or a 30K+ DMG rifle.

The requirements to unlock the minigun are pretty good as well, imo. I technically already have it, but there's cosmetic perks you get for doing the field research. 5 levels, each with 4 tasks. Not hard, a bit time consuming so far. But it does force you to switch up your style a bit like beating 5 public executions with a marksman rifle or 5 propaganda outposts with a shotgun only.

Last edited:
The requirements to unlock the minigun are pretty good as well, imo. I technically already have it, but there's cosmetic perks you get for doing the field research. 5 levels, each with 4 tasks. Not hard, a bit time consuming so far. But it does force you to switch up your style a bit like beating 5 public executions with a marksman rifle or 5 propaganda outposts with a shotgun only.
People are foaming at the mouth over that. :lol:
What I don't get is why people cry for more stuff to do. More variety. More challenging stuff. And more.

Then Massive gives more of most of it, and people complain about that too..... :banghead:

For people in general:
Challenges with rewards are there for those who want too and, to some extent, manages too.

You don't want too? Fine, do something else. You can't do it? Well, you can. Everything is possible in the game (unless bugged). Some things are skill related, some time consuming, some require great teamwork. But still possible.

Not pointing fingers at any of you guys here, but people need to stop complaining. Massive does a massive job at adjusting, adding and changing stuff in a huge game. If theres something i've learned from TD1, it's that Massive do listen to community feedback and make adjustments. And they've done alot of that so far in TD2 too. :dopey:

Half-rant over! :lol:

New patch (and Episode 1 content) on the PTS since today. New content looks to be great. Changes to skills look very nice as well. Been working with a turret/cluster mine build and it's absolute carnage. :D

So, how's everyone (if anyone :lol:) enjoying Title Update 5 and Episode 1? Personally having a blast (pun) with my Explosive/Seeker build and now working on a Turret/Drone build. Good stuff! 👍

So, how's everyone (if anyone :lol:) enjoying Title Update 5 and Episode 1? Personally having a blast (pun) with my Explosive/Seeker build and now working on a Turret/Drone build. Good stuff! 👍
Just got back from a 3 week vacation without PC, so its gonna be good to get back online. :sly:

Just got back from a 3 week vacation without PC, so its gonna be good to get back online. :sly:
There's lots of new goodies with TU5, the new content is fun and the changes to skills and the new BTSU gloves to go with them are absolutely insane. 👍

There's lots of new goodies with TU5, the new content is fun and the changes to skills and the new BTSU gloves to go with them are absolutely insane. 👍
Sounds promising.

Hopefully its not all about skill builds now though. I've spent alot of time trying to balance a stopping power and decent health/armor build. :lol:

Sounds promising.

Hopefully its not all about skill builds now though. I've spent alot of time trying to balance a stopping power and decent health/armor build. :lol:
Gun builds are powerful as ever. I do expect a nerf to Destructive incoming though. No other talent/attribute is as easy to get to +120%

Thats explosive damage right?

Insane if you can buff it well over 120%. :dunce:

Yes, you can roll Destructive on every gear piece, so that's 6x20 = 120%. Then another 10% from one piece of China Light gear. And another 25% from the Demolitionist specialization. So that's 155%. Then there's the Skill Damage buffs. :sly: :lol: These are contextual and temporary of course but it's quite easy to stack these on as well. 25% from Tech Support and 35% from Spike. So that's 215% in total on a good Explosive Build.

Of course you can also go the BTSU gloves route: then you'll miss one roll of Destructive, but you get 10% skill damage for every yellow you have (if you can trigger infuse but that's really easy). In my case, I have 11, so that's another 110%. So that's 215 + 110 - 20 = +305% :D :lol: AFAIK it's not possible to buff this hard on other skills, it's only because of the easy accessiblity of Destructive. 1 million+ damage per mine (I have 10) when all buffs are up. Hence I think it will be nerfed to about 10% or so. Still, a good Assault Turret/Drone build also hits really hard these days.

The way I trigger infuse: get some explosive, flame or shock ammo from a control point and load it in your sidearm. That will give you thirty charges of infusion, so plenty for an evening of play. :D

Totally worth it. This game didn't blow my mind or anything but it's pretty good for what it is.
Would you say it's better than div1 solo?

I was thinking to get the survival addon for div 1, I forget the name, but not sure if worth it as div 1 solo is just ok up to now. Im not that far along in it still.

I was thinking to get the survival addon for div 1, I forget the name, but not sure if worth it as div 1 solo is just ok up to now. Im not that far along in it still.

I'm a solo player most of the time too and I liked it better. I also really like how easy it is to team up with others through matchmaking for pretty much anything, I wish more games did this.

Picked it up during the Christmas sale for $12. I only play solo at the moment and have enjoyed it so far. Any game like that you can get for 2 or 3 bucks I usually give it a go. Thinking of getting the pass to it.

I'm a solo player most of the time too and I liked it better. I also really like how easy it is to team up with others through matchmaking for pretty much anything, I wish more games did this.

Picked it up during the Christmas sale for $12. I only play solo at the moment and have enjoyed it so far. Any game like that you can get for 2 or 3 bucks I usually give it a go. Thinking of getting the pass to it.
Hey Guys, yeah i think for the price its at now i might as well give it a try.

I just tried again my copy of div1, getting a little further in solo, and i do like it enough. I like the realistic feel and look of the city,weapons, story presentation, with audio logs pretty well acted etc.
The city could be more interactive and dynamic though.
Edit: @dlshearon yeah carefull though if you are interested in the soon to come out New York add-on as it's not included in the year1 pass i think.
Lol as i was typing this i got attacked even though i was in the menu, i like it, makes it seem more alive and real.

Im wondering now how to switch ammo type, i remember doing it before, now i just picked up a different ammo type and don't see how to switch to it, maybe it's not for use by my currently held weapons...

Edit2: the voice that tells you about entering a safe place etc..sounds alot like the voice of the main Turian character in mass effect 1 and 2 hehe. In div1 i mean. Edit: Garrus the name.

EDIT3: found the right pad hold button gives you the menu for the consumables including ammo types.
I have to say it's a really well put together game, Div1, pretty impressed with the design, missions and lots of well acted dialogue, detail in the world, clean great graphics and lighting, clear punchy sounds, fun a.i. compared to many sp games even.

Glad i decided to get div2, especially at 95% off, feel almost guilty about it lol.
The devs put alot of effort into this seems to me. I might get the survival addon for div1 too. And will see how the New York addon for div 2 turns out.
Cheers..

Last edited:

I don't think Survival for D1 works very well right now due to lack of players. D2 is excellent solo, you can play the whole Story solo and most of the endgame content except raid. For EUR3 it's a no-brainer to get it.

Year 1 pass doesn't have a lot of content. It does have eight classified missions of which the latter half is really decent, the first few are a bit meh. Still, if you can get it for cheap. But what you really want is the NY DLC. :)

I don't think Survival for D1 works very well right now due to lack of players. D2 is excellent solo, you can play the whole Story solo and most of the endgame content except raid. For EUR3 it's a no-brainer to get it.

Year 1 pass doesn't have a lot of content. It does have eight classified missions of which the latter half is really decent, the first few are a bit meh. Still, if you can get it for cheap. But what you really want is the NY DLC. :)
Why survival dlc doesn't work well? Can't you play it solo with ai like the story mode ? I'm having fun with that now.

Why survival dlc doesn't work well? Can't you play it solo with ai like the story mode ? I'm having fun with that now.

Survival is always MP, either single player (vs other single players) or in a group (vs other groups). Both in PVE and PVP flavor. Each round needs a minimum of players so you need to queue, and with the current player base being very small that will take ages. If you want to play solo with AI and enjoy that I would recommend getting D2. On top of it being really cheap now, there's also a free weekend going on right now, so you can play without paying. :)

Survival is always MP, either single player (vs other single players) or in a group (vs other groups). Both in PVE and PVP flavor. Each round needs a minimum of players so you need to queue, and with the current player base being very small that will take ages. If you want to play solo with AI and enjoy that I would recommend getting D2. On top of it being really cheap now, there's also a free weekend going on right now, so you can play without paying. :)
Well tks, you just saved me from buying it hehe. I only play solo, i thought you could just do the same in the dlc as in the story mode.
Edit: i really hope they keep the servers on for a long time still as it seems you need be connected to them even in d1 story mode. Unless they would change that if they off the servers some day.
I really don't like this, i paid and want to play it on my own time.

Last edited:
Well tks, you just saved me from buying it hehe. I only play solo, i thought you could just do the same in the dlc as in the story mode.
In the Underground DLC you can (and it's a really great addition too!). Survival and Last Stand are MP.

In the Underground DLC you can (and it's a really great addition too!). Survival and Last Stand are MP.
I see, thanks alot.
I edited my previous post, ..
really hope they keep the servers on for a long time still as it seems you need be connected to them even in d1 story mode. Unless they would change that if they off the servers some day.
I really don't like this, i paid and want to play it on my own time.
For d1 i mean for now, but d2 also of course when I'll play the story mode of that after.

Edit: what about the soon released d2 n.y. expansion, can you play that solo?
Edit2: i did get d2 yes for the current discount, tks.

Last edited:
Back