Tom Clancy's The Division 2

• Thread starter Phoenix
  • 257 comments
Here's the patch notes for the recent patch:

Patch Notes:
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to receive unlimited Snitch heroic bounties.
  • Fixed another issue where players were stuck after being revived while having a DoT state active.
  • Fixed other issues relating to players being stuck after revival.
  • Lowered NPC damage and health above normal difficulty.
  • Increased variety of NPCs spawned at higher difficulty levels.
  • Difficulty has been significantly decreased in Hard, moderately reduced in Challenge, and barely reduced in Heroic.
  • Fixed an issue related to Elite NPC aggressiveness in Heroic / Alert Level 4.
  • Reduced the damage output of Named bosses.

And in related new, Title Update 3 has been delayed by a month so they can do some balancing beforehand. Some of those changes are already live as posted above, some of those are now live on the Public Test Server (unfortunately only available on PC and not on consoles).

I gave the PTS a go last night and I think that overall the changes are pretty good. They nerfed some of the over-the-top talents, but at the same time nerfed NPC armor/health, so overall TTK went down and now more types of builds are viable on higher difficulty settings.

Not too disappointed about the delay, better to polish and finetune it first.

Recalibration got on overhaul too on the PTS. It no longer affects GS, but you get a recalibration score of +x (max +100). They also increased the stat caps A LOT. I had an attribute that's maxed on the regular server, which translates to +15 recalibration score. So that stat now goes a LOT higher (since it can go to +100 now). This also means that in case of Skill Power, you now need to sacrifice less attributes to reach the same amount (if recalibrated properly). On top of that some of the skill talents have been buffed, which makes for a lot more interesting builds. And the other stats now go higher as well, so that gives you a lot of bandwidth to play around with.

Really digging the changes so far. Of course the general public is crying NERF, because that's all they see from the Reddit threads. But there's a lot more going on here than was shown in patch notes or SOTG stream. Good stuff.

Here's the patch notes for the recent patch:

Patch Notes:
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to receive unlimited Snitch heroic bounties.
  • Fixed another issue where players were stuck after being revived while having a DoT state active.
  • Fixed other issues relating to players being stuck after revival.
  • Lowered NPC damage and health above normal difficulty.
  • Increased variety of NPCs spawned at higher difficulty levels.
  • Difficulty has been significantly decreased in Hard, moderately reduced in Challenge, and barely reduced in Heroic.
  • Fixed an issue related to Elite NPC aggressiveness in Heroic / Alert Level 4.
  • Reduced the damage output of Named bosses.
To the first part, man, I already feel the Black Tusk has enough variety. Always a gold, couple purples, and plenty of reds, always consisting of at least 1 medic or engineer, few shotgun enemies, and enough assault guys. Black Tusk medics are esp. annoying.

To the second, I'm not at the Tier I read about this being most common, but glad to see it was addressed quickly. Last I read on Reddit, it was only being looked into with no immediate fix seen yet.

I have to say, I played for about 4 hours today and i'm starting to feel burned out of the game already.

Not sure what it is, but the game feels alot less interesting to play compared to TD1.

Not sure what it is, but the game feels alot less interesting to play compared to TD1.
That's because it is less interesting in it's current state. I have yet to get the same feeling as when running Amhersts Appartment with a full Reclaimer build on Legendary.

TD2 has much more to do, especially in PVE, but there's little reason to go into a grind right now because dedicated builds are not a thing (yet). The changes on the PTS are a good start, but there's still stuff that needs to be addressed, e.g. skill power. It'll get there in the end though, I'm quite sure of that.

That's because it is less interesting in it's current state. I have yet to get the same feeling as when running Amhersts Appartment with a full Reclaimer build on Legendary.

TD2 has much more to do, especially in PVE, but there's little reason to go into a grind right now because dedicated builds are not a thing (yet). The changes on the PTS are a good start, but there's still stuff that needs to be addressed, e.g. skill power. It'll get there in the end though, I'm quite sure of that.
Yeah, hoping that the raids will do its part and make the game interesting again! :P

Also: hanging out on the PTS makes not want to play the current live version anymore. :lol:

Made it into WT4 tonight, will probably spend some time in it like I've done in WT2 & WT3; it's interesting to mess around and see the changes that happen in the world knowing certain sections of the map are war zones & others are bit more peaceful and full of allies again.

As touched on above, dedicated builds aren't really a thing yet (even though plenty of people on Reddit have come up with some creative stuff) since the devs are going to be nerfing/buffing things with each update. So I've basically just been mixing and matching whatever I like; I honestly haven't been paying really close attention to what every gear piece adds & have been prioritizing to have a mixed bag of talents that help create sort of a tank build. Armor is around 157k, health at 50k, and skill in the 500s. Trying to remember off the top of my head, I know I'm running 2 armor regens for 40% and will likely swap out one for either another Elite Damage talent to my current 2 (currently at 43% with 2 talents & a 13% attribute) or a 2nd 20% skill duration talent. I would consider dropping the skill duration talents altogether since the mod requirements to boost skills are still ridiculous, however, the devs have said they will be implementing AUX batteries you can put into 1 of the 3 slots to boost the skill power needed, so I'm planning for that. My turret/drone are offense based, so all they need is damage & health. Main talents are Unstoppable (although I've switched it up to try out Berserk before it gets changed), Patience, & Clutch. Weapons are usually always AR/LMG, which allows all 3 Spec. weapons to benefit them in some way with AR/LMG/weapon handling buffs.

It surprisingly works out pretty well on Challenging, mainly when working to revive a downed teammate while taking enemy fire and not getting obliterated as long as I'm in cover. The regen typically refills quick enough to get them up and out of the way so I can either use a medkit quickly or stay behind cover for a few seconds to get armor back. From what I've read, Berserk should benefit for me to start fighting back right away as I think armor has to be under 50% to work. If it doesn't make any difference, I always have Unstoppable talents stored on other pieces to swap back in.

I'm content with it, the main goal now is to start pushing for more weapon damage to fight off the Purple enemies. I have some attributes on other pieces I'd like to swap in, but I will wait for the update before doing so as I believe the recalibration station will not cap shared attributes anymore. The bottom line is always making sure Patience can activate though, so I'm currently at 7/7/3. I have read though, that Patience may be boosted to require 9. :grumpy:

Saw they fixed the launch time issue on PC today.. people said it took like 5mins from launch to start.. and now it is like 1min.

I am on ps4.. it seems to be slow but not all that bad.

I’m in the old ps4 and it’s kind slow but tolerable.

I’m taking a break but I’m relatively happy with my load out.

509 GS
Military AKM
Police(?) MK17
Random handgun I barely use.
Sharpshooter specialization

Overlord Armaments vest, kneepads and gloves.

Fenris Group holster

Badger tough mask

Wyvern Wear backpack

Last edited:
I'm sort of in Limbo right now. PTS is great, but characters will be wiped so don't want to invest time there. Also don't want to spend time on Live until it's up to par with PTS. :lol:

Brace yourselfs! :lol:

D6ivF6AW0AAoLyx

Looks good but why did they not allow matchmaking for this? Makes zero sense when theirs matchmaking for everything else.

Yeah, really hoping they address that. They’ve been pretty good so far about listening to the community, just takes some time.

Man.. weird about the raid not having match making.

I'm still here at level 30 just finished off the side missions and everything else and will finally start the strongholds for the first time so I can make it to wt1

By the time I am even ready to consider the raid people will have figured it out, turned it upside down and figured out every way to cheese it.. :lol:

Update is pretty good so far. Tried a bit of raid yesterday with my clan, didn't get very far because we started out too late and could only rally 6 people. Which is not enough, you need eight. And well geared on top of that. Mechanics of the first boss are doable, but require coordination and communication. The absence of matchmaking is a pain in the butt, almost impossible to create a group unless you're in a large clan.

@NLxAROSA
I am able to help, whenever I can. :P

Currently not in a clan, so if theres any spots open, I might join in if possible?!
It's all Dutchies. :lol:

That said, the raid is a Destiny type of raid, so will take *a lot* of time and a well-organized team to complete. Not really into that type of play, feels a bit out of place in this game (puzzles and all). Then again, it's completely optional, and I'm currently working on a Turret/Seeker build which focuses on cooldown reduction/elimination, so still got plenty to do. I know a lot of people say that Skill builds don't work (and they don't on Heroic) but for Normal/Hard/Challenge and Bounties my build works pretty well. 👍

Glad the PTS is over so I can spend time on Live again.

I have to say, I played for about 4 hours today and i'm starting to feel burned out of the game already.

Not to me.
I enjoyed TD2 way more than TD1.
I never got to lvl 25 despite being boosted in the first one.
TD2, I already reached lvl 30 and always have the itch to do bounties, missions and keep on discovering more weapons and builds.

Not to me.
I enjoyed TD2 way more than TD1.
I never got to lvl 25 despite being boosted in the first one.
TD2, I already reached lvl 30 and always have the itch to do bounties, missions and keep on discovering more weapons and builds.
I've got around 1600 hours on TD1 on PC. Barely got to 85 hours on TD2 and kinda feel like changing games.

One of the things that annoys me is the recalibration station. Having to have a certain weapon to switch talents from, and it has to be red to red, blue to blue or yellow to yellow on weapon and/or gear...

If I want a red weapon damage % talent instead of yellow +337 skill power, I should be allowed to change that...

Another is the DZ... I miss the TD1 big Dark Zone. The 3 smaller ones now just feels mehh.

And theres a bunch of other stuff.

So what's everybody's favorite build? Currently running a 90% Explosive Damage and 58% cooldown reduction build with LMG/SMG and Turret/Seekers. Got talents that focus on boosting skill damage, looking to optimize it a little bit more for raw gun DPS.

Last edited:
Played TD2 this weekend together with my son, since it was a free weekend he could join in. Bought him a copy; with the E3 discount and the 20% discount in exchange for 100 Ubicredits it was a measly 32 EUR. :)

And I still haven't done the Dark Hours raid. :boggled:
Me neither and it’s very unlikely that I do to be honest. Not enough friends that play, and they also aren’t even at the required level, let alone World Tier lol.

Back