Tom Clancy's The Division 2

• Thread starter Phoenix
  • 257 comments
Jammer pulse?
Yes, I’ve used that one. Doesn’t stop him from healing, though. Buddy and I tried the purple canister as well since he’ll stop healing the moment it hits.

Also tried “dancing” with him up close as he’ll stop shooting and try to melee you. That worked until I mistimed him and he got me. :lol:

Ugggh.. just moved to a new apartment and wont have internet until Thursday! Woe is me :(

Not exactly a bad thing though, if I do say so myself lol. It just happens to be at a time where I'm absolutely consumed by TD2.

I'm in World Tier 3 atm but I feel a little burnt out on the game. I like the endgame but I just need a break. :lol:

Ugggh.. just moved to a new apartment and wont have internet until Thursday! Woe is me :(

Not exactly a bad thing though, if I do say so myself lol. It just happens to be at a time where I'm absolutely consumed by TD2.
Get stuff done at the apartment, so you're ready to sweat TD2 when the internet is up and ready. :P

-------

I'm at approx. 40 hours played. Only completed 1 stronghold and still got stuff to do before advancing. :lol:

One thing that irks me is that some bounties seem to raise the enemy skill and difficulty drastically, out of nowhere, while still not being in endgame yet.

And i'm not talking about the bosses. The basic red buggers. :irked:

One thing that irks me is that some bounties seem to raise the enemy skill and difficulty drastically, out of nowhere, while still not being in endgame yet.

And i'm not talking about the bosses. The basic red buggers. :irked:
Bounties have a difficulty attached to them that's separate of the rest of the world. Though I'm not 100% sure this also applies pre-30. But a Heroic Bounty is going to be a pain in the butt yes. :D

For anyone who wants to see the 3 new gear sets.
https://assets1.ignimgs.com/2019/04/04/01-tu-2-infographics-1554331453-1554398773849.jpg

True Patriot looks like a great gear set to pick when it releases before I start getting into the end game. Hard Wired would be better if the 3/6 was longer Duration. Resetting the skill cooldown with the opposite skill would be great for me running a turret/drone combo. as well, but the 6/6 is a heavy investment though.

So, the electrification thing is PVP only? That limits the usage for PVE of course. The True Patriot seems OP compared to the other two. Though Ongoing Directive with 20% weapon handling (this includes several stats) is not to be sniffed at.

But let's see this afternoon. :)

So far loving the new patch. Skill mods actually do something now, no more negatives on my weapon mods. The new gear sets are ok, but need balancing (or maybe a balancing in how armor works in general). Tidal Basin is pretty epic, really enjoyed that one.

So far loving the new patch. Skill mods actually do something now, no more negatives on my weapon mods. The new gear sets are ok, but need balancing (or maybe a balancing in how armor works in general). Tidal Basin is pretty epic, really enjoyed that one.
Good to hear! I've been seeing some meltdowns on Reddit about it. The weapon mod ones are bit too much whining, but I do get the guys who claim they're going to have to revise their builds because they took the mods into account when making their loadouts.

6d78beef-7306-4efd-a9da-dd75d73e6a85.PNG

I found a cool outfit

Good to hear! I've been seeing some meltdowns on Reddit about it. The weapon mod ones are bit too much whining, but I do get the guys who claim they're going to have to revise their builds because they took the mods into account when making their loadouts.
I think it's mostly a handful of vocal people who got their cheeze-build nerfed. Skill builds also don't work in the same way anymore so anyone invested in a 8k+ build needs a completely new build. Sad, but that's the way of these kind of games. Metas come and go.

And it's funny that all these people complain about nerfs, but not about all the things that were buffed. ;) Overall we're better off. E.g. my turret did only 2k damage before the patch, and now (at GS 503) it's hitting for 7.5k which is not to be sniffed at with the fire rate it has. Same for seeker mines: 40k -> 140k damage.

Just keep in mind that there will be more balancing patches, and ones that go way beyond what was done this time. You will rebuild at least 5-6 times over the next coming year or two. :D

Full patch notes here: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2032255-Patch-Notes-Invasion-Battle-for-D-C-April-5th-2019

I think it's mostly a handful of vocal people who got their cheeze-build nerfed. Skill builds also don't work in the same way anymore so anyone invested in a 8k+ build needs a completely new build. Sad, but that's the way of these kind of games. Metas come and go.

And it's funny that all these people complain about nerfs, but not about all the things that were buffed. ;) Overall we're better off. E.g. my turret did only 2k damage before the patch, and now (at GS 503) it's hitting for 7.5k which is not to be sniffed at with the fire rate it has. Same for seeker mines: 40k -> 140k damage.

Just keep in mind that there will be more balancing patches, and ones that go way beyond what was done this time. You will rebuild at least 5-6 times over the next coming year or two. :D

Full patch notes here: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2032255-Patch-Notes-Invasion-Battle-for-D-C-April-5th-2019
It really should be expected, esp from these dudes who go, “I put 500-1000 Superman hours into TD1.” Ok, then y’all should know we’re gonna end up rebuilding our builds a handful of times, as you said.

Anyway, made it to WT1 last night. I like it a lot. My guns can still cut through Black Tusk like butter but they are super coordinated, so it’s easy to put yourself in a bad position if you’re not smart.

Watching the world go into a war zone is pretty crazy, too. Seeing all the factions go at it every other block. I went after a CP just to complete a project and couldn’t call for allies because the Hyenas attacked BT just as I got there, so had to help wipe one of them out.

Just did some more open world activities solo. The turret is actually pretty useful now, especially when you need to protect hostages. It's actually killing mobs all by itself. I also used it at the entrypoint of a Level 3 control point and it did a really great job at CC. Good stuff, wasn't possible before the patch, turret was only a decoy then.

Of course you still lose pure DPS when speccing a little bit into skill power (just enough to unlock the mods) but survivability goes up a lot, especially solo.

Just did some more open world activities solo. The turret is actually pretty useful now, especially when you need to protect hostages. It's actually killing mobs all by itself. I also used it at the entrypoint of a Level 3 control point and it did a really great job at CC. Good stuff, wasn't possible before the patch, turret was only a decoy then.

Of course you still lose pure DPS when speccing a little bit into skill power (just enough to unlock the mods) but survivability goes up a lot, especially solo.
I was running (& still am) the drone & turret together. The turret would actually make for a good decoy against bosses as they would come for it, and the drone would follow them shooting their backs, exposing weak points. The fact it can now hold its own is a huge plus, esp. for talents where a kill with a skill can boost another attribute.

My gearscore is 502 now. The new gear sets don’t seem worth the effort. The high end ones are still really good.

Still running the reviver and assault turret.

New gear sets need a buff to compensate for lack of talents. The only one that is somewhat useful right now is True Patriot.

The RNG gods are being asses. Finally got another Invasion cache key after leveling 5-6 times. Luckily, the invasion project resets in a few hours.

Need one more Invasion cache key to have all the sets complete. :cheers: Still really enjoying this, the new weekly Invasion missions are pretty epic. Apart from that I like doing strongholds, bounties and taking over control points.

So far I have two different loadouts: one DPS-focused build, all-in with offensive stats and hard-hitting talent on every piece that can have it. And the other one is focused on ~1500 skill power (to unlock useful mods without suffering too much in the DPS department), cooldown reduction and skill haste/duration. I think I like the second one better for solo and CC. Doesn't do as much damage as the pure DPS build, but survivability is a lot better and the turret hits pretty hard.

Also: patch notes and the community update. Looking forward to the announced balancing updates with regards to survivability/health/armor. Tank builds and skill builds will be there sooner or later. :)

If there's one thing I'm absolutely hating with the alert levels on Control points, it's that the Ai teammates are absolutely **** and do not do a damn thing. The absolutely stupid part is that I was soloing a level 4 for about 25 minutes and had died, but that same team of Ai that did **** all to help, managed to take it completely in the 30 seconds it took me to travel back? :mad: Making me miss out on the big orange crate with all the goodies!

Another thing is that if you use the request backup feature, it should at least be someone around your current gear score. I had requested back up because I didn't want to go all the way back to the spawn point in order to avoid the little fiasco mentioned above, and the dude that jumped in died as soon as one of the enemies stared at him. Massive exaggeration, but he literally could not have went down any faster.

I noticed last night that the allied AI will also take control points all on their own. I haven't attempted to take Washington Monument yet since entering the Tiers, but at one point, I noticed it switched to green.

Also like seeing where an allied patrol is heading and joining them. Kind of a low-key way to have your own "squad". :lol:

Learned last night, the grenade launcher makes quick work of Hunters. Only have the Duo and 4-Man teams left. Probably gonna be a pain in the ass with the latter.

Has anyone had phantom grenade launcher hitting you with no visible grenade or explosion? I am only level 8 (Edit - actually 9) but it happened to me twice (I just started a few days ago) It is fast too like 1 second apart between each fire and it destroys you so fast.

Last edited:
Has anyone had phantom grenade launcher hitting you with no visible grenade or explosion? I am only level 8 but it happened to me twice (I just started a few days ago) It is fast too like 1 second apart between each fire and it destroys you so fast.

I've had times where enemies lobbing airburst grenades from their launchers gets stuck on a surface and just turns into a dud, but never anything like that.

Cool - It was in the same area, maybe it was a spawn bug? It was not in a mission or anything. I thought it was some new enemy I had not encountered it was spam p-too p-too p-too and my shields and health just vanished, no explosions no visible grenade in the air. I figure if it was common it would be a major post on reddit by now.

Really enjoying myself though just messing around. I burned through the content on D1, but this time I just wonder around kinda maybe do something as far as progression goes, but I think I am 2 levels higher than the current main mission and I don't do the side missions either.

The weirdest things I've seen with throwables/grenades is slow motion molotovs. It looks so funny seeing them move so sluggishly through the air.

Latest Posts

Back