Top Notch Racing Super GT (Season 1)Finished 

I could be up for racing with you and often have good ideas to put forward.

I will put a link in my WGT1 thread as I'm sure some of my drivers could be interested.

Also on a plus side I am local to you just down the road in Hastings :D

I will send an addy on PSN and get myself to a tryout soon 👍

Is there any links to previous series you have done or a main TNR page/site?

Last edited:
I could be up for racing with you and often have good ideas to put forward.

I will put a link in my WGT1 thread as I'm sure some of my drivers could be interested.

Also on a plus side I am local to you just down the road in Hastings :D

I will send an addy on PSN and get myself to a tryout soon 👍

Is there any links to previous series you have done or a main TNR page/site?

That is excellent glad i could hear from you :) we are an ever expanding team so better get here quick :D we mainly race at night around 7PM till around 11PM so i don't know how that fits in as most of the people we race with are Americans but sure invite whoever and just get them to either add me TNR_FILO or TNR_XCHARGE

Last edited:
Hi there, just abit curious as to the no oil change part. So we break an engine in and can't change the oil?

You can it does depend on the car you run run for instance cars like the HSV, NSX and the Nismo Z they shouldn't have an oil change as they are already fast on straights and in the corners. I am still still testing all the Skylines weather or not they need an oil change but the Yellow Hat Toyota and the Bandai Lexua SC340 (not entirely sure if that is spelt correctly) will definitely need an oil change as they can't keep up in the turns not sure if they will be competitive in places like Suzuka as their max downforce is 35 Front and 60 Rear not like the rest of the field (35F 65R) But testing is still going on.

- we wouldn't advice running the '05 GT 500 Cars for the reason above but if you feel like a challenge sure join our lobbies we can run together :)

- skyline and lexus testing is still on

no oil change except for all Lexus SC430's
Feel free to do testing of your own, your car must be capped at 493 BHP
stock weight
Racing hards
Grip setting set to real
must not cut the chicanes can only go to the green patches of the circuit everywhere is out of bounds
Le Slarth is our main testing track.
normal fuel degradation
GT 500 Lap Record 3.56.930 - Xanavi Nismo Z '06 TNR_FILO

GT 300 Lap Record 4.22.477 - Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08 TNR_FILO

Latest findings

HSV - NSX's Fastest but rear tires wear more than others
Skylines's around half to 1 second slower. more equal/ better tire wear overall.

All Lexus SC430's need an oil change

Toyota Supra's remain stock - same tire wear as the skylines but with a little less handling as the Rest of the GT 500 cars.

If you want a challenge This is the car to use!

Last edited:
I could be wrong but all the cars are premium?

So if you don't change the oil or run the car in it will gain power through the race.

I also could have misunderstood something but that seems that you will have some cars gaining power while others lose power?

I will be on GT on thursday so will send the addy and join you if you are on 👍

I could be wrong but all the cars are premium?

So if you don't change the oil or run the car in it will gain power through the race.

I also could have misunderstood something but that seems that you will have some cars gaining power while others lose power?

I will be on GT on thursday so will send the addy and join you if you are on 👍

Yep all cars are premium. All cars will gain Power if they haven't been broken in.
The Lexus's will still gain power but it's Power will start off higher than default.

We will run a practice Race maybe 20 or so laps so we can see how the power outputs of every car has changed so if there are any discrepancies we will change what needs to be done to the cars. It may result in cars just buying the Level 3 engine upgrade to solve the power for a more permanent solution but we will see.

This is why we start off with completely stock cars to begin with.

Looking forward to it :D

the main issue I can see with your plans is what happens at race #2? they will all be broken in after race 1, you expecting people to buy a new car for each race?

the main issue I can see with your plans is what happens at race #2? they will all be broken in after race 1, you expecting people to buy a new car for each race?

what i plan to do is see what the BHP is at for all cars is after race #1 the main trouble i feel is keeping the Lexus competitive in GT500 if their broken in BHP is lower than the rest of the competitors then i may allow them to run a stage 3 engine upgrade in hoping their torque advantage won't be a greater deal than the rest but may increase fuel economy the season won't fully start until the regulations are sorted out, but you must understand it's hard to keep every car competitive with allowing a multitude of different cars.

Check out PURE's gt500 specs. They are as even as your going to get, Just don't reference their gt300 cars. They are near impossible to balance.

Check out PURE's gt500 specs. They are as even as your going to get, Just don't reference their gt300 cars. They are near impossible to balance.

yeah i know but how i've tuned the GT500 cars every car is within one second of my fastest lap 3.56.9 on Le Slarth all except the Lexus' they are around 1.4 seconds slower and the bandai Lexus is possibly even slower in the corners with the slightly smaller amount of downforce. With GT6 only round the corner i don't really want to spend all my time regulating 22 GT500 cars. If i had enough time i would force ballast on all the cars until they are 50 50 so no car turns faster or breaks faster than another. I've spoken to a couple of guy's who are near enough spot on at regulating cars and they have almost always said the Lexus will dominate round the corners compared to the other GT500 cars. that's what i don't really want though.

For this Tryout Series i just want people to run their favorite car with the smallest amount of restrictions as possible. So far everything has been fun, competitive and relaxing. besides every car near enough is equal in a 1.5 hour race.

Nsx------Great Cornering--------Rear Tires Burn Faster
Hsv------Great Cornering--------Low Top End Acceleration
Z--------Great Cornering and Acceleration-------Uses Around 15-20% More Fuel
Skyline----------------------Well All Rounded Car
SC430------Better In Narrow Corners, Chicanes, Has a Fuel Monitor Excluding the "Bandai" And More Even Tire Wear-----------Slowest Acceleration
Supra----------Fuel Monitor and Has Highest Top Speed----------Has Worse Cornering and Braking

since this is just a tryout series less specifications means it's easier to follow and means we can start the series quicker

Last edited:
Really enjoyed racing with you guys last night, unfortunatly too many mistakes from me cost me better results and the chance to race in the front pack to the end.

As I said last night, I am too busy with other things on GT5 to be able to compete in any other series at the moment although if there is an event I can get to then I will.

I am still interested in having a link to your main club/league so I can see what else you do outside this thread if you have one.

:cheers: 👍

Really enjoyed racing with you guys last night, unfortunatly too many mistakes from me cost me better results and the chance to race in the front pack to the end.

As I said last night, I am too busy with other things on GT5 to be able to compete in any other series at the moment although if there is an event I can get to then I will.

I am still interested in having a link to your main club/league so I can see what else you do outside this thread if you have one.

:cheers: 👍

I'm glad you enjoyed it :) it does take a little time to find the right car and class you feel comfortable in.

Yeah that's completely fine if there is a gap in one of our series or practice races you're more than welcome to join.

We don't have a main Team Bio as of yet since we first started 5 days ago but give me a few more days i'm sure we could make one.

We do normally have 500 - 600pp road car races, drag races and i have an idea of a completely unrestricted road car class but i just need to mill it over with the team first, and my favorite 300pp shuffle races are incredibly competitive. In GT6 our series events will depend on the cars in the game.
4 class Le Mans series and GT300 and GT500 are for dead certs. We may even do a 4-6 hour Nordschleife 24 hour race with the N24 race cars in GT6.

Look at my GT500 regs for reference as well if you need it. Both GT classes have been amazingly close with each other so far.

Look at my GT500 regs for reference as well if you need it. Both GT classes have been amazingly close with each other so far.

Your regs are near match perfect to mine just a bit faster. all my cars have also been very very close for both classes. but i'm just curious on how your bandai and supra's run in your field on their own compared to your nsx's on circuits like Spa and Slarth compared to Susuka or Madrid. I've found in the Lexus' (ANY) i'm maybe 1 second per mile slower in tracks like Slarth but in Madrid i'm possibly 1 second faster in the Lexus' - i don't really want to add weight to the cars and force ballast to make all the cars turn the same because i'd rather have a series where the cars are meant to handle in the game then you don't have to reg every other car.

i'm also curious on how each car runs after overall in a 1.5 hour race. i.e. did you take fuel and tire wear in consideration?

Hi there, just abit curious as to the no oil change part. So we break an engine in and can't change the oil?

After further testing i'm came to a more permanent solution, no oil restriction only the Lexus SC430 in GT500 are allowed a mid range turbo

After further testing i'm came to a more permanent solution, no oil restriction only the Lexus SC430 in GT500 are allowed a mid range turbo

Back