Toyota FT-1 Challenge, Fujii Speedway GT

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 197 comments
so if the winning lap it's posted on youtube and gets millions of views (because of the channels number of subscribers), will the racer be payed for those views?

Ran a 1:42.1xx but can see another half second in there. Ran that time with ABS because this car wants to lock the rears up first, so you can't get maximum braking performance, means you have to brake 50m before you do with ABS1.

My best without ABS though is a 42.4, and I'm losing around .5 in the heavy braking zones vs my 42.1 but gain time everywhere else. :grumpy:

Just had a quick session and improved to a 1:40.942 :) Most of my time is lost through the last sector, I was consistently within 0.3 of Pirata's 1:40.310 by the end of S2, so hopefully shouldn't need much more practice to improve again.
I had a look at pirata's time on data logger, it seems last corner is where he made most of time, judging his first and second sector it is reasonable but I think there is probably about 3 tenths there to be found. I'm surprised no one has managed to do a top draw lap yet. I just had a look at IMMORTAL's lap too, he seems to nail a couple of corners but had some mistakes on lap. He lost a lot on beginning of last sector but did well with the ending, 0.016 up on my time going from exit of second to last corner to 5 tenths up come finish line.
Gonna be interesting to compare the replays of you three when I get the chance xD
I've used data logger on the bottom two .465 times, I think I spotted a bug with data logger when you try and load another reference, it still seems to use original reference for comparison.

Hello everyone. I've been putting an insane amount of time in this TT. Down to a 1:41.353. I'm even with the ghost until I get to the tight left corner after the long right. Tht turn alone I lose. 5 tenths then the last corner seals my fate and puts me a second behind. I'm struggling with those 2 corners. Any help guys. I wana become a alien too. Gota catch up to Doodle as the next American on the list lol. Currently 60th now.

Hello everyone. I've been putting an insane amount of time in this TT. Down to a 1:41.353. I'm even with the ghost until I get to the tight left corner after the long right. Tht turn alone I lose. 5 tenths then the last corner seals my fate and puts me a second behind. I'm struggling with those 2 corners. Any help guys. I wana become a alien too. Gota catch up to Doodle as the next American on the list lol. Currently 60th now.
You are fast!!! Sadly I can't help because you are way faster than me. I can't get anywhere near your ghost :lol: Keep improving!

How do you drive fast with a car that you hate from the bottom of your heart?:boggled:

I wonder if Toyota knows their car is given only bicycle wheel width of contact patch on its tyres.lol

Compare your own replay with the top replay(s). Think about your lap. And don't forget an alien is not made overnight ;)

Ran a 1:42.1xx but can see another half second in there. Ran that time with ABS because this car wants to lock the rears up first, so you can't get maximum braking performance, means you have to brake 50m before you do with ABS1.

My best without ABS though is a 42.4, and I'm losing around .5 in the heavy braking zones vs my 42.1 but gain time everywhere else. :grumpy:

Perfected my braking without ABS and got down to a 1:42.072, but I ran wide in the first of the technical corners in the last sector which cost me about .2/3 versus a 1:42.170 ghost.

So ideally I'm looking at a 1:41.7 at the moment.

1:45.162 for me.
I hate this car. It won't brake properly, it strongly understeers when entering corners and the rest of the time the rear wheels will try their best to become the front wheels.
I will stop at that point, I don't like spending my time struggling with the car. With some tuning it would be better suit me...

Last edited:
Funny thing is that this car with SS tyres is pretty cool to drive. SH is kind of a pain in the butt :crazy:

Golded this event, but i won't spend too much time on it.

I'm sorry, but this one is unrealistic. I can't gold and while I'm not the greatest, at minimal I gold the seasonals. This is rediculous.. Riddle me this, who would go to the track on crap tires trying to set good numbers. I've read the arguments for years, and bottom line is that the tires are not realistic due to physics you just cant feel due to you sitting in, at best, a racing seat set up.

I may sound sour grapes....but I've tried too many times and just can't get within a half second of gold. Like I said, at minimal I gold all seasonals and I don't claim to be any more than good enough to do so. With so many different styles we should at least be able to tweak some of the settings. This one stinks.

A 1:47.444 was my time around Fuji Speedway GT. Part of me not finding enough speed for Gold comes in how unstable this car can be braking or going into corners. Another part has to do with not being used to the GT configuration of the Fuji Speedway. The menu was also misleading in showing a different Start/Finish line from where you normally start the race from. These things aside, you have to really watch this car under braking and going into the corners. The back end will induce a spin more likely than not at times.

I probably don't deserve to be 7th because of all the competition in this time trial. But hey, 7th ain't bad for now eh!

You're doing great my friend. 👍 You're doing your country proud, just wish you guys got to be included in the Academy. It really is unfair because I feel that there is a lot of talent up there that deserves the same chance as everyone else in fulfilling their dreams of a racing career. I know it is because of the laws, but Nissan is really missing out on a lot of great talent. Keep up the great work anyhow, you're doing Canada proud. :bowdown:

Thank you a lot @GTP_CargoRatt I'm hopefully still improving cause I only got my wheel 7months ago and remember when I would do a seasonal and finish in the thousands (no offense to anyone!) but you guys are a great bunch of people and continuously help one another.
It's great to come to gtplanet and see something positive for a change, so you guys are the sole reason why I keep coming back to help out and share/steal tunes off each other. :)

more drum breaks and meowsive understeer? Good promotion for Toyota i guess, since i'm gonna go ahead and assume FT-1 is just a FXX under a new body.

Looks like there might be hope for Canadians regarding GT Academy: Link

Is @SpartanUK an SCEA or SCEE employee? I think they should have an extra region this year named 'Neglected GT Academy' which includes Canada, New Zealand and all the other countries that clearly have a lot of driving talent per capita yet Nissan and Sony PlayStation refuse to bring it [back] to those countries!

Haven't managed to set a time on this TT due to other commitments (and I don't have the 200% login bonus yet lol). Might have a play when my login bonus peaks which hopefully co-incides with GT Academy's global launch on GT6 👍

Back