TPC Racing Presents - Time Attack.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 292 comments
OP updated with new car/track combo. Link to Google form now links to Suzuka form.

@Groundfish @Pigems @nuthunmuch @Redneckchef can you share your best 22B/Tsukuba lap replay's in game with #tpctimeattack

I'll share mine, as I'm placed 4th. Just so everyone can make sure that we're all within track limits/tyres match, etc.

Will do Coach! :cheers:

Edit: Done, shared and tagged TPCtimeattack, week1 and GTP. :)

OP updated with new car/track combo. Link to Google form now links to Suzuka form.

@Groundfish @Pigems @nuthunmuch @Redneckchef can you share your best 22B/Tsukuba lap replay's in game with #tpctimeattack

I'll share mine, as I'm placed 4th. Just so everyone can make sure that we're all within track limits/tyres match, etc.
Am at work at the moment so will get it done when I get home tonight. Didnt plan on it as didnt think I could get top 5.:scared:

Going to struggle with this week. Not very fast in the Jr. and not very fast at Suzuka. If anyone could hand me a road map and compass to get through spoon please.

Last edited:

Just shared that for ya with the search tag.
Ooh
RS tire 125 percent power! I’m in for this one too!

Clean or not, those are some very impressive times. Well done all! :cheers:

Edit: I guessed right for this week's car. This is going to be fun :)

Run through a few test laps. Got a 1:54.337 up now, but I think if I can tighten the back end just a hair I can easily drop some more. Lap shared tagged TPC

I have a question after running a few more laps. Got my inside tire on the white line running slightly out at the degners, both outside tires on the curb, inside tires on but not across white line. That is out of bounds, right? Saved replay anyway if not.

Last edited:
Run through a few test laps. Got a 1:54.337 up now, but I think if I can tighten the back end just a hair I can easily drop some more. Lap shared tagged TPC

What’s everyone using for tunes this time? Remember, we can tune the gearbox this time I believe. I’m gonna start with @praiano63 ’s tune again and work off that tonight. :)

9EDFB0EC-4D88-461E-885A-E2519A08B987.jpeg

B641F80A-FAB3-4E45-B8E1-BCF355864202.jpeg

What’s everyone using for tunes this time? Remember, we can tune the gearbox this time I believe. I’m gonna start with @praiano63 ’s tune again and work off that tonight. :)

View attachment 928335
View attachment 928336
I've still only done 30 miles on this. I'm going to keep stock tune apart from the 125% power until my times get consistent, then I'll play a bit. Currently at 1:56.4xx. The following lap would probably have been better but I slid between T1/T2 and accidently cut T2 as a result. I quit before lap finish so that I could save the clean lap.

20200608_233937.jpg
20200608_233945.jpg
Never mind on the white lines at this point. Got a clean one faster than that anyway. Mow at a 1:52.754, and I know that has room for at least 0.5 improvement. Replay will be shared and tagged TPC and Suzuka.
Just getting photos of setups now. Not sure how to share that sort of screen shot yet so bear with the phone photos.
Aaand I added them to front of post. With this she likes to have the throttle on. Even when coasting she is much more stable with the throttle on. Best of luck out there.:cheers:

Last edited:
Never mind on the white lines at this point. Got a clean one faster than that anyway. Mow at a 1:52.754, and I know that has room for at least 0.5 improvement. Replay will be shared and tagged TPC and Suzuka.
Just getting photos of setups now. Not sure how to share that sort of screen shot yet so bear with the phone photos.
Press the share button on the PS4, choose screenshot,choose send in message. Send it to your self or a friend or an alt. Open it on the ps messenger on phone, download the photo, attach file here and upload

Press the share button on the PS4, choose screenshot,choose send in message. Send it to your self or a friend or an alt. Open it on the ps messenger on phone, download the photo, attach file here and upload
I love being the luddite. Will have to check on those apps. Got some photos or screenshots worth saving at times but just cant figure it out. Thanks:tup:

Just getting photos of setups now. Not sure how to share that sort of screen shot yet

You can skip some of the apps but the process is much the same. Share it to your PSN activities, log in to PSN website https://my.playstation.com/whatsnew and download from there. Then upload to here.

Ok, going to have to learn a bit more on that sharing bit.

And some ideas on anyone playing with the gears. You can squeeze more speed by gearing it so that 1st gear is stretched out so its top end replaces 2nd at the hairpin and chicane and make them tighter for faster acceleration, but don't know that you squeeze more than a couple mph from that. However the boost out of corners should help. Especially silly if we can figure out the diff for it.

And some ideas on anyone playing with the gears. You can squeeze more speed by gearing it so that 1st gear is stretched out so its top end replaces 2nd at the hairpin and chicane and make them tighter for faster acceleration, but don't know that you squeeze more than a couple mph from that. However the boost out of corners should help. Especially silly if we can figure out the diff for it.
You might also gain a bit in the esses (T3 > Dunlop/Degner) by adjusting 4 a bit shorter or 3 a bit longer. While doing that, you should pay attention to what that does to the gearing for The Spoon.
At the speeds I'm doing it might also pay to shorten 6th gear a bit, there's still plenty left both at the end of the front straight and through 130R to the braking area at Casio.

Edit: As complex as gearing is, I suppose I should be thankful it's a one lap TT and not a long race with tyre and fuel use on. Then we'd have to allow for changes in cornering speed as the weights and tyre condition changed.... :crazy:

You might also gain a bit in the esses (T3 > Dunlop/Degner) by adjusting 4 a bit shorter or 3 a bit longer. While doing that, you should pay attention to what that does to the gearing for The Spoon.
At the speeds I'm doing it might also pay to shorten 6th gear a bit, there's still plenty left both at the end of the front straight and through 130R to the braking area at Casio.
Yeah, the gears I am using I changed a bit just to shorten the top end so I max out only just at the braking point for the casio. Wasn't looking to do too much more to it until I had some practice.

Yeah, the gears I am using I changed a bit just to shorten the top end so I max out only just at the braking point for the casio. Wasn't looking to do too much more to it until I had some practice.
I'm still using stock tune, but when I start playing with the box I'll probably shorten the whole box using the "Top Speed" slider then see what needs fine tuning.
In campaign mode I usually go the opposite way, pump the power right up then lengthen the box to make first gear useful. That gives plenty of head room in top gear in races where drafting is a thing... ;)

Can I suggest the winner picks the following weeks car and maybe run the time trial for 2 weeks so people have more time to really find the limit.

(I can’t be the only one struggling for time.)

Looking forward to this one, I’m interested to see if I can tune out the things I don’t like about it 👍

Can I suggest the winner picks the following weeks car and maybe run the time trial for 2 weeks so people have more time to really find the limit.

I did think about running it bi weekly. But, weekly is easier for me to remember :lol:

I do like the idea about having winners pick the next car, though. I'm going to make a slight change.

Winner of Tsukuba can pick the next car used at Tsukuba, winner of Suzuka, etc.

@Groundfish, pick an N class, or Gr.B car for next weeks Tsukuba time trial.

Hey everyone, just woke up and had a thought my lap might be a scrub due to degner 1, honestly thought I was clean last night, but after pushing it and watching lots of replays cant remember. Just let me know if it is so I can delete the replay.:boggled:
I plan on beating that time anyway.:mischievous:

I did think about running it bi weekly. But, weekly is easier for me to remember :lol:

I do like the idea about having winners pick the next car, though. I'm going to make a slight change.

Winner of Tsukuba can pick the next car used at Tsukuba, winner of Suzuka, etc.

@Groundfish, pick an N class, or Gr.B car for next weeks Tsukuba time trial.

Yh whatever is good for you, I only suggested it as I know the livery and scape competitions run for a few weeks at a time and seems to work quiet well for them. Thought it may take the pressure off for everyone, including yourself. 👍

Holy Grip Batman! I went thru the first half of Degner and most of the esses, flat out! Wow! :eek: This is gonna be fun! 52.2 so far but I’m not sure if it’s clean or not yet, gonna keep pushing. :)

Using this tune, it’s @praiano63 ’s suspension and downforce settings, with my diff and gearbox. :)

C0DDC941-7D94-4DDE-946B-D34024A762BD.png
7AE0D984-F6A5-4A1D-AF75-4E051E00E747.png

Edit: 51.800 now, still not sure it’s clean. Doob time, then more laps. :)

Last edited:
Holy Grip Batman! I went thru the first half of Degner and most of the esses, flat out! Wow! :eek: This is gonna be fun! 52.2 so far but I’m not sure if it’s clean or not yet, gonna keep pushing. :)

Using this tune, it’s @praiano63 ’s suspension and downforce settings, with my diff and gearbox. :)

View attachment 928504 View attachment 928505

Edit: 51.800 now, still not sure it’s clean. Doob time, then more laps. :)

GG!!
not much point me posting my 52.5 then :lol:. Degna 2 is a *#*#*#*!!!

Edit: Not a clean lap either :scared:

Last edited:
52.5 is a great lap! :cheers:

That’s one of the hardest corners on the track, my 3rd gear is a smidge to long right now I think, gonna reduce all gears but 6th a little bit and try some more. :)

Thanks, I thought I might have had p1 for at least a little bit :lol:.

I’ve basically spent an hour just on the gear box, and a few minor suspension/diff tweeks. I find no difference in speed but I prefer just using gears 1-5. I think I could hit a high 51 on a perfect lap but gonna be tough to actually do it!!
It’s not a bad car after a few changes. Hopefully someone nails a 50.xxx 👍

Back