United Federation of Automobiles (formely IRACC)

  • Thread starter Thread starter LMSCorvetteGT2
  • 219 comments
  • 9,079 views
I'll take care of the highest tier series, along with another series that isn't apart of it. The entry series will also be taken care of by me. I would like to start testing for GT3 Wednesday-Friday.
 
well i asked 6 league/series owners if they would help us and they havent replied back yet
 
well i asked 6 league/series owners if they would help us and they havent replied back yet

That's fine to be honest, I rather we try to get this off the ground, show it works and then maybe others will want to join with their series. Also I plan to start a couple series this week. The first week will be testing.

Since we are only getting a few people, you can pick where you'd like to start in for the first season. Then when more join for next season they will start from the beginning and work their way up and those from season 1 will either stay where they are at or move to a higher or lower class.

Also teams are a big thing for this league, you can run solo or in a team. With teams you'll be more likely to move up to higher tiers in that same team. For example I will run a go kart for the first three seasons, a miata first three seasons as well as a R32 TC for Group and GT3 car for that series and possibly a Enduro. With all that you could race for me in Kart and if you do well I'd move you up to Miata next season as long as you place where you need to. If you win the series by a vast margin I'd move you up to Group racing for your second season and by your third you'd be at the top Tier of the league.

I also offer a unique prize for the top tier champions. There are other guidelines if you want further info.
 
maybe you should clear this out and remake this and put like HP weight and what cars are aloud for what series
 
LMSCorvetteGT2
That's fine to be honest, I rather we try to get this off the ground, show it works and then maybe others will want to join with their series. Also I plan to start a couple series this week. The first week will be testing.

Since we are only getting a few people, you can pick where you'd like to start in for the first season. Then when more join for next season they will start from the beginning and work their way up and those from season 1 will either stay where they are at or move to a higher or lower class.

Also teams are a big thing for this league, you can run solo or in a team. With teams you'll be more likely to move up to higher tiers in that same team. For example I will run a go kart for the first three seasons, a miata first three seasons as well as a R32 TC for Group and GT3 car for that series and possibly a Enduro. With all that you could race for me in Kart and if you do well I'd move you up to Miata next season as long as you place where you need to. If you win the series by a vast margin I'd move you up to Group racing for your second season and by your third you'd be at the top Tier of the league.

I also offer a unique prize for the top tier champions. There are other guidelines if you want further info.

That sounds pretty cool
 
maybe you should clear this out and remake this and put like HP weight and what cars are aloud for what series

Actually those threads will be made in the racing series portion, I should have moved this one to the leagues portion.

Actually since I am still gauging the interest of most users to see if they want to run in a ladder tier league/series I'll keep it here for now.
 
LMSCorvetteGT2
Actually those threads will be made in the racing series portion, I should have moved this one to the leagues portion.

Actually since I am still gauging the interest of most users to see if they want to run in a ladder tier league/series I'll keep it here for now.

So will the threads start out with like iracc or whatever
 
As the host of the GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup League, I like the sound of developmental leagues and a ladder of series for career advancement.

We actually started a spin-off NASCAR Nationwide Series (cars have less power/more weight/better tires) to run in conjunction with our third season of the Sprint Cup because of the overwhelming success and interest in our league. We have 12 full-time Sprint Cup drivers spread among 5 teams. Those same 5 team owners also own their respective Nationwide teams, where another 15 full-time drivers are presently competing in what could be considered a developmental role for future Sprint Cup consideration. That's 27 drivers across two leagues. Some of our guys also run in Furinkazen's TOCA, IROC Camaro RM, and NASCAR Truck Series races. We already have a variety of leagues, with a sort of tier structure in place.

New drivers could start in the Truck or IROC Series, work their way up to Nationwide, with the goal of getting picked up for a Sprint Cup seat. Getting one of the 12 Sprint Cup seats is going to be very difficult for a new driver, so you probably shouldn't require them to conquer the Sprint Cup before moving on to one of your very top tiers. I could argue that for an aspiring NASCAR driver, success in our highly competitive GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup series is the pinnacle for them to achieve. Getting out of Nationwide and into one of the 12 Sprint Cup seats is going to be very difficult at this point in time.

I think that it's probably better for everyone if you guys have different "paths" or "ladders" for drivers to choose from, where their ultimate goal is something like the NASCAR Sprint Cup, The FGTC Series, a GT500 JGTC series, LMP/Group C racing, etc.

For the NASCAR ladder, here is how I would build it:

Jr. Karting series
Sr. Karting series
NASCAR Modified Tour (Using Caterhams) - LINK
NASCAR Truck Series - LINK
IROC Camaro RM - LINK
NASCAR Nationwide Series - LINK
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series - LINK



For the FGTC career path, I think you again start in karts, but one stop along the path should definitely involve TomMcD's IndyCar series (LINK), which runs FGTs with restricted power.
 
Thanks. Spread the word. :) Ind car and Indy lights will be at the top, and you can also work your way through that to F1.
 
Furinkazen and myself are already in talks about an Indy Lights series to support my IndyCar series by the way. A developmental ladder does sound like a good idea and a 'FIA' style organization is an interesting concept...

I'll admit the name isn't doing much for me though :lol:
 
I can make a Le Mans Series if you want?
 
We have the ALMS, but thanks for the offer.
 
polarbear345
Im not sure how much help you guys want from me, I'm not here to tell you what to do or anything as both of you are perfectly capable of making a successful series.

Alright here's my take on the situation. I think there are too many options to get to too many "main" series. Make the karts jr to 100 to 125. That's fine then instead of opening a ton of options make the driver think about where they want their "career" to go. Like if they want to do NASCAR then have some earlier oval tracks with slower cars, then rm Cameros and tc challengers before they go to the sprint cup cars, if they want to do WRC then you could have road cars with dirt tires on dirt tracks and have them work their way through that. With f1 and super gt and gt1, those could be similar. Those could have the sports cars, then faster and faster until your at your desired series. But the miata cup cars could be a step in all series as they're a popular track day car.

Again just some ideas, if you need more owners I think is what your calling them id be able to devote my extra time to this. I think it's a very original idea, that being said its a very very big project! If/once this takes off I think it'll go off like a rocket. Also what thread group would this go under? Lol it's kinda in its own little group!
Those are some good ideas
nitrorocks
Yeah Weve been taking about this since the beginning. I'll make a new ladder this week!

I'll help if its cool with you
 
nitrorocks
We have the ALMS, but thanks for the offer.

OK, is there any series I can do?
 
rallymorten
OK, is there any series I can do?

We do need a WRC series I think
 
james6653
We do need a WRC series I think

If the owners are fine I'm fine. If this happens and we get the career-path thing, off-road will be it's own path right?
 
For offroad you can do

LOORS (Lucas Oil Short course Chanpionship) pickup trucks on dirt.
J-WRC
P-WRC
S2000
WRC
Vintage Group B
Dakar Rally.
 
My 2 cents on this is that instead of starting 6 new series at the same time you should contact the people already running say, a Super GT or Le Mans series and ask them if they want to be part of the scheme.
 
My 2 cents on this is that instead of starting 6 new series at the same time you should contact the people already running say, a Super GT or Le Mans series and ask them if they want to be part of the scheme.

I think I touched on this earlier too, problem is that those series tend to fill up crazy quick! That being said, they are also some of the more simpiler series to set up, at least super gt. Le manns is the multi class mumbo jumbo (I deal with that enough with Rolex) The best solution is to find begining series and get them to join, but they/we will have to make some of our own, how many is yet to be known, but that number could get up there quickly! If we could get a good number of already started series and make new ones too thatll be perfect!

Like the GT1 and GT3 series i think will have to be our own doing. kind of a random example lol
 
The reason I say this is because there are already multiple Super GT series and starting another would net you very few sign ups. Better to get an existing series onboard.
 
The reason I say this is because there are already multiple Super GT series and starting another would net you very few sign ups. Better to get an existing series onboard.

after i thought about it, your probably right. I mean its not like in the racing series section you can pick out at least 5 right off the bat... im sure one will hop on the train!
 
TomMcD
My 2 cents on this is that instead of starting 6 new series at the same time you should contact the people already running say, a Super GT or Le Mans series and ask them if they want to be part of the scheme.

That's our aim.
 
No I'm serious. We need organizers like you. 👍
 
If Drop (MustangRyan) gets involved, all the NASCAR and IndyCar series are likely to follow suit. I'll keep an eye on this 👍
 
TOCA's pretty much its own ballgame. There is no series below or above unless you count Tom's ISTCC and Akmuq / Carb's Swifts.
 
I'm always ok with more new drivers for our NASCAR series. The Sprint Cup and Nationwide are both full at the moment, but the teams would certainly welcome reserve drivers.

Also, the Truck series and IROC are both still taking entries for currently running seasons. Some success in either series would almost certainly land a Nationwide series seat for season two, if not a replacement seat should a driver retire from the series.
 
Furinkazen
TOCA's pretty much its own ballgame. There is no series below or above unless you count Tom's ISTCC and Akmuq / Carb's Swifts.

Personally I think a board that sanctions all the 'American' series on GTPlanet would be a good idea. So that would include all the NASCAR's, IROC, IndyCar, Indy Lights and possibly ALMS/Rolex. I would understand if that's not what these guys are trying to do, but I think me, you, Drop and Chqr should pursue such an idea regardless. Don't want to hijack this thread so if you wanna discuss it, PM me mate 👍
 
Back