Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't pay attention to this stuff so I can't confirm it personally...are we sure this wasn't already the case before the update?
You're probably right. I think your ingame mileage increased, total mileage accumulation, but car mileage itself was not affected.
I'm seeing many "new" things being listed that have been around for months. Makes you wonder...

So all of my posts get deleted and no response from @Vagabond in regards as were to discuss the disappointment of the 1.05 update? Going back on that whole non-oppression comment now?

Tried but you can only zoom in, so it will need the secret menu to be able to change the FOV.

My earlier answer was incomplete. I was unaware of a "secret menu". I can only zoom IN.

As a point of note, I know it's been said that the FGT has been updated, but what's also interesting is, it now has a "Interior: Detailed" tag in the dealership, yet is not viewable in "Gallery View", so is this the first "Hybrid" standard/premium car? Detailed cockpit, but standard car.

Searched through the thread and the OP, but haven't seen this mentioned yet. It seems that the updated fixed the problem with photomode when changing the resolution to 16:9. Where the frame in the camera does not show everything once the picture is taken has finally been fixed! Also, the camera settings for panning mode and resolution stay throughout the time spent in the game. Previously, it would always reset to default after going back to the replay or going into another replay. I have not tried the filters yet to see if it stays the same during the session.

wait, what?
I don't think I'm really allowed to talk about it here so you will have to google about it in GT5.

Anyway, the photomode edges have been corrected so you no longer have to guess where the edge of the photo is for race photos and it also keeps your photomode settings when you resume the replay and use photomode again. So no more changing the ratio and panning mode everytime!

I don't think I'm really allowed to talk about it here so you will have to google about it in GT5.

Anyway, the photomode edges have been corrected so you no longer have to guess where the edge of the photo is for race photos and it also keeps your photomode settings when you resume the replay and use photomode again. So no more changing the ratio and panning mode everytime!

Edit: Tree'd by literally 5 seconds xD

Edit 2: Sorry phone is useless and made a new post :/

As a point of note, I know it's been said that the FGT has been updated, but what's also interesting is, it now has a "Interior: Detailed" tag in the dealership, yet is not viewable in "Gallery View", so is this the first "Hybrid" standard/premium car? Detailed cockpit, but standard car.

No, all open-cockpit standard cars have detailed interiors a la GT5.

It is now possible to also [Filter by Performance] even when [Car Selection Method] is set to [Filter by Make] or [Filter by Category].

This may have been possible in previous versions but I'm throwing it in just in case.

If you set car restrictions to be filtered by Make but then just select a country you can leave it at that. Cars can then be chosen from any of that country's makes.

As stated by iainoflo85, only the open cockpit standard cars have detailed interiors (like the Caterham)

@Johnnypenso Thank you for doing this, I know the frustration that keeping this thread ontopic can be.
Thank you to @Vagabond for his efforts aswell.

That said, I am enjoying the v1.05 changes.

Online Automatic race start time is now "about XX:XX" instead of "at XX:XX"

This may have been possible in previous versions but I'm throwing it in just in case.

If you set car restrictions to be filtered by Make but then just select a country you can leave it at that. Cars can then be chosen from any of that country's makes.

I remember in GT5 there was filters like that but they were extremely limited - like just Ferrari or Lamborghini road cars not the two together.

This feature is incredibly useful to me, or was a month ago, but will still be used in the future when I want to race Lambos vs Ferraris or just US cars or just UK cars. It's a feature that's been requested since the GT5 days because it's common sense and now it's finally here it's kind of bittersweet. But I'm not complaining, just happy they're listening to us, really.

List : 7:22am 3/10/14 - 2 Alfa Romeo's, a Pagani, all three of the Pescarolo's and the Formula One is full premium now.
Sorry to say that all Pescarolos are still the same as before this "update"...
I wish it were different, but...

List : 7:22am 3/10/14 - 2 Alfa Romeo's, a Pagani, all three of the Pescarolo's and the Formula One is full premium now.

You sure about that? Last I looked, the Pescarolos didn't look very different.

You know what, I think they may have fixed the screwed up shadows where they went all mad and danced in a weird line! I haven't noticed any since the update.

Edit: There are still a few of them around just not as bad :(

Last edited:
Conformation/second opinions would be appreciated if possible, thanks.

1. After you finish a race (my experience from the S-Class Challenges) the tire type you start with gets put back in the tuning section. Example: I started my Apricot Hill challenge with Racing: Hard tires. I decided to switch to Racing: Mediums and 5 laps of fuel during my pit stop on lap 9. I went to my next race and went to put back the Racing: Hards (as I always had to) but it was done already.

2. Also, and maybe it’s me but the A.I. seems a bit faster in the S-Class Challenges. I say this because my typical race at say Apricot Hill was 14 laps and I waited off to the left side for the remaining 40-45 seconds (with a 1+ minute gap). Well this morning I had to run 1 more lap (making it 15) and their gap was about 15-20 seconds. It was the same 3 cars up front.... BMW McLaren F1 Race Car ’97, SRT Viper GTS-R, and Ford GT LM Spec II Race Car. I forgot to check their lap times in Replay/Live Timing (my bad) but it was defiantly different to me. The same for the Nurburgring 24 minutes, the gap was closer. Suzuka and Brands Hatch seemed unchanged but hard to tell because their pit strategy is just silly. I’ll give Spa and 24 minutes of Le Mans a go next time.

After racing 51 650PP cars and 33 750PP cars (gotta make them credits) in the S-Class event and select International A races, it’s embedded in my mind what to expect in those races (their times and stops). Granted they are still slow, but possibly improving.

3. The Renault Clio R.S. ‘11 has a working clock, (before v1.05) which is 1 minute behind the time of day clock in the upper left corner, but on-time with the “Total Time” counter AND when the flag guy waves the flag at the end of a timed races.

It also has a number next to it which appears to be temperature in Celsius. It would change depending on the temperature at the location and start of the race (Nurburgring at 74F on my pre-race screen = 24C in car) and so on. Well, I set a race up at Nurburgring starting at 12pm with a time factor of 60 for 24 game hours in 24 real minutes. The temperature dropped 2 degrees Celsius around 00:30-01:00 (12:30-1:00am) in the morning and back up to 24C about 11am-12pm. I don’t remember it changing before so either PD took the time to add that temperature change ability in the car (doubtful) or now the temperature changes depending on the time of day, maybe effecting the car performance and/or track temperature for tire grip.

As stated by iainoflo85, only the open cockpit standard cars have detailed interiors (like the Caterham)

But they aren't fully working detailed interiors like actual Premiums, the gauges don't work. All that seems to have changed with this update is that they now classify these as having "detailed interiors" simply because they don't have the black mask like all other Standards. Doesn't mean they're actually full premium or that anything besides the interior description tag has changed, hence no gallery view. All that changed was a label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back