Update 1.07 Undocumented Changes Thread - Sneak Peak at GTA Final Round in OP!!!

looks that now there is a limit on the number of blue lines from friends in seasonal or gt academy
where a limit on numbers of friends ghost line existing before 1.07 ?
i can't remember
i seen that because i didn't saw my best friends lines at first, only when i improved my lap time then get out and back in the event
the selection of which friends line are displayed changed
look like it's 10 or 12 friends around your own lap time

maybe a placebo effect, i didn't grind on redbull for more than a week, AI looks improved
a little bit less dumb on brake, not as slow in curves as before, accelerate a bit more and top speed improved

or i'm just slower than before :)

also maybe because i moved back from G27 to controller
but the redbull standard fells like driving on a soap block (even if the grip is still good)

and i only did one challenge redbull standard but the car motor sound is back on fuji and nurburgring

I'm really sorry if this has been mentioned before but I was just racing in the Tour of Europe Race 1 at Brands Hatch and noticed something.

I'm sure that the field here has always been 12 racers,if I'm not mistaken. I am now getting a field of 11.

Have I just not noticed this before or has this changed?

Okay, here's the final explanation on the blur rendering. It does seem fixed and vastly improved. I'll try another test with the exact same replay for the clouds, but I'm pretty sure it's fixed.

34tCgcj.jpg

As you can see, 1.06 left very noticeable ghosts in the blurred parts, like in the rim and in the cones, but in 1.07, they're much, much more natrual and smoother. This is the same exact replay, shot on 1.06 and both 1.07.

sNhRIjE.jpg

The clouds, I'll test again but they do blur much smoother than before, and don't leave the red/blue seperation as before.

ytEw53q.jpg

You can even see in the Press shot for the VGT, the odd color on the edges of the blur and the hard outline from the trees.

The outline in 1.07 is much softer and the abbreviation is no where to be found, atleast on Laguna seca, but I don't think it's a track based glitch, just a rendering issue that's gone for good now hopefully.
It sucks that they removed the Chromatic aberration effect, I really liked it.

looks that now there is a limit on the number of blue lines from friends in seasonal or gt academy
where a limit on numbers of friends ghost line existing before 1.07 ?
i can't remember
i seen that because i didn't saw my best friends lines at first, only when i improved my lap time then get out and back in the event
the selection of which friends line are displayed changed
look like it's 10 or 12 friends around your own lap time

maybe a placebo effect, i didn't grind on redbull for more than a week, AI looks improved
a little bit less dumb on brake, not as slow in curves as before, accelerate a bit more and top speed improved

or i'm just slower than before :)

also maybe because i moved back from G27 to controller
but the redbull standard fells like driving on a soap block (even if the grip is still good)

and i only did one challenge redbull standard but the car motor sound is back on fuji and nurburgring

It has always been 10 (or is it 12?) since v1.0 time trials and I think GTA was the same. You start with your 10 slowest friends times. Then each time you reload the time trial, if you have progressed up the list of your friends' times, your faster friends show up and the slower ones are not shown.

What it needs is to be able to select any users line to 'race' against whether friend or otherwise up to 10 and also to be able to view the loaded ghost on it's own.

This would be a huge improvement if true. :odd: Could this be checked by people who have resent experience on offline racing? (I havent raced lately) Maybe even a poll "has AI improved? yes/no"?? Would also explain the slow update / reinstall..
At your service: AI changed in the 1.07 update?

off topic but McDonald's did serve pizza once. it was horrible.
back on topic,any DLC I don't have to pay for....is good DLC in my option,more so if it adds more GT3 style cars.
Oh the irony. The "back on topic" portion of your post is also off topic:lol:

The fields have also gone from 16 to 15 in IA races. Don't know if this has been mentioned as I earlier noted IB are down from 12 to 11.

off topic but McDonald's did serve pizza once. it was horrible.

back on topic,any DLC I don't have to pay for....is good DLC in my option,more so if it adds more GT3 style cars.
Awww, it wasn't that bad.

Can someone correct me if Im wrong, but I just took the new BMW Vision GT for a run around Nurburgring and I swear I'm noticing new signs along the course. Anyone else? FWIW, did 7:06.478 for my first lap with the new BMW. Awesome ride!

Off road driving has been taken away again from Willow Springs (or did that happen in 1.06?)

MAssive disappointement

It was definitely there in 1.06, I was doing it just the other day. If you're serious, that really sucks!

How do you mean? I was lauching cars sky high attempting to land on the AI just this morning by driving 200mph across the dirt and over the steep ridges. Nothing seemed different at all?

possibly just some of the track layouts? :confused:

This could become the longest "undocumented changes" thread to date.. all these small things happening. :confused:👍

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but it's not in the OP. It's extremely minor, though an unnecessary addition.

When you have completed or exited from a race and have been taken back to the race options screen, you are now prompted with "Retry? Yes/No" when you click start race again. I don't remember the game doing this before 1.07, it used to just restart the race with no prompt.

Like I said, it's almost nothing, albeit actually a slight additional waste of time when you're grinding the same race over and over.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but it's not in the OP. It's extremely minor, though an unnecessary addition.

When you have completed or exited from a race and have been taken back to the race options screen, you are now prompted with "Retry? Yes/No" when you click start race again. I don't remember the game doing this before 1.07, it used to just restart the race with no prompt.

Like I said, it's almost nothing, albeit actually a slight additional waste of time when you're grinding the same race over and over.

Yea, I noticed this myself but didn't bother to say anything because it seemed minor and not really worth bring up.

Final round of GT Academy 2014

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13 @ SPA

I'm sure these are voice samples as they're located near the Vettel X challenge recordings.

GT_AC2014_1_LUCAS_00: Hi, I'm Lucas Ordoñez, winner of the first GT Academy. Welcome to the final round of GT Academy 2014!

GT_AC2014_1_LUCAS_01: If you're victorious in this last round, you'll have proved to the world that you're a true champion!

GT_AC2014_1_LUCAS_02: This is a Time Trial in the {0}, the car in which we won the Blancpain Endurance Series.

GT_AC2014_1_LUCAS_03: My teammate Jann, who I raced with in 2013, will tell you more about the car. Take it away, Jann!

GT_AC2014_2_JUNN_00: Hi there! I'm Jann Mardenborough, the 2011 GT Academy champion.

GT_AC2014_2_JUNN_01: This year, I've taken my first steps towards a career in Formula One by joining the Red Bull Junior Team and competing in the GP3 Series.

GT_AC2014_2_JUNN_02: Unlike the production-line GT-R, the GT-R GT3 you're about to drive is not a 4WD car. Instead it has a rear-wheel drivetrain, as per the FIA GT3 regulations.

GT_AC2014_2_JUNN_03: It has a max. power of 542.5BHP, and a max. torque of 65.0kgf-m! You'll drive carefully, won't you?!

GT_AC2014_2_JUNN_04: My Belgian friend Wolfgang will tell you about the track you're going to be racing on. Over to you, Wolfgang!

GT_AC2014_3_WOLF_00: Hi there! I'm Wolfgang Reip, winner of the 2012 GT Academy.

GT_AC2014_3_WOLF_01: You're going to be driving on Spa-Francorchamps. It's Belgium's premier circuit, and it was always my dream to race here one day! I can't tell you how good it felt to make that dream come true when I took part in Spa 24 Hours.

GT_AC2014_3_WOLF_02: It's a very long track - 7km in total - with a height differential of 104 metres. Its dynamic layout, which makes use of the natural terrain, has always been a big hit with drivers.

GT_AC2014_3_WOLF_03: Spa's most iconic feature is the high-speed Eau Rouge corner, which seems to rise up like a wall in front of drivers as they approach it. The speed at which you exit this corner will have a huge effect on your speed down the long straight which follows.

GT_AC2014_3_WOLF_04: Steve's going to give you a few more hints about the track now. What have you got for us, Steve?

GT_AC2014_4_STIVE_00: Hey guys, this is Steve Doherty, US winner of the 2012 GT Academy.

GT_AC2014_4_STIVE_01: Spa is a track made up of long, full-throttle straights linked by strings of continuous corners. That being the case, your strategy for negotiating these corners is hugely important.

GT_AC2014_4_STIVE_02: Don't think of each corner individually. Instead, try to visualise a line through each group of corners as a whole. The other crucial thing, of course, is to make sure you come out of the last turn in each section as quickly as possible.

GT_AC2014_4_STIVE_03: One lap of this track is pretty long, so don't let your concentration waver. I'll be rooting for you!

GT_AC2014_5_LUCAS_00: Are you all set for the final round?

GT_AC2014_5_LUCAS_01: I'm a professional racing driver now, taking part in the Japanese Super GT series and Le Mans 24 Hours.

GT_AC2014_5_LUCAS_02: The skills you develop while playing Gran Turismo apply just as much to real life racing. That's the message I want to share with the world!

GT_AC2014_5_LUCAS_03: Well, all the best for the final round! I hope to meet you at the Silverstone Race Camp!

GT_AC2014_5_LUCAS_03_NO_FINAL_AREA: Well, all the best for the final round!

GT_AC2014_5_LUCAS_03_OTHER: Well, all the best for the final round!

It sucks that they removed the Chromatic aberration effect, I really liked it.
If it was realistic, I would agree with you. However, I don't think chromatic aberration normally has anything to do with motion blur, so I'd prefer it gone.

Back