Update 1.14 Undocumented Changes Thread

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
Every update brings with it the possibility of undocumented changes to the game. Please post any undocumented changes you find in after the 1.14 update and I'll update the OP regularly to reflect any changes found. Please also make a concerted effort to verify these changes and not just report unconfirmed rumours. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask. Be as specific and detailed as you can with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how it was fixed. Poorly worded or cryptic posts will probably get passed over.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Confine those to the appropriate thread created by @Ameer67 please. Here you will find both details and discussion of the update:

New bugs, glitches, errors etc. should be recorded here: The Bugs and Glitches Thread

Undocumented Changes

• Widesweeping changes to the sound package including wind noise, reverb, road noise, proper directional sound sourcing and more. Video
  • Replay cockpit view forced back view has been fixed.
  • New Motec sponsor logos on Autumn Ring, maybe other tracks but not confirmed
  • The directional sound source is now proper while in cockpit mode (as it was in GT5) in surround sound option. MR engine sound for example, comes mainly from back speakers and it changes accordingly when looking back.
  • "Gran Turismoth" typo in M4 TT fixed.
  • Viewing leaderboard speed and downloading of replays fixed.
  • Cockpit view now renamed "drivers eye view" in NTSC versions of the game.
  • Zonda R chrome colour correction. Source at bottom.
  • Seasonal Events now sorted by expiry date.
  • Driver name change limit appears to have reset to 3 more. One source of several.
  • Zonda carbon fibre has changed. Pics.
  • On a Goodwood replay, before update, if you restart the replay or the replay repeats, the camera will change its angles. After update its only the first angle.
  • Rear tail lights of BMW M5 (premium) changed. Pics. Video.
  • When replaying on cockpit view, it is now possible to see the back details of some cars that you can't see in the normal gameplay. Pics.
  • Side views no longer available in replay.
  • Xanavi Nizmo Z GT500 car now has an interior view. Pics
  • Public lounge UI can now show clubrooms when creating a lobby.
  • No longer able to look left and right in the pits.
  • Fastest lap time is now displayed in online quick match.
  • When watching a replay, music does not restart when the replay restarts, like it previously did.

Last edited:
Reserved; I'll tell you what I find with proof of it.

Change: Interior noise is more detailed with wind noise, road noise, and echo.
Examples: All vehicles excluding karts.
Replicate: Drive on large courses, full throttle, in tunnels and around corners near trees.

Change 2:
Vehicle sound has volumetric dynamics.
Replicate: Park your vehicle, and quickly rev your motor, or honk. Wow, the echo!

Change 3: You can now see the rear of the interior in some cars without rear windows.
Examples: DeltaWing, KTM X-Bow R
Replicate: Look back in interior view.

Last edited:
Reserved; I'll tell you what I find with proof of it.

Change 1: Interior noise is more detailed with wind noise, road noise, and echo.
I see this being discussed in the discussion thread so it seems pretty widespread but can you provide a couple of cars we can use as examples so if people are curious they can go straight to those cars and test it out?

New Motec sponsor logos on Autumn Ring (maybe on other tracks too)
Can you post before and after pics please?

I see this being discussed in the discussion thread so it seems pretty widespread but can you provide a couple of cars we can use as examples so if people are curious they can go straight to those cars and test it out?
All cars have it...

I think Zonda R carbon pattern has been changed. It looks more like GT5.
Better pics from unit-one

Gemasolar80.jpg

And also I think a glitch that GT6 Chrome color could not be applied correctly to Zonda R has been fixed. I don't have before photo about this so I'm not 100% sure. Photo car color : GT6 Chrome 005
1.13 pictures by TurismoBad

Syracuse.jpg

Last edited:
The directional sound source is now proper while in cockpit mode (as it was in GT5) in surround sound option.

MR engine sound comes mainly from back speakers and it changes accordingly when looking "back".

Also, I subjectively find the overall surround spatiality more natural, but that is my personal opinion, not a fact.

Honda KEIHIN HSV-10 doesn't have engine sound from interior/bumper view (also changing onboard mic settings to these have same result). Only thing you can hear is gearbox whine, stop the car and it'll be silent.

Something tells me that the previous Alfa Romeo VGT team-member credits that were leaked from months back upset Alfa because this project is supposed to be under tight wraps. Strange to know that even though the Mitsubishi and Subaru team credits were leaked before, both of these manufacturers went ahead with the VGT release.

EDIT: Apologies if this response doesn't fit the thread discussion.

Honda KEIHIN HSV-10 doesn't have engine sound from interior/bumper view (also changing onboard mic settings to these have same result). Only thing you can hear is gearbox whine, stop the car and it'll be silent.
Actually this car could never be heard from this point of view, as most of it's sound is exhaust.

Not sure if this count or known but the Bmw m4 coupe Frozen black metallic also had tuning parts like the normal one's

posting proof later.

Back