The latest update for Gran Turismo 6 has just gone live, and it’s arguably the biggest yet, bringing with it one of the most anticipated new features for the game: “community” tools. It also brings new cars, an updated track, new events, and much more.
The free update weighs in at 548MB; see an overview of what’s new below.
As always, check our Gran Turismo 6 forum for more analysis, discussion, and investigation of undocumented changes and features introduced in 1.14!
[Community] has been added to the [ONLINE] section in “My Home”. Within [Community], players can create Clubs and gather together in club lobbies, host race events for the club members and much more. For further details please refer to the online manual linked to the bottom of this page.
It is also possible to access a web browser version of the Community feature via the official website. Though you will not be able to race from the browser version, you can create clubs and events, edit their settings and have the same communication tools available in game. The website version is also compatible with some smartphone browsers, allowing you to access your Clubs on the go.
Vision Gran Turismo Updates
The “Subaru VIZIV GT Vision Gran Turismo” has been released. The ultimate sportscar with the most aggressive specs in Subaru history, it still retains the full drivability you expect from a Subaru, enabling you to be in full control of the car at all times.
After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in “My Home”. Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.
Suzuka Circuit 2014 Update
The Suzuka Circuit underwent major renovations between 2007 and 2009, to improve its facilities and make it safer. The updates that were performed have now been recreated in detail with the “Suzuka Circuit 2014”. The resurfaced west course, the new crash pads, the guardrails replacement, the sponsor billboards and related facilities have been updated to the actual configuration. Now with variable time functionality added, the true-to-life feeling of racing have improved even further, allowing you to enjoy Japan’s famed circuit on a new level of realism.
BMW M4 M Performance Edition
The “BMW M4 M Performance Edition” has been added to Gran Turismo 6. After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Dealership] option within the [CARS] section in “My Home”. This is a special model based on the BMW M4, designed by Gran Turismo following the specific of safety cars used in races like the Moto GP.
Added events to the Sierra Time Rally
A new “Challenge 4” has been added to the “Sierra Time Rally” game mode available from within the [SPECIAL EVENTS] section in “My Home”. Overtake opponents swiftly in the Nissan GT-R NISMO!
“My Home” menu content changed
– A [News] section has been added to the left menu of “My Home”. Updates and other information from Gran Turismo that was originally in [Notifications] will now be displayed in this section.
– The [Messages] section will now be dedicated to sending and receiving messages to and from other players.
Compatibility with “MoTec i2 Pro” added
Gran Turismo 6 Replay data is now compatible with “i2 Pro”, the data analysis software of MoTeC. Exporting replays as MoTeC i2 Pro data will allow you to visualize your driving data with charts on a PC for subsequent analysis. For details regarding this feature, refer to the online manual linked to the bottom of this page.
Compatibility with “NissanConnect Nismo Plus” added
The “GPS Visualiser” and “Data Logger” functions are now compatible with the “NissanConnect Nismo Plus” of Nissan Motor Company. For details regarding this feature, refer to the online manual linked to the bottom of this page.
Other improvements and adjustments
– A new [Onboard Mic Position] setting has been added to the [Sound Volume] category of the [Sound] page within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button). The same setting has also been added to the [Driving Options] of the “Quick Menu”, displayed before a race starts.
– [Replay BGM] and [Replay Sound Effects] settings have been added to the [Quick Option] menu available when playing replays.
– Tuning and customization options have been expanded for the BMW M4 ’14 and the BMW M4 Coupé Frozen Black Metallic ’14.
– For one-time only prizes awarded in Seasonal Events and License Tests, a check mark will appear under the “Gift(s)” section of the event details page for the rewards already received.
– Enhanced security to prevent players who have manipulated their save data files from accessing online features of GT6.