Update 1.21 Released

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 1,542 comments

Considering the wait, are you happy with how the finished product appears to look?

• Total voters
I absolutely can understand the frustration of those who do not have a tablet (or a smartphone to sideload the .apk). I would be stomping my feet if I didn't have a tablet as well. I sincerely feel for you guys/gals right now - especially after all of this waiting. And perhaps, if PD would have COMMUNICATED with us about the need for a tablet, maybe some people would have saved up a little money here or there to get one. Believe me, I can also understand if you have no desire to ever own a tablet - I do get that...It really sucks the way this all went down.

However, I just want those people to keep in mind that you can at least drive on the sample tracks that PD provides. Just go into Garage > Test Drive or Arcade Mode and select User-Created Tracks. There are a few sample tracks in there that you can drive. Also, go into Community and then scroll through your Friends. You can access all of their created tracks and then even save them to your account (30 maximum).

I know that is not quite the same as being able to create your own. But, I don't want anyone to think that just because they don't own a tablet that they won't be able to experience ANY of the track maker creations.

FINALLY, MY DREAMS COME TRUE!

Screenshot_2015-10-01-03-10-04.png

Screenshot_2015-10-01-03-10-11.png

Screenshot_2015-10-01-03-10-27.png

Screenshot_2015-10-01-03-10-36.png

Screenshot_2015-10-01-03-10-51.png

Best i can fit the straight. So there, point to point race XD

EDIT: Good news :) https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ow-open-featuring-derpy.335067/#post-11004918

Last edited:
Why are the tracks so narrow. you can barely fit 2 BRZ next to each other O.o

Also I really dislike that I can't change track when I startet a lobby with a coursemaker-track :/

Wow... There is full weather on the Eifel tracks. I didn't notice it on Death Valley, but that kind of makes sense. It doesn't really ever rain in the real Death Valley. For those wondering, I don't think any of the Tracker Maker sites has a full 24 hour cycle, but from what I've seen so far you can adjust from like 6am to 8pm...

Quoting my post from the Whining & Crying thread

Even though I've done my own thinking over the course of day, I do agree with the sentiments of the users on here. What must be done if you don't have a tablet? At first I did think that the feature will be 90% in game and the remaining 10% be this tablet stuff like GPS etc but I didn't expect things to turn out like this!

At the same time I do see why PD made the design choice of making use of a tablet to make your courses. I've found touch to be easier than using the DS3 though after what some people have said, it's possible that you can have a clean editor with just using the DS3. In fact, most mice of today are USB enabled, so why can't we connect a mouse to our PS3 and be able to use that to edit if the DS3 is a problem? Why doesn't PD just communicate with us? Sure we bite but it's for the better no?

The thing I don't get is that aren't there any plans to make this app come to smart devices and PCs perhaps?

To sum up my feelings, I'm on the fence about the whole Course Maker issue. However I want to see how it pans out over the following weeks. What really irks me is some of the sound changes made in this update.

This is even coming from a person who even has access to a tablet. Now the Course Maker is more of a niche thing.

Overall, this update has been pretty sour.

Quoting my post from the Whining & Crying thread

This is even coming from a person who even has access to a tablet. Now the Course Maker is more of a niche thing.

Overall, this update has been pretty sour.
It has really been a hit or miss. Most people don't buy tablets like they buy their phones so most tablets(Like mine) are used until the end of their life span. A website or even a program for Windows and Mac would've been better. A tablet can only get so big, but a guy with a triple monitor 1440p setup can do much more.

I've emailed the suggestion of a web/universal app to Polyphony (along with a few other suggestions), it doesn't hurt trying.
If they do have the plan of utilizing this until the next GT, it would be better to have it available to even more people, supporting more devices and ease of access.

It's better to say something than to not say anything at all.

I've emailed the suggestion of a web/universal app to Polyphony (along with a few other suggestions), it doesn't hurt trying.
If they do have the plan of utilizing this until the next GT, it would be better to have it available to even more people, supporting more devices and ease of access.
What is their email?

Has anyone had any isssues with the GPX/KML export? I managed to get all my points together and onto my iPad but when I try to open it in the reference tab it says "file type not supported" for both files :irked: I exported it as a KML, converted a copy to GPX and even saved one as a KML but so far none have been able to work. Any help is incredibly appreciated :)

After all these posts: lol you missed both the APK for phones and the Bluestacks emulator.
ok maybe i will sound like a spanner but i have no idea what is going on. Is it finally possible to get it for your phone? if so how? I don't know what apk is and i don't want to have to go through all 50 pages to find the solution.

ok maybe i will sound like a spanner but i have no idea what is going on. Is it finally possible to get it for your phone? if so how? I don't know what apk is and i don't want to have to go through all 50 pages to find the solution.
This post gives you download instructions for the APK, which you can find on the first page of the same thread.

Alternatively, you can download it from your phone instead of the computer and cut out a lot of work.

Back