Update 1.32 (January Update) Now Available - 8 Cars and SS Route X

• Thread starter Tomsoft
  • 850 comments
Love the cars the track was a waste in my personal opinion smh.. I'll learn to deal with it but jeez man, would've rather them used those resources on a track that can used for the FIA..

Is the straight on Tokyo south (inner?) Not long enough to test top speed? Then again, I have to remember we are the minority crowd.. While a good chunk of us on here may deem this track a waste, the casual gamers are probably estatic about this track returning. So big ups to PD for their consistency and ongoing game support. Hoping the next update will bring 1 of the 3 holy trinity of GT Tracks at the very least.

Would i

Lazy.

*Looks at previous non-Charged content added over past year.*

Yeah sure.:rolleyes:
They're free because we have been given a short product for the beginning. They also have a lot of the contents in their database and are not hard to bring them back.

We shouldn't be greatfull for that because in current standards gaming development this is a lot less than what we should get.

I have an exclusive transcript of the PD meeting when they chose the track:

Kaz: "Im thinking of adding an original track in the next update, any ideas?"

PD Employee: "Deep Forest?"

Kaz: "Nah that one is too cliche, next one".

2nd PD Employee: "Grand Valley? OH maybe even Grand Valley Mr. Kaz!"

Kaz: "Nah those are too unrealistic for our ESports competition"

Drunk PD Employee: "H-how about that boring long oval from GT5 and 6 that only d-drag enthusiasts used online?"

Kaz: "That's... THAT'S GENIUS! GIVE THAT MAN A RAISE!"

Just for everyone's reference, we were about to put out an update preview post which contained pretty much everything apart from SSRX (we said a track probably, but didn't know what it was), the trailer and those official images (we used the PS Store car images). We even had the circuit experience and the right car classes... and just as that was about to go live, GT Tweeted.

Yes, I did have a complete heart attack, but only when I'd finished typing.

Everyone's gonna say PD are lazy cause they're not adding every single car that community wants every month.

There's no need to craft a strawman when the words are literally right there on the screen: the complaint is about the high amount of returning cars from GT6.

Is it an invalid complaint? Eh, everybody has different standards (ba-dum-tish). It's free, so that's good — but when it's so much content that was last seen in a game five years ago, I'd hope it wouldn't come with a price tag attached.

Personally, I'm actually pretty happy with SSRX's return, mostly for Photo Mode and acceleration testing, because I'm a huge nerd.

PD; "So, shall we finally add Silverstone and all its variations or how about the fan favourite, Spa?" "No, what we really need is another oval, that will win the hardcore fans over!" "Any new, current cars?" "No, lets keep on digging up old ones from past games and add the odd new vintage car because everyone loves nostalgia rather than progression!"

Now, dont get me wrong - i love all these free updates. Not many games get the level of after sales support and updates that GTS does. But it just seems they are stuck in the past when it comes to cars, like they ignore the current generation of cars. While i guess Route X has its fans, i doubt its as many as Silverstone or especially Spa. And why no new to the franchise real world circuits?

Will be the first update yet where i wont be buying a single car or testing the new track!

I don't get it everybody is blindfolded and sad by only the news Route X is back.. :boggled:

We got a new version of Dragon Trail.. the gardens, we got the combined tracks 'in' Kyoto.. And what was there, in the trailer.. around 0:10 ?

upload_2019-1-16_16-52-9.png

The misterious infield of Route X.. Discovered in GT6 as I remember.. And to me it could be in the update, for me the overview of that section around 0:10 is a bit too obvious, why should they take that angle if it isn't in the game? Why should they offer us another oval track, without an 'usp' ?

If it isn't there tomorrow, I still have hopes we get it in anupdate later this year/next 3 months! And because of the low poly-corner bottom left (I see it just now posting the screen here..) my hopes are a bit smaller compared to the moment I started this reply :D :rolleyes:

There's no need to craft a strawman when the words are literally right there on the screen: the complaint is about the high amount of returning cars from GT6.

Is it an invalid complaint? Eh, everybody has different standards (ba-dum-tish). It's free, so that's good — but when it's so much content that was last seen in a game five years ago, I'd hope it wouldn't come with a price tag attached.

Personally, I'm actually pretty happy with SSRX's return, mostly for Photo Mode and acceleration testing, because I'm a huge nerd.

Hey at least we get two cars that are completely new to the series for free so they've made some progress,if this was EA then they would charge at least few bucks each for those cars.

Actually if this comes bundled with the machine test feature, my opinion of Route X existing in the game would drastically go up. We'd finally have the chance to test acceleration and straight line speed in a controlled environment, helping us get a better idea of what cars are good in any given BoP (of course cornering, feel and tyre wear matter a lot too but raw power is always an advantage).

There's a difference between fan requested og tracks and ones that aren't

SSRX was surely not a requested one by many
You are wrong here :lol: .

What a waste! Is it supposed to be a progress to have cars and track that were available in GT6 YEARS ago!!

PD are so lazy! They're following their old patterns! What more do we need other than ( old original tracks / real track / modern race cars):banghead:
Yes it is because theres no game development law stating that content in previous game must appear in the next ones oh and btw "we"? speak for yourself.

Good lord, the PR article for this update got some things terribly wrong...

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5571549.html

Total Length, 30,283m. Elevation Change, 65m. Number of corners, 2. Longest Straight, 120000m

120000m? More like 12000.

This event features Nissan's iconic front-engine/rear-drive sports cars, from the very first model to the one on sale now.

The Z33 is no longer being sold. The Z34 has been going for a decade now, but it’s not yet in GTS.

Thank you PD for another FREE update! Awesome work

I would however be happy to pay for premium updates of licensed tracks like Spa etc

Latest Posts

Back