Update 1.32 (January Update) Now Available - 8 Cars and SS Route X

• Thread starter Tomsoft
  • 850 comments
But how though? That makes no sense. Route X is inspired by the Tokyo Port and Bay area.

tokyo%206.jpg

Ask the person that made the addition to the SSRX GTWiki entry?

Link

Hey at least we get two cars that are completely new to the series for free so they've made some progress,if this was EA then they would charge at least few bucks each for those cars.

EA? Yes, probably (even when it sold a "Deluxe Edition" of a game, too!). Other devs? There are free new additions across the genre these days — win win for racing game fans, really. :D

Even with price tags attached, I'm impressed at how reasonable most titles are with their DLC new additions. Fighting games charge a ridiculous amount per new character (and usually for added outfits) — I can't imagine that approach flying for this genre.

I have an exclusive transcript of the PD meeting when they chose the track:

Kaz: "Im thinking of adding an original track in the next update, any ideas?"

PD Employee: "Deep Forest?"

Kaz: "Nah that one is too cliche, next one".

2nd PD Employee: "Grand Valley? OH maybe even Grand Valley Mr. Kaz!"

Kaz: "Nah those are too unrealistic for our ESports competition"

Drunk PD Employee: "H-how about that boring long oval from GT5 and 6 that only d-drag enthusiasts used online?"

Kaz: "That's... THAT'S GENIUS! GIVE THAT MAN A RAISE!"

Drunk PD Employee: BTW, I see that 60% of our player base in Latin America are in Brazil. How about we move the FIA races to 2 AM there?

Kaz: Ok, lol

That is one hell of a banked corner. It would be A1 grade trolling if this isn't included as part of the track.

It isn't on purpose trolling you guys.. I understand most of 'us' wanted a real track or Deep forest for example.. But I see some light it don't have to be that bad :D

The idea of a circuit experience for this track amuses me.

Oddly enough, I was watching a video of the Mazda Furai earlier today and it was filmed at SSRX. As soon as I saw the tower I knew PD had done the unexpected. Makes me hopeful for the other SS routes and old skool original tracks.

Last edited:
My two cents on this:

Cars
Nothing interesting for me apart from the Porsche which is quite unique for a racing game and especially in GT. I admit that it has a nice selection though but really focusing on the "N" category.

5/10

Track
A test track...well, either you love it or hate it. I don't have any use for it. Looks beautiful at least but for real racing it is just useless and there are plenty of other tracks they could have added instead. This is more like a filler.

3/10

GT League
Nothing new, just more events. No time attack races, no drift races, no elimination races, no qualifying, no new Cr/XP additions like small challenges you have to do within a race, no championships. GT League stays boring.

1/10

Apart from these things just a new scape location but no new options or additions to the gameplay or daily log-in bonus. More and more I lose my interest in GT: Sport. There isn't just something exciting and as long as the Cr./XP rewards are silly for the daily races and the penalty and matchmaking systems flawed I won't play it again...except from the new Porsche that I want to test. Hopefully it isn't expensive.

I wouldn't mind sport mode races at this new track, working the draft is good fun and you can score good results even if you're not the quickest of drivers.

We should honestly be grateful for every update. Sure it might not agree with our personal wishlists, but at least we get polished cars (with actual interiors this time) and an updated track. I honestly couldn't be happier about the Fairlady Z being added along with the older cars like Integra and BMW Z8. I think it's safe to say we've been spoiled by the amount of cars and tracks in GT6.

So, just to start some wild 1.33 speculation.
- 1.32 will be weirdly released on January 17th (far from the usual days for new content).
- If P.D. returns to their "update every 30 days" tradition, 1.33 should come around February 17th.
-If they also return to their real track/fictional track schedule, next month we should get a real world track.
-1.32 has barely any race cars, so maybe 1.33 will be quite the opposite.
-The 2019 Daytona 500 will be run on February 17th. Both Daytona and NASCAR have been featured before in the franchise, and NASCAR is even listed in GT Sport's credits.

-Coincidence? *X-files theme plays*

I read on the Gran Turismo Wiki that SSRX might be located near Antarctica. Makes me wonder what the designated location will be.

This is the thought that came to mind when seeing the track. I am wondering what or if a country will be associated with Route X. This could set the precedent if future GT original tracks are added.

Why do some people turn a blind eye to PD because the updates are free? A free piece of 🤬 is still a piece of 🤬.
They want to add some ovals? Add Daytona! Add Indianapolis! Not this 30-km strip of boredom.
Also, this is the 5th update without any current production cars. What the…

Why do some people turn a blind eye to PD because the updates are free? A free piece of 🤬 is still a piece of 🤬.
They want to add some ovals? Add Daytona! Add Indianapolis! Not this 30-km strip of boredom.
Also, this is the 5th update without any current production cars. What the…

Do you actually understand how much it is to get licences to use these tracks! It's insane.

All these updates are free, so the content would have to reflect this.

However, like mentioned before, I would be more than happy to pay for premium content like licensed tracks

Back