Update 1.32 (January Update) speculation thread - update released!

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, couldn't find where Kaz retweeted.

Looks like I was wrong.. he liked it, but didn't retweet it. I saw it on the main Twitter page so I assumed it was one. My apologies if I gave any false impressions.

I think that Is Yamanaka (finalist in Monaco) Twitter account
That is Kazuki Yamada actually, as he is one of Polyphony Digital's Test Drivers (and one of the Japanese commentators in FIA Live Events) and his Twitter handle is YAM23R (his PSN ID is YAM23).

The Yamanaka that you're looking for has the Twitter handle of yamado_racing38 (same as his PSN name).

With the current trend I think we can expect either Art Morrison Corvette '60 (or a regular C1, though it was not in GT6), although I would love to see C5 and C6 sooner. Especially C6 ZR1 which was premium too.
Bentley Speed 8 '03
BMW M5 '08,
Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11
Ferrari FXX '07
Fisker Karma EcoSport '12
Honda Civic Type R '97 and '08
Honda HSV-010 GT '12
Honda S2000 '06
Lexus LFA '10
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09
Nissan Fairlady Z Z33 '07

Some of these will come I think.

Why do people keep making these speculation threads? What can anyone possibly gain from it except disappointment because of 1000 posts hyping up something thats not even been confirmed and is reliant solely upon peoples hopes? Whatever happened to patience? I find it more rewarding to wait for a confirmation and then build from there, that way there is no disappointment.

Oh, and despite admins and moderators always having to point out the obvious, people still keep saying which cars and tracks they want!

Maybe a speculation for a refreshed in the categories: Gr.3, Gr.4 and Gr.B (Which seems the most forgotten class). New P1/900 or C and old returns for the series I have already mentioned several times.

Time at the time I would like big changes for the GT League and can really play a Custom Race where you can choose opponents from Brad Central or Garage and that is before anything else Multiclass!

After the FIA finals and having them live streamed to so many people, I'd kinda expecting them to bring proper spectator camera angles to the game.
Trying to follow on track battles when the camera is only ever focused on a single car makes following the action hard, this is especially true when you have zero control over which camera angle you'll get for any given corner.

Cars you want go here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/cars.339/
Tracks you want go here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/tracks.340/

Speculation - which is reasoning, based on (usually incomplete) evidence - goes in this thread.

Considering there is, literally, zero information for us to go on about the January update (assuming there is one), is speculation, as you define it, even possible? The OP kind of jumped the gun with the thread. Considering that, currently, any car can appear, I think my wishlist is actually more speculation than one could think. At least, all the cars that appear there have been showcased in GT events or are high on the suggestions forum, which are really the only straws we can grasp on to right now.

But they are one month short from that due to the missing september update.

There isn't enough time between major updates for anything to be coming on Christmas. PD don't have a history of compensating for what they skipped.

There isn't enough time between major updates for anything to be coming on Christmas. PD don't have a history of compensating for what they skipped.

Well that depends on what content we are talking about. Building a new track, maybe. But not doing some new cars. 4 or 5 cars as a christmas gift would have been nice and compensate a bit for the missing update.

Based on past updates where they gave us an old car, then later a newer version, ie the Minis, and Fiats. Ever since we got the 300ZX, I've been expecting and newer version. I think it's safe to say we'll eventually get the 350, or 370Z. I personally prefer the latter. Beyond that I have no other guesses.

MMX
Based on past updates where they gave us an old car, then later a newer version, ie the Minis, and Fiats. Ever since we got the 300ZX, I've been expecting and newer version. I think it's safe to say we'll eventually get the 350, or 370Z. I personally prefer the latter. Beyond that I have no other guesses.

Thinking of this, perhaps the 2016 Gen2 Ford GT road car + the LM GTE Gr.3?

Since I've noticed that there has been a race car that always been featured in updates ever since the January Update, I hope the next race car/s that they'll feature will be something useful and either a Gr.1/2/3/4 car.

Considering there is, literally, zero information for us to go on about the January update (assuming there is one), is speculation, as you define it, even possible?
There's plenty of information. Not about what's in the next content update, but what's in previous ones. That's evidence of patterns, upon which you can speculate.

Every content update we've had since November last has featured 7-13 cars and a track (plus some GT League extensions and Circuit Experience). That would suggest that the next content update will have 7-13 cars and a track (plus some GT League extensions and Circuit Experience).

There's 103 cars and 12 tracks/additional track layouts. That's pretty much 8.5 cars and 1 track per content update.

The tracks have been six real tracks and six new fictional tracks or extensions of existing fictional tracks. They've alternated since Blue Moon Bay Infield, up to a cluster of real tracks in the Regional Finals period, then Tokyo South.

We've had 13 new manufacturers - which suggests one new manufacturer per update. We've had 67 N-Class cars and 36 Gr-Class cars, suggesting any update is two-thirds road cars and one-third race cars (although more than half of those are Gr.X).

The largest single country for DLC cars is Japan, with 33 plus the 7 Gran Turismo cars. After that it's Italy (20), Germany/USA (16 each), UK (6) and France (4). That might suggest we'll see more Japanese cars coming.

67 of the 103 cars are GT6 Premiums. Seven are Standards. 25 are new cars, but in existing brands. Four are entirely new cars and brands to the series. That suggests that for every 10 DLC cars we'll see almost seven reworked Premiums, two-ish new cars in the brands we already have and probably one that's either an old GT3/4 Standard car or a new brand.

There's patterns everywhere - and this is a perfect example of a post from someone looking at the patterns and speculating:

Thought I'd give this a go, I heard that there were usually between 7 to 13 cars in an update so here's my list

1 - Amuse 380RS Nismo Super Leggera (N400)
2 - Chevrolet El Camino SS 396, 1967 (N300)
3 - Ferrari FXX, 2007 (N800 or Gr.X)
4 - Hudson Commodore #7 Mario Andretti, 1948 (N100 or Gr.??)
5 - Isuzu 4200R Concept, 1989 (N300)
6 - Land Rover Range Rover Evoque (N200)
7 - Lexus LFA, 2010 (N600)
8 - Mazda RX-8 Type S, 2007 (N200)
9 - Mitsubishi i-MiEV, 2009 (N100 or Gr.X)
10 - Oldsmobile Toronardo (Jay Leno), 1966 (N1000)
11 - Pagani Huayra, 2011 (N700)
12 - Tesla Roadster, 2008 (N300 or Gr.X)
13 - Volvo C-30 R-Design, 2009 (N200)
31% Gr-Class cars (35% to date), 38% Japanese cars (32% to date), perhaps too Premium-heavy (100% compared to 65%) but that's not unprecedented. This is doing it right.

Wants:
LFA 2010
Castrol Tom's Supra 2000
Ford Gt 2017
Ford Gt gte gr.3
Bentley Continental Gt3
Saleen S7
Jaguar XJ220
Jaguar Xkr-s
TVR Speed 12
Audi R8 01
McLaren P1 2013
COTA

Gets:
None of those
Subaru 360
Lancer Evo 9
Infiniti G37
Another old Ferrari/Lamborghini
New Beetle
New Alsace layout

There's plenty of information. Not about what's in the next content update, but what's in previous ones. That's evidence of patterns, upon which you can speculate.

Every content update we've had since November last has featured 7-13 cars and a track (plus some GT League extensions and Circuit Experience). That would suggest that the next content update will have 7-13 cars and a track (plus some GT League extensions and Circuit Experience).

There's 103 cars and 12 tracks/additional track layouts. That's pretty much 8.5 cars and 1 track per content update.

The tracks have been six real tracks and six new fictional tracks or extensions of existing fictional tracks. They've alternated since Blue Moon Bay Infield, up to a cluster of real tracks in the Regional Finals period, then Tokyo South.

We've had 13 new manufacturers - which suggests one new manufacturer per update. We've had 67 N-Class cars and 36 Gr-Class cars, suggesting any update is two-thirds road cars and one-third race cars (although more than half of those are Gr.X).

The largest single country for DLC cars is Japan, with 33 plus the 7 Gran Turismo cars. After that it's Italy (20), Germany/USA (16 each), UK (6) and France (4). That might suggest we'll see more Japanese cars coming.

67 of the 103 cars are GT6 Premiums. Seven are Standards. 25 are new cars, but in existing brands. Four are entirely new cars and brands to the series. That suggests that for every 10 DLC cars we'll see almost seven reworked Premiums, two-ish new cars in the brands we already have and probably one that's either an old GT3/4 Standard car or a new brand.

There's patterns everywhere - and this is a perfect example of a post from someone looking at the patterns and speculating:

31% Gr-Class cars (35% to date), 38% Japanese cars (32% to date), perhaps too Premium-heavy (100% compared to 65%) but that's not unprecedented. This is doing it right.

A while back, several people, including myself, speculated that the update at the end of April was going to be typical (about 9-12 cars) as the patterns of previous monthly updates suggested. Then PD broke the pattern. I'd say patterns are also very tentative information. The guess you quoted isn't entirely great either, focusing only on GT6 returns when, usually, at least one new-to-franchise car is present. Any car from GT6 could come, we could get something from the top suggestions, PD could bring the cars they've been showcasing at their events, it's all possible. We'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back