- 400

- Auckland
- Turbo_Kiwi021
- Turbo91Kiwi
hey guys quick question weren't we supposed to get a major update in a couple weeks for GT6 ? and if so has Polyphony Digital announced a date ?
hey guys quick question weren't we supposed to get a major update in a couple weeks for GT6 ? and if so has Polyphony Digital announced a date ?
I don't usually get as worked up as many GTPlanet members when it comes to Gran Turismo 6 updates, but one thing that really bothers me is how old most of our cars are. It's 2014 but the vast majority of our cars are several years older. I know it takes a lot of time to remodel a car, but this is the business they've chosen. I don't mind the fact that we still have standard cars in the game. Several of those 'standard' cars are pretty awesome in this game. According to the awesome gtdata.net search only two 2014 production cars exist in this game. The BMW M4, which can not be tuned and the C7 Corvette. I have zero faith that a car like the Lamborghini Huracan will ever come to GT6.
Copy and paste?That is the problem with keeping Standards in the game. 99% of the Standard cars were made before 2005 yet there is still a community that wants to keep them. You can't keep old car models from the PS2 days and somehow expect new cars to be in the game. It just can't happen.
Welcome to the world of GT and the lazy copy and paste attitude they have towards game making.
Well i seem to remeber GT6 used a different engine from GT5 altogether, so copy and pasting would have been much more complicated than a simple Ctrl+c - Ctrl+v.Copy and paste?
Why didn't they copy and paste online features? Track editor? B-Spec?
Perhaps they're not copy and paste enough in some respects.
I understand that's why they seem to be reinventing the wheel. I was simply contrasting that against ColoredBadger's comment about the "copy and paste attitude" of PD.Well i seem to remeber GT6 used a different engine from GT5 altogether, so copy and pasting would have been much more complicated than a simple Ctrl+c - Ctrl+v.
Copy and paste?
Why didn't they copy and paste online features? Track editor? B-Spec?
Perhaps they're not copy and paste enough in some respects.
I understand that's why they seem to be reinventing the wheel. I was simply contrasting that against ColoredBadger's comment about the "copy and paste attitude" of PD.
Don't get me wrong, I love GT and the game that it is, but sometimes PD test my patience and loyalty.
It is really not complicated. They're porting them straight over. I'm fairly certain the files are very similar or exactly the same. This is a picture a member on reddit posted from gt6 the other night. I haven't looked close enough at the car in gt6 beforehand. Surprising? No. Directly ported? Yes. Does it bother me? No. I would not buy a GT without most of the standards.Well i seem to remeber GT6 used a different engine from GT5 altogether, so copy and pasting would have been much more complicated than a simple Ctrl+c - Ctrl+v.
Ummm, im not quite sure what you trying to say here, but umm, i agree with you as far as the standards. i dont mind the standards in GT either. everyone complains about them, but really don't see why PD should take them out of the game.It is really not complicated. They're porting them straight over. I'm fairly certain the files are very similar or exactly the same. This is a picture a member on reddit posted from gt6 the other night. I haven't looked close enough at the car in gt6 beforehand. Surprising? No. Directly ported? Yes. Does it bother me? No. I would not buy a GT without most of the standards.
![]()
Because older cars are in the game - that affects nothing; zero in regards to putting new(er) cars in the game.
Ummm, im not quite sure what you trying to say here, but umm, i agree with you as far as the standards. i dont mind the standards in GT either. everyone complains about them, but really don't see why PD should take them out of the game.
I don't think it's practical to expect PD to remodel 700+ cars when there are so many other important things to be working on, like physics, tire models, weather systems, etc... Modelling a highly detailed car is not an easy undertaking. There is a reason that most sims only offer a few dozen cars or so.That's the point. There shouldn't be any standards. There should be 1200+ premium cars, not 700 standards and 500 premiums. If they updated them to the same quality, whether they have interiors or not, then it'd solve a lot of arguments. Like if all Standard cars were Vision GT quality (without interiors), then it'd be fine to have all of them in my opinion.
I don't think it's practical to expect PD to remodel 700+ cars when there are so many other important things to be working on, like physics, tire models, weather systems, etc... Modelling a highly detailed car is not an easy undertaking. There is a reason that most sims only offer a few dozen cars or so.