Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

Good race everyone, kept up pressure there Sick till came off at Clearways, fun though.

Nice too see Skip back on track.đź‘Ť

Hi there Skip. Good to see you taking an interest again. đź‘Ť
I hope that's a sign you are feeling a little better.

Where do find the spotter option in the game? Sounds interesting...thanks
If you haven't found it by now...
The spotter can be found in options \ game play \ onscreen guides and displays. Near the bottom the spotter settings can be found.

Sorry I missed the round as well. This virus seems to be a persistent little bugger and is taking a good while to shift. I did via the PS4 up but after looking at the screen for two minutes my eyes became sore so I gave up. Hopefully next week I'll have a bit more get up and go to get on and race.

Good race everyone, kept up pressure there Sick till came off at Clearways, fun though.

Nice too see Skip back on track.đź‘Ť
Thanks John! Looking at the weather forecast it looks unlikely I can race Monday, because we have a 21 degree farenheit day...racing rig is in my shop with very little heat..that will be too cold to race! Hopefully the forecast will change!

The spotter can be found in options \ game play \ onscreen guides and displays. Near the bottom the spotter settings can be found.

Sorry I missed the round as well. This virus seems to be a persistent little bugger and is taking a good while to shift. I did via the PS4 up but after looking at the screen for two minutes my eyes became sore so I gave up. Hopefully next week I'll have a bit more get up and go to get on and race.

Good to be back, but remains to be seen how I will do! I don't care if I am a backmarker, I just really enjoy the racing in Sick's leagues...great guys!
Send me a friend request please...in fact can everyone who I am not friends with please send one also?
Thanks!

By the way, thanks for the spotter tip! Found it!

Race report:

After an eventful qualifying where I struggled to get a decent lap together the race started.

When the camera jumped into the cockpit the wheel turned violently to the left. I wasn’t holding it and it didn’t feel like it turned much. Straightened it and when the race started my wheels were pointing towards the wall.

By the first corner I was fifth. Battled to gain second position (congratulations to @richroo for an impressive pace the first laps). After that it was a case of trying to reduce the gap between me and @Friday_GTRP, easier said than done.

Around the 15 minutes mark I was 2 seconds behind, but then he started pulling fast lap after fast lap. I was pushing so hard that carrying too much speed into the last corner got me into the sand losing around 4 extra seconds.

I thought everything was lost but fought anyway. Reduced the gap again down to 2-3 seconds and then he got a slow down warning. That gave me the chance to get in first. Then he went out in Paddock Hill bend and I then just needed to bring the car home.

The pace between he and me was really close, as @AndreasR timing shows. @Friday_GTRP got the fastest lap of the race (both of us beat the qualifying time), but the difference between our fastest lap time was a meagre 86 thousands, me being faster on the last two sectors and him on the first.

I took the chance of having the rig in place to record a lap for next week, stopping the clock at 1:42.142. Remember to open it in YouTube and change quality to HD!

Last edited:
the wheel turned violently to the left.
That's happened to me on a few occasions, quite often when exiting the pits where it usually crashes into the wall. And it is always to the left! I thought it was a problem specific to my wheel. Seemingly not.

1:42.142 - nice symmetry there.

(The Mustang) Like trying too drive a jelly
Because strawberry wasn't an option that's why I chose orange. :P

Finaly have time to reply here, what was i pissed at myself last night :mad:

Had a decent start and saw the horror start of @IBZ6L20VT and decided to build up my speed, that part went well as described by @IBZ6L20VT
Then he had an incident and i made the worst decision i could make, i decided to relax :banghead:

Al of a sudden the gap was closed down to 2-3 seconds and i began pushing like a mad man, resulting in two major slow downs.
Of course @IBZ6L20VT took advantage of that and i binned it in the first corner.

Here is the footage of the event :

Qualy:

Race:

TV Broadcast:

Finaly have time to reply here, what was i pissed at myself last night :mad:

Had a decent start and saw the horror start of @IBZ6L20VT and decided to build up my speed, that part went well as described by @IBZ6L20VT
Then he had an incident and i made the worst decision i could make, i decided to relax :banghead:

Al of a sudden the gap was closed down to 2-3 seconds and i began pushing like a mad man, resulting in two major slow downs.
Of course @IBZ6L20VT took advantage of that and i binned it in the first corner.

Here is the footage of the event :

Qualy:

Race:

TV Broadcast:

Well, now the championship gets interesting. :cheers:

Good to be back, but remains to be seen how I will do! I don't care if I am a backmarker, I just really enjoy the racing in Sick's leagues...great guys!
Send me a friend request please...in fact can everyone who I am not friends with please send one also?
Thanks!

Hi Skip - welcome back! It is great that you are recovering your fitness and are feeling well enough to race. A grid slot will be kept open for you. Feel free to race whenever you can, but please don't get cold in that shop of yours! I have the opposite problem - my wheel (T500RS) has a very large motor which kicks out a lot heat so I normally race in shorts with a large pedestal fan running, but then my feet get cold so I have special 2.3 tog socks for racing!

Try to use the quote button to avoid multiple responses in quick succession - the site moderators frown on double posts!

Well, now the championship gets interesting. :cheers:

You are quite right! Look at the updated table in post 1, page 1 of the thread - the championship is currently tied at the top and there is another tie for 3rd and 4th spot!

That is why us Yank gear heads loved Carroll Shelby..when he got thru modifying the 66 Stang into the Shelby gt350 it weren't jelly anymore...more like hot sauce!!!

Hi Skip - we will discuss that further in the Monday thread where we are racing the classic Mustang.

Sorry guys, I couldn't make to the race, as something unexpected came up. I promise that I'll race the following round... đź‘Ť

Don't worry Harsk - just race when you can!

Thanks!

Don't worry about being a backmarker Skip - that is normally my job and it would be nice if there were some more slower guys for John and I to race against. All speeds are welcome and some of the new guys are seriously fast - it is just important to let the leaders through and not impede their progress or interfere with the race while being lapped. That is always a tense moment, but it adds to the excitement and is a part of the real classic racing which I am lucky enough to watch at Brands Hatch - in real life there is less difference in the talent of the drivers, but sometimes in multi-class racing a big difference in the speed of the cars.

Skip - Regarding Friends - if you look at my friends list on the PS4 you can click on any of the names and send them a friend request. I note that you already have quite a lot of the regular racers, but you can send requests to any of the others that you want to add.

For anyone reading this thread (lurking) we have one more regular space and a few reserve spaces available - fast or slow, novice or pro - you will be welcome! Just express an interest in the thread and send a friend request to Sick_Cylinder2

There are also some spaces available in the Monday series - currently racing the classic Mustang

Try to use the quote button to avoid multiple responses in quick succession - the site moderators frown on double posts!

Will do...thanks tor the comments and info! In the summer when we have our 100 degree, 200% humidity days I race like u do..tank top and shorts and mesh pool shoes to keep my feet cooler! Seems very remote right now when it is 12 degrees at noon time...it's all that damn Canadian frigid air rolling down on us that normally stays further north!!!

MPPKENE2QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg MPPKE5X1QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg MPPKE561QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg MPPKENE2QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg MPPKEMI2QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg MPPKEEZ2QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg MPPKEY22QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg MPPKEFB3QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg MPPKE113QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg MPPKE9D4QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg MPPKEQW3QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg MPPKEYI4QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg MPPKELM4QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg MPPKEGQ4QPNAAAUWE_.jpeg

Race report:

Both in practice and qualifying, @Friday_GTRP and I had a very similar pace, just thousands away. I got pole by just 78 thousands of a second. The race promised to be entertaining.

An early mistake on the second corner of the race, where I misjudged entry speed, ended up in a slow down to avoid a penalty. Both @Napalm_LT and @Friday_GTRP past me.

Then, @Napalm_LT made a small mistake, I think on the same lap, and I then had @Friday_GTRP a couple of seconds ahead.

Did my best to reduce the gap. When I got down to 0.8 then I got into his dirty air and I was unable to go as fast as usual on the corners. If I got down to 0.5 was even worse, the car pretty much at the verge of spinning out of track everywhere.

Despite my love for Oulton I reckon there are little to no opportunities for overtaking (hairpins after a long straight).

I got a chance mid race on the main straight, we were side by side, but I lifted before the first corner because that’s a late apex bend and there was no point pushing there.

After that I tried to put some pressure in the distance, something like 2 seconds behind but I simply lost momentum and just took the car home.

Second again in the championship. Looking forward to Snetterton.

By the way, a quick training lap at Snetterton I just made after the race, stopping the clock at 1:56.499

Last edited:
Good start for me but going into turn 1 i see that i would be making it three wide so eased up , then the two in front clashed going down the hill giving me there places, now i was up with the fast guys .
I tried to keep cool but started losing ground , got my head down and put some laps in.
Silly mistake i started looking to see where Ant,Napalm was as they both qualified faster, Napalm was there gaining fast ,making me push a little harder. Then we hit traffic gap close, then Napalm had a moment and went off gap open (was very intense by then ) this gave me a breath but not for long.
A couple off laps and the clock ticking napalm got the pass so now i had to hold on, push hard was losing then gaining on him ,into the last lap still close get round to the chicane and he hits it ,i felt it ouch this gave me 3rd good result..

Good fun @Napalm unlucky

Car Liveries and Numbers

In Project cars 2 you cannot choose a race number like you can in GT6, but you can choose a livery (colour scheme) which is pre-fitted with a race number. select the car then scroll through until you find the one you want.

If we are racing with AI drivers to fill the grid, please treat them with as much respect as the human drivers - note the AI drivers sometimes cut the track and drive badly, but we humans never do that!

If it is still available, I will take #95 livery....

If it is still available, I will take #95 livery....

You can try it Skip - there is a list of race numbers on page 1 and that one isn't taken, but the list isn't complete. It would be helpful if drivers could let me know the number they are using if it is not listed on page 1.

You can try it Skip - there is a list of race numbers on page 1 and that one isn't taken, but the list isn't complete. It would be helpful if drivers could let me know the number they are using if it is not listed on page 1.
I know..I used that list to pick the number.

Back