Weekly Racenet Challenge

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 184 comments
Same i think bonnet is best for TTs, although i know a lot use chase cam, that just looks way to toy for me.

Nice time at ALGARVE GP 👍
I can never get on using chase camera and using wheel, always feels very stange to me.

Thanks, do you know if loaner cars are at any disadvantage to new cars bought? I will have another go later today so any tips to newbie like me will be very much appreciated. Also does slipstream play a role at all? Also great time you have on the Algarve GP too 👍. Did you use your own car and tune at all?

There's not much in loaner and own car really, im not using upgrades at the mo, as i think they make me slower.
The cars i have tested upgrades don't work in this game, a fix is defo needed.
It's best if you own your car so you can fully tune it, its not much lap time wise but it dose help a little.
I did use a fully tuned car, no upgrades. Slipstream dose help if you can time it right 👍

I went to buy car but realised I didn't have enough credits. Also noticed you can change the driving aids, I stuck to driving without assists as it seems more fun that way. Tried the open-wheel challenge to get some credits and I must say on default settings, the steering was way too sensitive, only managed to get a Silver so changed some steering settings around and got it handling a bit better but I think Codemasters got a lot of room for improvement with how these cars steer. It nearly put me off driving it but as I needed to get the credits and learn how to drive fast in these cars for career, I persevered. Getting a bit better all the time, I think if I put my best sectors together will put me in the high 30's. Hopefully can get top on this as it seems most in reach.

I went to buy car but realised I didn't have enough credits. Also noticed you can change the driving aids, I stuck to driving without assists as it seems more fun that way. Tried the open-wheel challenge to get some credits and I must say on default settings, the steering was way too sensitive, only managed to get a Silver so changed some steering settings around and got it handling a bit better but I think Codemasters got a lot of room for improvement with how these cars steer. It nearly put me off driving it but as I needed to get the credits and learn how to drive fast in these cars for career, I persevered. Getting a bit better all the time, I think if I put my best sectors together will put me in the high 30's. Hopefully can get top on this as it seems most in reach.
Saw on your video you have the tendency to throw cars into corners at the last moment, using all the kerb. That's a bit tricky in an open wheeler :)

Saw on your video you have the tendency to throw cars into corners at the last moment, using all the kerb. That's a bit tricky in an open wheeler :)
This is the fun part with an open wheeler ;), always seem to mess up on final corner though when I got sector times I need to get provisional pole position. I wonder how much potential time @STEVE182rs has got left to extract, I think I've got about 3-4 tenths left with the loaner car although I found it is quite hard to put a lap together even though on a short track. AI is so annoying in this as you have to back off for number of seconds on first lap to get room to do second and third lap.

This is the fun part with an open wheeler ;), always seem to mess up on final corner though when I got sector times I need to get provisional pole position. I wonder how much potential time @STEVE182rs has got left to extract, I think I've got about 3-4 tenths left with the loaner car although I found it is quite hard to put a lap together even though on a short track. AI is so annoying in this as you have to back off for number of seconds on first lap to get room to do second and third lap.

31.156 at the mo, it reminds me of hot lapping on FRL this event 👍

Am sure REPLAY will come back strong tho, he always dose :eek:

31.156 at the mo, it reminds me of hot lapping on FRL this event 👍

Am sure REPLAY will come back strong tho, he always dose :eek:
Good time 👍, I've yet to hot lap on FRL but when I do I will try and beat one of the records you set ;).

What kind of times are you getting on the splits on this one?

Hopefully one of us can defeat him, he has too many 1st positions.

Not sure, puts me off looking :lol:
That is probably my problem with last corner when I'm set to do a good lap, I have a look then miss the turn in point :lol:.

My best in first I think is .993, second is .290 or something like that and third split is something like .06X. Are you using a purchased car or loaner one?

Awesome time, looking at video are you running more downforce and different gearing than stock? If you have time, I was wondering if you could give a try with loaner car and see if you notice any difference.

Awesome time, looking at video are you running more downforce and different gearing than stock? If you have time, I was wondering if you could give a try with loaner car and see if you notice any difference.

If i get chance, REPLAY on the move, i knew he would get into the 30.9s.

Will have another try later.

Oh my gears are stock, and i +50 downforce, tuning in this game is very poor and there's not much in it lap time wise,
i think REPLAY will be loaner.

If i get chance, REPLAY on the move, i knew he would get into the 30.9s.

Will have another try later.

Oh my gears are stock, and i +50 downforce, tuning in this game is very poor and there's not much in it lap time wise,
i think REPLAY will be loaner.
Luckily he just scraped into the 30.9 so there is still hope for now at least.

I am trying now the other events so I get credits for them, following Replay07 ghost, he seems to get massive straightline speed at start but in couple of the braking zones I seem to gain a lot of time on him so I guess he must be running lowest downforce setting on that one.

I feel like I need the extra bit of downforce in some of the corners in the open-wheel one, last corner especially after seeing yours, it means you are carrying a lot more speed than me through there if you can upshift so early with stock gearing unless that was just engine noise. Will give it another go after finishing other challenges. Best of luck 👍.

Just did a 30.935 so back on top for now anyway

Edit: can you get on the cat c touring? keeps saying racenet unavailable on me,
need to put a better time in there.

Last edited:
Just did a 30.935 so back on top for now anyway

Edit: can you get on the cat c touring? keeps saying racenet unavailable on me,
need to put a better time in there.
Great time, hopefully you win. I didn't get time to run it again, just Platinumed the remaining events, last one was so annoying with AI at start. Anyway did a single platinum run on that as it is so frustrating. Happy to manage to get top 1% on all challenges on my first week of Grid Autosport RaceNet challenges.

It says something about it being unavailable too, same for leaderboards for that event in the game.

Sorry for double posting but otherwise this thread wouldn't bump.

The street challenge with the GT's at Paris is a difficult one to platinum 👍

Loving that Paris track by the way, one of the best street layouts i ever raced on due to it's many fast and tight corners mixed with pretty surroundings. It's very fast and challenging for a street circuit, but then again i think codies did a stellar job on all street layouts.

The AI can be annoying although party one this week can be a bit more fun for a little while as they are so aggressive.

I'm finding the latest touring one very frustrating in getting a lap together. My current fastest lap (Video below) I think I was down nearly 2 tenths off my best second split time and lost a bit on the start of third sector and finally lost quite a bit on last corner exit IIRC.

The AI can be annoying although party one this week can be a bit more fun for a little while as they are so aggressive.

I'm finding the latest touring one very frustrating in getting a lap together. My current fastest lap (Video below) I think I was down nearly 2 tenths off my best second split time and lost a bit on the start of third sector and finally lost quite a bit on last corner exit IIRC.

Nice lap, i just tested loaner car on my other account and got a 41.3, sorry i knocked you off 3rd doing it tho.

Nice lap, i just tested loaner car on my other account and got a 41.3, sorry i knocked you off 3rd doing it tho.
Thanks for that, now I know that slipstreaming makes a big difference, still can't get as good start as you regarding straight line speed. Any secret to that? On the video I posted, I think I lost over 3 tenths now over my best so gives me optimism given that there is still a lot of time to find in last corner for me compared to REPLAY07 (Unless he is getting slipstream at end of lap) and still at start of lap compared to you. On your main account are you using any different setup, like low downforce?

A good slipstream will gain a little time at the start, after that there is no clean run to do it again really.
On my 182 account i run low downforce, but there is only a little gain after turn one, in the last sector the car is a bit to lose and time is lost to the loaner car. I only had two runs in the loaner car and did 41.3 with ease so it can be improved.

Like i have said before tuning is way to basic and dose very little lap time wise and upgrades just don't work.

Darn, both you and @PIP_36 stole my gold club medal there.

Noticed today about the Intel challenge, shame I never saw this weeks events earlier, only managed to do one run before 9.00AM BST although leaderboard is still open but not sure if any improvement will get noticed. Only good enough for 19th but I guess reasonable as I didn't know the track before and still don't really which way is fastest. Also there is damage now, don't know if that affects things at all.

Edit: In the end, I decided to buy the car and surprised it was quite cheap but wish I didn't in the end as the AI I got were much harder to pass at the start. Found a way to get another second off time by improving my racing line but couldn't put it into action as start was hard to do with new AI. Will make my average position very hard to improve on for next week now.

Last edited:
Anyone else having game freeze issues with the Formula B at Mount Panorama? Froze PS3 twice on 2nd lap coming up the long straight after the first turn.

Anyone else having game freeze issues with the Formula B at Mount Panorama? Froze PS3 twice on 2nd lap coming up the long straight after the first turn.

Yes, it happened to my other half twice today. He's not a happy chap!

Back