WGTC, season 1, please use new thread, link in post 1.Finished 

So the season is not going to start until May? Just read the dates of pre season practice, and got the idea of putting the "test races" in successive weeks, so that we can start the championship a bit earlier :D

Indeed, I also noticed that doing the Seasonals! :eek:

Thanks, i'm doing the seasonals only to make some money, not trying to be the fastest, if im reaching gold its enough for me, i dont want to waste that much time for trying to be better and better.

If im really trying to be better and better, this happens :

http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?sec=1&sub=overallTop5000_all&start=0

8th place in gt academy 2012 top overall times ,but i think i wont be able to do that again anywhere ever, haha :)

New Provisional car specs:

Z4: 598pp
R8: 604pp
SLS: 607pp
GT-R: 621pp

At this new spec I have a .3 difference in lap tim at the Nurburgring 24h so doubt there will be any more changes now.

Exactly 1 week to go now to get pre-season started and for an idea of time for room open, it would open in 1h 15m from the time of this post 👍
Countdown timers will be added to the calendar this week 👍

Thanks, i'm doing the seasonals only to make some money, not trying to be the fastest, if im reaching gold its enough for me, i dont want to waste that much time for trying to be better and better.

If im really trying to be better and better, this happens :

http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?sec=1&sub=overallTop5000_all&start=0

8th place in gt academy 2012 top overall times ,but i think i wont be able to do that again anywhere ever, haha :)
8th!!!! Wat?

Wow, nice job!:eek:
👍👍👍

So the season is not going to start until May? Just read the dates of pre season practice, and got the idea of putting the "test races" in successive weeks, so that we can start the championship a bit earlier :D
No, we only have 2 pre-season dates, 1st race is on the 8th Feb :lol: we finish in May :lol:

Surprised I've never read that before:P
Gotta go read that many times now:dopey:

New icon! ":@:"
@Jordan is going ninja style:sly:

Edit: what's a "soace"? :P
Edit 2:
image.jpg

I can't tell you how many times I've been spun on that turn by someone who doesn't know what they're doing:mad:

Last edited:
The optimistic driver in that guide would get penalty after penalty until getting banned in this series, our stewards wont stand for behavour like that :D
Didn't have anyone like that last season :D

I do agree for the fugi case, but I do use that tactic sometimes. Not at fugi, because that's silly due to the long straight after, but for example at Becketts on Silverstone national, the ideal line is a late apex, but if you can get up the inside it compromises their line resulting in an even drag race down club straight. Plus by taking the inside line, you naturally drift out mid corner, putting you on the inside for the next corner. Mind you I only do it if I'm directly behind the car infront, I don't make a late lunge from miles back. Another eg is the long right hander (turn 3) at Tokyo, I generally carry more speed in and brake later than others ive raced there, so diving up the inside is a normal line for me. There are others but I cant be bothered to rack my brains.

As far as I'm concerned, a genuine move up the inside no matter what the normal racing line is, deserves room left. A divebomb from several car lengths back is a no-no.

i agree about the dive bombs and lunges, its something that proper gets on my wick..some people seem to think its ok to shoot up the inside in a braking zone if they get past clean..and only getting past clean because the car getting passed has been forced off their line and forced to leave room..THIS IS NOT RACING!...racing is about assessing your situation,planning a pass and executing the manouvre.I'm sure most feel the same and it has to be known through the whole grid that this type of passing should not be tolerated. :P

@gtpcaine.. if the move doesn't involve the driver getting passed being forced wide to leave room then yes this kind of pass is acceptable..also when the drivers are of a decent calibre there is more of a mutual respect between them and side by side cornering is not an issue...this type of passing may affect me more as i do tend brake early to try and maximize exit speed..especially if i've a car on my tail..this is usually an invitation for a pass..however when the pass has been attempted my attempt to maximize exit speed has been compromised because i can't turn in when i need to due to a car being there..ergo round the outside poor exit speed and a place lost..or dive bomber has over estimated his/her ability came in hot ran deep and the undercut is there for the taking..

fortunately for us we have decent drivers and bombs and lunges don't really pose a problem...btcc a different story..lol

some people seem to think its ok to shoot up the inside in a braking zone if they get past clean..and only getting past clean because the car getting passed has been forced off their line and forced to leave room..THIS IS NOT RACING!

Well then any pass isn't racing, whoever has been overtaken WILL have to compromise regardless because there is a car there. That's like saying its not racing going round the outside of someone forcing them to have a tighter exit....

It's the job of the lead car to defend their position, if they choose to stick on the racing line, expect to go backwards...

EDIT

But yes you are right you have to pick the moment, trying to go up the inside at T1 Suzuka... stupid... 130R, stupid.

Last edited:
lol..i think you know the type of bombers i mean...and anyone who has raced with me enough should know that i am happy to run round the outside in the spirit of good racing...but my tolerance is very low for the type of racers i refer to.

I have the knowhow, but no equipment. Perhaps towards the end of the season. My birthday is in Feb and was going to ask my missus for the software to do it.

I do have a video editing mixer...but thats so 90's..i've been told..:lol:
and anyway wouldn;t have a clue how to get ps replays watchable on a pc...apparently theres some sort of video card you need but????????not got a clue.

Latest Posts

Back