WGTC, season 1, please use new thread, link in post 1.Finished 

Silverstone test went well tonight, resonable attendance đź‘Ť
Big :cheers: to all those who attended and bigger :cheers: to those that finished the race :bowdown:

Cars looked good racing together in the wet :D GT-R as always seeming the dificult car to drive and even more so in wet conditions :nervous:

Those drivers that didn't attend MUST attend the next test to keep your place in the series.
This includes you @Daniel Pinho as you will driving in place anyone who doesn't attend :D
Can't wait for some dry racing:D

A few pics from lastnight. :)
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_3.jpg
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_6.jpg
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_7.jpg
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_4.jpg

It seems like i can't open my replay, i dont even have a full one, it was finished recording during the race and now its useless :rolleyes:

Someone could send me a full replay please? :bowdown:

I had to try twice to get mine open, 1st time crashed my system :(

I had the message pop up saying "finished recording replay" aswell but all 28 laps are there, but I don't know how to send it to you :(

I had to try twice to get mine open, 1st time crashed my system :(

I had the message pop up saying "finished recording replay" aswell but all 28 laps are there, but I don't know how to send it to you :(

Same here, and i just realised that the replay file is more than 80 mb and even if i save it to my ps, cannot attach to a message so now i also dont know how to get and see the replay. It seems like we have to wait for a patch which solves the problem :(

I was going to get to a computer today to update the op with this weekends test information and a little house keeping that needs doing.... but ....... :banghead:

I went to town and wasn't until I was about 5 minutes from Dan's that I realised I had left all my bits of paper at home :lol::banghead:

EDIT: As an added thought, if everyone who has the knowhow and ability could upload pictures from each event ( as @Glenalz81 has done above) they might come in useful for next seasons op images đź‘Ť

Last edited:
First there is that replay which cause my ps crash and now i can't install the 1.03 patch, it says "please wait" and then crashes, resets itself and starts checking it's file system again and again :grumpy:

Quick question for the podium finishers of the last race, Mike and Stigy, should we try the pp penalty system at suzuka, or not? (me -8pp, Mike -5pp, Stigy -2pp if i'm right) In my opinion, we should... it would cause closer racing for sure.

EDIT : i hope i'll be able to install that patch until the next race lol

First there is that replay which cause my ps crash and now i can't install the 1.03 patch, it says "please wait" and then crashes, resets itself and starts checking it's file system again and again :grumpy:

Quick question for the podium finishers of the last race, Mike and Stigy, should we try the pp penalty system at suzuka, or not? (me -8pp, Mike -5pp, Stigy -2pp if i'm right) In my opinion, we should... it would cause closer racing for sure.

EDIT : i hope i'll be able to install that patch until the next race lol

on the official gt6 website it states there is issues with this update..if you accept the update within 2 secs of message appearing you should have no issues...hope this helps.

@HMilan21, yes I wss going to ask he podium finishers to test the PP handycap system at Suzuka đź‘Ť also you are right with the amounts :)

Nice, that´s where I wanted to be. Also see Jammy in there 👍
Yeah, I'm a little gutted to drop back down to D2, so close to the D1 cut-off aswell! But I'm pretty much bang on judging by previous WRS events... I guess it means I might be able to take some division wins on my way back to D1! :lol:

Dw Glen, I'm the same, suddenly am seriously off the pace. It felt like I was on different tyres at Silverstone.

Yeah, I'm a little gutted to drop back down to D2, so close to the D1 cut-off aswell! But I'm pretty much bang on judging by previous WRS events... I guess it means I might be able to take some division wins on my way back to D1! :lol:

Dw Glen, I'm the same, suddenly am seriously off the pace. It felt like I was on different tyres at Silverstone.
Can we possibily gain a step by winning some races in the WRS? Or is that the result which will count for every race?
Yeah, last race at Silverstone was also disappointing for me... Same feeling with the tires, felt like 200% wet track lol.

Yeah silverstone was a bit weird for me to, practiced all day saturday(with rest) could hit a low 17 on the odd lap but was hammering out low 18's like there was no tomorrow..then race, quallied 4th started 7th :boggled: lol.. feckn' 21's and 22's lap after lap..never crashed or spun at all,no significant mistakes and ended up 1m.38 behind..don't know how it happened..lol..i did pit twice but was so far off the pace it was unreal...even worse was that it was another god damn sls that done it :lol: ... :bowdown: HMilan.

Yeah silverstone was a bit weird for me to, practiced all day saturday(with rest) could hit a low 17 on the odd lap but was hammering out low 18's like there was no tomorrow..then race, quallied 4th started 7th :boggled: lol.. feckn' 21's and 22's lap after lap..never crashed or spun at all,no significant mistakes and ended up 1m.38 behind..don't know how it happened..lol..i did pit twice but was so far off the pace it was unreal...even worse was that it was another god damn sls that done it :lol: ... :bowdown: HMilan.

I was starting from 5th instead of the well deserved 3rd place :lol: and i lost an another place at the start... and then my wet tyres wasnt that good on that low humidity track so the gap increased to about 9 sec behind the leaders... at around lap 7-8 my tyres started to work on the more and more watery track, the leaders went out to change their inters to wet. In the full wet track i was able to drive 2.15s -2.16s laps thx to the car setup, i was able to put down the power while accelerating... but if it would be a dry race i know i wouldnt have a chance to beat Mike and Stigy...

At lap 14 i went out to the pits and changed tyre... after that i was driving the same way , i did everything the same but my laptimes were 2.18s i dunno why, its strange... before the race i didnt know aboutr this thing...and at the end of race i didnt came back to change to inters, even if it was like 7-8 seconds faster at the last laps... and at the very end of race i spun once, lost concentration, but lost only maybe 2-3 seconds...

i was thinking about this race and i found out that the best strategy would have been the next for me :

- i wouldnt do anything else than i did in the first 14 laps , so starting on wets, but then (knowing that the newer tyre will be slower after pits) i shouldnt came into the pits until lap 24, doing 2.15-16s and maybe 17-18s at the end of the stage, but its still faster than new tyres... and then when the track became dryer, i sould have changed to inters for the last 4 laps, or if the track stays wet then i stay with wet tyres, doing only 4 laps with the slower pace. I couldnt skip the pit stop because i was short on fuel by 2 laps, i had to get 10 litres to finish the race...

Sorry if i was too long, i was just thinking a little bit.... It seems like Suzuka will be a quite different story, i'm already almost 2 seconds slower than Stigy in the dry, with the 8pp penalty, i think i have to be satisfied if i'll reach 3rd or 4th place in the race. I dont have the power for accelerating out of corners and for the long straights... 524 hp only :(

Stigy made mid 54's with his 2 pp penalty low 54's without penalty
I made 56.1 with 8 pp penalty, only 2 tenth left on the track and i dont know what to do to be faster...
Well it seems, that the penalty system works! Will be a pain for everyone who gets it but that is the sense :D

Whereas I have to say that in GT5 for example a 6pp penalty wasn´t really holding up a good driver, if only he did consistant lap times...

Whereas I have to say that in GT5 for example a 6pp penalty wasn´t really holding up a good driver, if only he did consistant lap times...

True, and in gt5 aero settings also changes pp, you can run with lower aero so you still have the engine power for the straights, but here only engine power means the performance point... imo its a silly thing...

Back